Help please!

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
So while wearing her diaper (while in heat) she got an abrasion on her hip/leg. I feel so bad.... the site has healed and doesn’t look infected to me at all, it’s pretty much dried up after the scab fell off, just pink and no hair at the moment . I am hoping her hair grows back in the spot. Any suggestions? It doesn’t seem to bother her at all (but it really bothers me! :().
Vaseline? Neosporin? I was afraid to put it on knowing she’d lick it off. I really haven’t done anything Since it scabbed over pretty quickly.
1759D044-2362-47AF-A4B1-3064C96440D1.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So while wearing her diaper (while in heat) she got an abrasion on her hip/leg. I feel so bad.... the site has healed and doesn’t look infected to me at all, it’s pretty much dried up after the scab fell off, just pink and no hair at the moment . I am hoping her hair grows back in the spot. Any suggestions? It doesn’t seem to bother her at all (but it really bothers me! :().
Vaseline? Neosporin? I was afraid to put it on knowing she’d lick it off. I really haven’t done anything Since it scabbed over pretty quickly.
View attachment 115145

Doesn’t look infected. I would just clean it with soap n water. Dab it dry and leave it air out.

Is there any some sort of doggie diapers that the skin can breathe?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Keep it clean and you can even rub in a little coconut oil and if she licks it, no harm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION] NuStock will grow hair. Rub it in well, apply every 3 days.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION] NuStock will grow hair. Rub it in well, apply every 3 days.

Keep it clean and you can even rub in a little coconut oil and if she licks it, no harm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn’t look infected. I would just clean it with soap n water. Dab it dry and leave it air out.

Is there any some sort of doggie diapers that the skin can breathe?

Ok. Thanks so much for the advice. I have coconut oil. Will have to find nustock.
Thendiapers do breath but it must have moved down and rubbed her legs, both actually have the sore just the one side is pretty small thank goodness. It looks the same as the picture I posted in the it’s just pink with no hair.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Don’t worry, fur will grow back 100 % even if you don’t rub anything. I think it might happen because of rainy weather lately, may be after walks some extra wetness got under her diaper.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The diaper was rubbing on her hips/legs. She is in between diaper sizes. Lol. The xl were a little to big and the Larges were a little small. I guess I have to decide if I am going to breed her or get her fixed. :yes::no:
As long as her hair grows back I’ll be happy. I feel bad for letting it happen...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION] When you have animals,things will happen. We, here know what a good Mom you are!! No guilt(though we can't help it....);)

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION] When you have animals,things will happen. We, here know what a good Mom you are!! No guilt(though we can't help it....);)

Well thank you! We sure do love these little nuggets to death don’t we!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION] Hope you are the BEST MOM EVER!!! You love Bella so much and it always shows in your posts. This stuff happens, as I know very well....forgot to dry Joey's tail pocket after swimming 2 years ago....took a long time to heal, never forgot again but hated myself.

I hope Bella's boo boo heals over well and from what I see here the hair should grow back too. Bella is one LUCKY GIRL for having a Mom like you!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The diaper was rubbing on her hips/legs. She is in between diaper sizes. Lol. The xl were a little to big and the Larges were a little small. ...

Don't we all have this issue.... stuck between sizes and never comfortable! UGH We all know you always do your best with all your babies... I learned something new from my groomer this weekend, if you scratch or soft brush the area backwards, it stimulates the fur to grow back.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Don't we all have this issue.... stuck between sizes and never comfortable! UGH We all know you always do your best with all your babies... I learned something new from my groomer this weekend, if you scratch or soft brush the area backwards, it stimulates the fur to grow back.

Well I will definitely try everything!

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Her hair is growing back!! Hopefully it covers the scar....
C5765D58-41CC-4587-980A-00443A6ACB98.jpeg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.