Curly loves kittens!

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Our cat Mongo passed away about 3 years ago. Curly was better friends with Mongo than he was with our other dogs. Needless to say, Curly is a very emotional dog and he took the passing of Mongo pretty hard.

We held off on getting another cat for a while because my Frenchie mix was severely allergic to cats. Our Frenchie mix sadly passed away a year ago.

Long story short, I live on top of a mountain (very rural) and, it was bound to happen, last month I discovered we had mice. Within a week, I adopted two kittens.

I wasn't very sure how the dogs would all take to them because we only had cats around, not kittens, but it has been 100% confirmed that Curly is a feline dog and not a dog dog lol. He loves these little critters. He lets them jump all over him and for whatever reason the kittens want to only hang out with Curly.

Oh and all signs of the mice have disappeared now too
a5b265e4dec678513f03076ef90d83fb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I seriously just LOVE this pic... adorable!!! :drawheart:

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] he's definitely a ham. I have a sneaky suspicion that he likes to hang out with the kittens because he likes to clean up their kibble after they eat [emoji23]

He has had a great weight loos journey though. Down from 90lbs in Dec to 70 lbs as of Tuesday. The vet wants him to lose another 5-10 lbs...we are almost there!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] he's definitely a ham. I have a sneaky suspicion that he likes to hang out with the kittens because he likes to clean up their kibble after they eat [emoji23]

He has had a great weight loos journey though. Down from 90lbs in Dec to 70 lbs as of Tuesday. The vet wants him to lose another 5-10 lbs...we are almost there!

Wow good job! Kittens will teach him to chase after mice and bamm Curly looses 10lbs in no time. Lol

Great pic!!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I adore that photo!!!!!! Please keep posting about their adventures together!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is the man!!! Love that face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
What a sweet story!! I love this photo. I always wonder how my two would do with kittens. I am afraid Jax (my Frenchie) has a high prey drive so I have not dared to try it.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Funny story. Before I realized I had a mice infestation (in all honesty, it was probably just 2 mice), I forgot to take the trash down to the dumpster when I left my house (the dumpster is about a 20 minute drive), so i had a garbage bag in the kitchen, not in the trash can. Curly and my Boston Terrier were the only ones who could have gotten to it but they never go into the trash. I come home and I find the bag ripped to shreds, trash everywhere. It was bizarre. They both got in trouble (which just means they don't get their 1/3 of a cheese stick)

I re-bagged everything and I left it in the kitchen again. The next morning, I found a little mouse hole in the trash bag - that's when I figured out I had rodents.

So to see if it was a mouse or a pack rat, I decided to setup a camera and bait it again with the trash.

I went out again, during the evening, and when I came home, trash was EVERYWHERE. I checked the cameras. I saw the mouse (cute little field mouse) but then I saw 2 dogs - an english bulldog and a boston terrier literally try to attack this mouse, tearing up everything in site. And then it was like as soon as they tore into the trash, Mi'me (the Boston) had all out rage against the trash. Curly laid down. I don't know where the mouse went - but that is when i decided I needed cats - for at the very least the smell of a cat to keep mice away.

Lesson: English Bulldogs and Boston Terriers are not good mousers

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Curly and the Kitty Kat squad set up a perimeter with the rules of engagement toward the mice...Terminate with extreme prejudice. And they did.

Curly, I'll tell your dad to award you an Army Commendation Medal and the Army Achievement Medal for the kitty squad.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Curly and the Kitty Kat squad set up a perimeter with the rules of engagement toward the mice...Terminate with extreme prejudice. And they did.

Curly, I'll tell your dad to award you an Army Commendation Medal and the Army Achievement Medal for the kitty squad.

Of course, Curly is the Squad Leader.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
How sweet - lovely picture! Some dogs are cat lovers, aren't they. When we moved into our house, the neighbour's kitten would come in and hang out with Castor. It was really cute to see. Then the little cat boy grew up and was neutered and lost interest in Castor (who has since tried to make friends with another neighbour's female cat, so far without success, though).

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=9956]nubonics[/MENTION] my 2 goes after cats n magpies. I did see Nyala running into the garden searching for something. I know there’s field mice as it’s harvest time n winter is coming. I put them sticky mouse traps in the corner of my garage’s door. So if they come in they get stuck there. Works great.

OptimisticBully

Sep 3, 2018
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobieski ( Scott)
Same here! My boy still wanted to get friendly with a cat, who was literally about to wacky him. It was too funny! The way the cat lifted its front paws, like I what to slap you across your face, but my bully as he is so loving and friendly, gave the cat one of those cute bow....I what to play. It was hilarious!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.