Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Babysitting the grumpies

Hey dog grannie @helsonwheels One of my dogs resembles Nyala, and she is the oldest, she will do the same,if she thinks there is a "problem" with one of the others!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Hey dog grannie @helsonwheels One of my dogs resembles Nyala, and she is the oldest, she will do the same,if she thinks there is a "problem" with one of the others!
    Dog grannie? Loll... good one... Chico just wanted to greet me along with the rest running towards the gate. He was just happy to see me. 50lbs Miss Muffet had no right to attack him. Chico comes from a Rescue. He was beaten by his owner a man. Little Guy was always afraid of men. Took a good year for little Chico to accept men. He still fears them but not the ones in the family. Earlier Nyala wanted to play with him. I was outside standing there in case she grabs him again. She didn’t. She needs to understand they are part of the family which they were they before she ever came along. Odd part she knows them well as she sees them often. She just had an alpha moment which was corrected. Can’t imagine coming from vacation n your dog is dead cause of a dog fight in a dog friendly home...I won’t here the end of it from the daughter-in-law....Hell no

3. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    I have no grand kids so far...but dogs lol

Today I parked in the back, open the back gate, all dogs were outside playing n my little Chico all 5 lbs wet, got attacked by Nyala. She didn’t want him to come n see me.

Man did I grab her n then my partner was at the house took her by the collar cause I was carrying bags n he scolded her. He lets her go, little “B” she comes right back to pin Chico down again. Chico’s legs are the size of like pencils. Screw that, I dropped the bags grabbed her collar and dragged her to the kennel. Trust me she was running on her back legs. Left her there for hours. Will have to check her till they come back from vacation. Don’t trust her...
    I feel your pain ! I had to get rid of my English Bulldog because of the fight to be alpha. How's the wolf dog getting on with the bunch ? I read somewhere that a wolf-dog hybrid can't be officially legally considered to be vaccinated against rabies since there's no official rabies vaccines for them. So if they bite someone they have to be euthanized so their brain can be tested for rabies.

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    I feel your pain ! I had to get rid of my English Bulldog because of the fight to be alpha. How's the wolf dog getting on with the bunch ? I read somewhere that a wolf-dog hybrid can't be officially legally considered to be vaccinated against rabies since there's no official rabies vaccines for them. So if they bite someone they have to be euthanized so their brain can be tested for rabies.
    Tia minds her own business. She’s somewhere around like 10yrs old if not more. From what I know she never bitten a dog or human. She’s very friendly. In the morning she greets you with the “howling of a wolf”. When she wants to eat or go outside she comes up to you, stares at you n she starts howling. Only one thing if she’s sleeping and a dog goes up to her face to smell her, she does a little 2 second growl at them as a warning to leave her alone cause she’s sleeping. Nyala n Duke doesn’t even bother her, they just walk around her as they know she won’t play.

From what I understand we tend to say “half wolf”. But according to research, 70% of these “wolfdogs” have no wolf in them whatsoever. Seems no one can tell. And for the ones that really do have wolf in them, you cannot treat them like an ordinary dog as they have more of wilderness in them. Yes you’re right about the vaccines. There is none for a real wolf or wolfdog. What ppl do is simply tell the vets their dog’s a malamute. It’s just another breed on it’s own. Something I wouldn’t bother buying or toy around with Mother Nature.

6. Likes Dollys Owner liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Nyala: Duke, lets keep an eye on her....

Mom: Hmmmmmm

Mom:. Hey, you 2, whatcha doing???

Duke:. Nyala, I think we got caught!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

8. Likes sisters3, Annie1991 liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

WOW... what a crew! ... did you and the house survive the weekend!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

10. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Yes I’m still breathing lol... but I know in March they are going on vacation again for their honeymoon... pfffft

FAT chance I’ll be sitting again!!!! Anyway as of February I’m back full force in the kitchen... my excuse! Lol

12. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

well this was a fun read I occasionally baby sit my kidos pug and she's such a sweetie and Hank and Josie and her all do just great but......... that third wheel (much less your extra three!!) sure puts a whole different level of having a pack. and a watchful eye out! I just couldnt bear anything happening while on my watch. Glad your done for this round and good luck saying no to the next lol

14. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

oh my. Duke looks serious, like you guys behave. Have my eyes on you.
    Hug your bully today

16. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Yes I’m still breathing lol... but I know in March they are going on vacation again for their honeymoon... pfffft

FAT chance I’ll be sitting again!!!! Anyway as of February I’m back full force in the kitchen... my excuse! Lol
    I wonder if Tawney needs babysitting? Her and Nyala would get along great !!! http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...9-resting.html

18. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    I wonder if Tawney needs babysitting? Her and Nyala would get along great !!! http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...9-resting.html
    I know... You can’t beat Nyala’s grinch face as @Manydogs put it n @harveyspecter hilarious comment on Nyala ‘s expression. And yes Tawny is another one. Actually, there is another one but I can’t remember the name. More on Duke’s colours...

20. Likes Dollys Owner, Manydogs liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads