helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I feel your pain ! I had to get rid of my English Bulldog because of the fight to be alpha. How's the wolf dog getting on with the bunch ? I read somewhere that a wolf-dog hybrid can't be officially legally considered to be vaccinated against rabies since there's no official rabies vaccines for them. So if they bite someone they have to be euthanized so their brain can be tested for rabies.

Tia minds her own business. Sheā€™s somewhere around like 10yrs old if not more. From what I know she never bitten a dog or human. Sheā€™s very friendly. In the morning she greets you with the ā€œhowling of a wolfā€. When she wants to eat or go outside she comes up to you, stares at you n she starts howling. Only one thing if sheā€™s sleeping and a dog goes up to her face to smell her, she does a little 2 second growl at them as a warning to leave her alone cause sheā€™s sleeping. Nyala n Duke doesnā€™t even bother her, they just walk around her as they know she wonā€™t play.

From what I understand we tend to say ā€œhalf wolfā€. But according to research, 70% of these ā€œwolfdogsā€ have no wolf in them whatsoever. Seems no one can tell. And for the ones that really do have wolf in them, you cannot treat them like an ordinary dog as they have more of wilderness in them. Yes youā€™re right about the vaccines. There is none for a real wolf or wolfdog. What ppl do is simply tell the vets their dogā€™s a malamute. Itā€™s just another breed on itā€™s own. Something I wouldnā€™t bother buying or toy around with Mother Nature.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala: Duke, lets keep an eye on her....

Mom: Hmmmmmm

Mom:. Hey, you 2, whatcha doing???

Duke:. Nyala, I think we got caught!
d8774176f74ddd836554f52808c2a103.jpg
c540f27982e378ff72fd1212596312ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW... what a crew! ... did you and the house survive the weekend!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes Iā€™m still breathing lol... but I know in March they are going on vacation again for their honeymoon... pfffft

FAT chance Iā€™ll be sitting again!!!! Anyway as of February Iā€™m back full force in the kitchen... my excuse! Lol

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
well this was a fun read :) I occasionally baby sit my kidos pug and she's such a sweetie and Hank and Josie and her all do just great but......... that third wheel (much less your extra three!!) sure puts a whole different level of having a pack. and a watchful eye out! I just couldnt bear anything happening while on my watch. Glad your done for this round and good luck saying no to the next lol

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I wonder if Tawney needs babysitting? Her and Nyala would get along great !!! http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/english-bulldog-photos-and-videos/59289-resting.html

I know... You canā€™t beat Nyalaā€™s grinch face as [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] put it n [MENTION=12554]harveyspecter[/MENTION] hilarious comment on Nyala ā€˜s expression. And yes Tawny is another one. Actually, there is another one but I canā€™t remember the name. More on Dukeā€™s colours... :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.