helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I canā€™t find the original thread where we talked about this so Iā€™ll just post this article here cause I immediately thought of you and [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]. Sorry for the hijack.

https://iheartdogs.com/why-its-impo...s_IA&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=FB_Pages_IA
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell, hijack anytime if itā€™s my thread. Iā€™m not like that.. :)

I like this part when they say.....

The effort it takes to sort and identify individual elements of an odor requires a lot of work. Itā€™s a little like us trying to solve a tough logic problemā€”the required mental energy is tiring.ā€

Solve a problem? Metal energy is tiring? Holy ā€œSh*tā€ What about us owner owning an EB? Eh eh eh? I know My Metal Energy is burnt out!!! Hahaha

Ok seriously..... I donā€™t believe in that article. I would never leave/left any of my dogs stop n smell. Thatā€™s how the get diseases. I like that site but like any site, take some n leave some. I personally in this situation opt for the ā€œleave someā€. Hereā€™s another site that will say differently....

https://www.petcoach.co/article/dog-diseases-spread-through-the-stool-feces/

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Hell, hijack anytime if itā€™s my thread. Iā€™m not like that.. :)

I like this part when they say.....

The effort it takes to sort and identify individual elements of an odor requires a lot of work. Itā€™s a little like us trying to solve a tough logic problemā€”the required mental energy is tiring.ā€

Solve a problem? Metal energy is tiring? Holy ā€œSh*tā€ What about us owner owning an EB? Eh eh eh? I know My Metal Energy is burnt out!!! Hahaha

Ok seriously..... I donā€™t believe in that article. I would never leave/left any of my dogs stop n smell. Thatā€™s how the get diseases. I like that site but like any site, take some n leave some. I personally in this situation opt for the ā€œleave someā€. Hereā€™s another site that will say differently....

https://www.petcoach.co/article/dog-diseases-spread-through-the-stool-feces/

Is that why Iā€™ve been tired ever since Louie came home? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The first sentence in your article says roll in it and I can say Jax has done that! It was before Louie and we were taking Jax on a walk and Anthony was holding the leash and was a couple steps in front of me. I knew right away what he was about to do...the death roll...right in a fresh pile of it! So of course Iā€™m pissed that someone didnā€™t pick up after their dog and then I was annoyed that Anthony wasnā€™t paying attention and let him do it. So he had fresh sh*t all over his neck and collar until we got home and then he got hosed down and a bath. Ugh!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is that why Iā€™ve been tired ever since Louie came home? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The first sentence in your article says roll in it and I can say Jax has done that! It was before Louie and we were taking Jax on a walk and Anthony was holding the leash and was a couple steps in front of me. I knew right away what he was about to do...the death roll...right in a fresh pile of it! So of course Iā€™m pissed that someone didnā€™t pick up after their dog and then I was annoyed that Anthony wasnā€™t paying attention and let him do it. So he had fresh sh*t all over his neck and collar until we got home and then he got hosed down and a bath. Ugh!!

LOL... $hithead!!! Lol

Iā€™ll allow them to sniff here and there, like I said it is for exercise, I just donā€™t allow potty... they gone in our yard before we leave so not to pee/poo on anyone elseā€™s grass

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
LOL... $hithead!!! Lol

Iā€™ll allow them to sniff here and there, like I said it is for exercise, I just donā€™t allow potty... they gone in our yard before we leave so not to pee/poo on anyone elseā€™s grass

Years ago Jax went with us to my brother's house and he has ducks and Jax would always roll around in the duck poop :facepalm2:

Louie HAS to poop on a walk. He can't NOT do it lol.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Years ago Jax went with us to my brother's house and he has ducks and Jax would always roll around in the duck poop :facepalm2:

Louie HAS to poop on a walk. He can't NOT do it lol.

LOL... you have two $hitheads! [emoji23][emoji23]

Lambeau and Cheli really just want to see people.. that is all they care about when on walk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I think we all have 2 ā€œ$hitheads!ā€

I simply do my best like always walk them towards the street side. If they do come across poop sitting there Iā€™ll yank them a bit but you donā€™t get to see everything either while walking. Back many many moods ago my Doberman was invested of worms, eggs and more....took weeks to get him back on track. He wood run freely in this little area with tall grass. Pffft that was my wake up call. Never again any of my dogs ran freely if itā€™s not an area Iā€™ve scanned lol. Even if poop is picked up most likely thereā€™s eggs sitting in the same spot if that pooping dog had worms. Like Russian Roulette....

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I think we all have 2 ā€œ$hitheads!ā€

I simply do my best like always walk them towards the street side. If they do come across poop sitting there Iā€™ll yank them a bit but you donā€™t get to see everything either while walking. Back many many moods ago my Doberman was invested of worms, eggs and more....took weeks to get him back on track. He wood run freely in this little area with tall grass. Pffft that was my wake up call. Never again any of my dogs ran freely if itā€™s not an area Iā€™ve scanned lol. Even if poop is picked up most likely thereā€™s eggs sitting in the same spot if that pooping dog had worms. Like Russian Roulette....

If I see poop laying on the ground, I always pull my two away from it. It's so infuriating that people don't pick up after their dogs.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke is stunning! Handsome! Helene you lucky to have him!

Define luck when you own Duke! Lolll
Yes heā€™s a handful but a great dog to have. Heā€™s just a happy dog.....both are.
Thank you!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.