Nyala n Jake

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Look at those faces!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Well thank you :) Just beautiful are you falling for him? He's gorgeous and looks like a mellow dude.

A bit harder to fall for him. I still need to get use to him. Nyala n Duke had such a strong connection. Duke was a clown. Jake is yes, more mellow. He always needs to be petted or on you. Iā€™m not use to that. All my dogs Iā€™ve ever own did there thing type. So yes Jake gets more petting, scratching behind the ears.... Both are getting use to one another. Itā€™s slow but itā€™s better like that. I always leave my shoes a long the back of the sofa. I went to take a shower and when I came out, Jake took all the sandals n runners behind the sofa n scattered them all over the living room. On their bed n in the kennel. He didnā€™t chew them. :whew:

He still sleeps in the kennel at night. Heā€™s all happy when I open the door. Rams into me till I pet him. This morning was a first I open the back door for their potty n both ran n played. Jake runs n rolls over in front on Nyala. This time Nyala played with him. Didnā€™t last long like a big 1 minute. Then Nyala took a toy out of her basket n ran with it. Toy landed in front of Jake, Jake took it but slowly n wasnā€™t sure what Nyala was going to do to him. I stood up n raised a bit my voice saying Nyala be nice. She backed off. Both were staring at one another. It was that stare you needed to intervene. Then they were fine. So itā€™s getting there slowly. On the 22nd heā€™s going in for surgery so will have to pamper Monsieur n keep Madame away from him.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
A bit harder to fall for him. I still need to get use to him. Nyala n Duke had such a strong connection. Duke was a clown. Jake is yes, more mellow. He always needs to be petted or on you. Iā€™m not use to that. All my dogs Iā€™ve ever own did there thing type. So yes Jake gets more petting, scratching behind the ears.... Both are getting use to one another. Itā€™s slow but itā€™s better like that. I always leave my shoes a long the back of the sofa. I went to take a shower and when I came out, Jake took all the sandals n runners behind the sofa n scattered them all over the living room. On their bed n in the kennel. He didnā€™t chew them. :whew:

He still sleeps in the kennel at night. Heā€™s all happy when I open the door. Rams into me till I pet him. This morning was a first I open the back door for their potty n both ran n played. Jake runs n rolls over in front on Nyala. This time Nyala played with him. Didnā€™t last long like a big 1 minute. Then Nyala took a toy out of her basket n ran with it. Toy landed in front of Jake, Jake took it but slowly n wasnā€™t sure what Nyala was going to do to him. I stood up n raised a bit my voice saying Nyala be nice. She backed off. Both were staring at one another. It was that stare you needed to intervene. Then they were fine. So itā€™s getting there slowly. On the 22nd heā€™s going in for surgery so will have to pamper Monsieur n keep Madame away from him.

Thank you Dear :) I absolutely love hearing of the healing and changing of the guards so to speak. as............... lam-o me is still shedding tears for that boy of yours. Ya know, i think we all just saw the care and love and health you put into your loves that we couldn't help but feel the love as well. All i know now is that Jake has found the luckiest place on earth to call home. Prayers for surgery :) oh, btw, i took my boy to the bay today. He's still a great swimmer and i cried and laughed at his joy of life. These are the most precious hearts. I love them... oh, and even though i had a long line on him he was basically 'off leash' the whole time and even when a mean ole dog snapped at him, he turned away and followed me!! thats big for him, he always had wanted to figure out WHY anyone didnt want to be his best friend, and run off with others even if they didnt want him to.. lol but nope, he hung with me. i gave him sooooooooo much love and he gave me so much of his soggy wet body in appreciation :)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you Dear :) I absolutely love hearing of the healing and changing of the guards so to speak. as............... lam-o me is still shedding tears for that boy of yours. Ya know, i think we all just saw the care and love and health you put into your loves that we couldn't help but feel the love as well. All i know now is that Jake has found the luckiest place on earth to call home. Prayers for surgery :) oh, btw, i took my boy to the bay today. He's still a great swimmer and i cried and laughed at his joy of life. These are the most precious hearts. I love them... oh, and even though i had a long line on him he was basically 'off leash' the whole time and even when a mean ole dog snapped at him, he turned away and followed me!! thats big for him, he always had wanted to figure out WHY anyone didnt want to be his best friend, and run off with others even if they didnt want him to.. lol but nope, he hung with me. i gave him sooooooooo much love and he gave me so much of his soggy wet body in appreciation :)

Thank you for the kind words. I know Duke had a special place in most memberā€™s heart. He was just that odd ball bully that made me laugh with his quirky attitude. He was probably the only odd ball in here that did the unthinkable on daily basis. Lots of things he did I never posted as it became normal days with him. He was simply that dog that kept us laughing. I miss so much his quirkinesses even if he kept me on my toes n days I wanted a break...I would do it all over in a heartbeat. Now I need a tissue.....

Your boy doesnā€™t need any playmates to be his best friend as he has you. Thatā€™s all he needs and wants. Just you! :)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thank you for the kind words. I know Duke had a special place in most memberā€™s heart. He was just that odd ball bully that made me laugh with his quirky attitude. He was probably the only odd ball in here that did the unthinkable on daily basis. Lots of things he did I never posted as it became normal days with him. He was simply that dog that kept us laughing. I miss so much his quirkinesses even if he kept me on my toes n days I wanted a break...I would do it all over in a heartbeat. Now I need a tissue.....

Your boy doesnā€™t need any playmates to be his best friend as he has you. Thatā€™s all he needs and wants. Just you! :)

Aww thanks dear one, and much love. and a few more tears... I guess this is one way to loose weight,,,they say water holds a lot of weight and im sure we've all shed a few these last days. Hugs my friend, and thanks :)

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] So wonderful to begin to hear the adventures of Jake and Nyala. I truly commend you Helene for your continued positive outlook. Have Nyala wear the paw for Duke made me tear up again.....I think of you often and continue to pray for comfort for all.

I hope that you keep posting stories about the new adventures that Nyala will be having with Jake!!

Peace friend!!!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Surgery is over and all went well :whew: Seems vet took a good 3 square inch of soft palate excess skin out.
Heā€™s home and needs to wear the ā€œcone of shameā€ for 2 weeks! Right now heā€™s sleeping n not wearing it. Iā€™ll see if he needs it while Iā€™m home.

F7F29296-4115-42EC-9AED-9F85B2E24593.jpeg

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Surgery is over and all went well :whew: Seems vet took a good 3 square inch of soft palate excess skin out.
Heā€™s home and needs to wear the ā€œcone of shameā€ for 2 weeks! Right now heā€™s sleeping n not wearing it. Iā€™ll see if he needs it while Iā€™m home.

View attachment 117044

Great to hear Jake is home again! Lovely picture of the little man.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

View attachment 117044

So happy to hear that all went well and he is home safe and sound! [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Yay!! Glad to hear all went well.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
So glad all went well!
Hoping for a speedy recovery.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It still rumbling in there... Iā€™m not an expert in soft palates so the ones that knows, is it normal? He resting now but when he walks around I hear his breathing like snoring/rumbling. Maybe Iā€™m saying this wrong. Sometimes the French side kicks in lol.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] So relieved to hear that all went well for Jake! I feel like I was holding my breath. Glad that is over.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] So relieved to hear that all went well for Jake! I feel like I was holding my breath. Glad that is over.

We all can breathe now... he is still snoring loud too. Odd

Members online

No members online now.