Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Took the boys to Petsmart yesterday to see Santa. One good picture taken by the store. The other pictures you’ll see Jax intently staring. There was someone off to the side with a cat that he fixated on.

e082b34c4554c63eb8f3e8cce059f5b2.jpg

43eecb6c61c8ff083b7ad9bd88ae73ec.jpg

374064949b9e9c0e8f1d4461760e71f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lol... cat, I see a cat!!!!

Top shot is great!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh so cute! Bullies look cool and your girl is so pretty!

Just the bullies are mine! [emoji23][emoji23]

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Love the first one. I see a pinch collar.

You gotta stay on your toes with this guy! He generally is actually well behaved in public BUT Jax can easily trigger him. If Jax gets excited and jumps around, then that will set Louie off so I gotta be prepared. He still gets over stimulated and gets high on adrenaline when people come to the house so he has to have it on. Sometimes he has to have a remote collar as well to stop him from lunging. However, after about 15 minutes or so it can come off.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You gotta stay on your toes with this guy! He generally is actually well behaved in public BUT Jax can easily trigger him. If Jax gets excited and jumps around, then that will set Louie off so I gotta be prepared. He still gets over stimulated and gets high on adrenaline when people come to the house so he has to have it on. Sometimes he has to have a remote collar as well to stop him from lunging. However, after about 15 minutes or so it can come off.

Lambeau is exactly the same.... we now have a new knickname for Cheli... “$hit-stirrer’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lambeau is exactly the same.... we now have a new knickname for Cheli... “$hit-stirrer’.

These Frenchies!! When we know someone is coming over, we will put Jax in his crate until Louie calms down. I actually just got an idea. I wonder if Louie would be calmer if Jax wasn't even in the room when people first walk through the door. Might have to test that one out and have Anthony bring Jax upstairs. Hmmmm....

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
These Frenchies!! When we know someone is coming over, we will put Jax in his crate until Louie calms down. I actually just got an idea. I wonder if Louie would be calmer if Jax wasn't even in the room when people first walk through the door. Might have to test that one out and have Anthony bring Jax upstairs. Hmmmm....

YEP!! We find Lambeau feeds off Cheli and vice versa.... so we do that when a new person is arriving

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
YEP!! We find Lambeau feeds off Cheli and vice versa.... so we do that when a new person is arriving

Will definitely try it out to see what happens. I think Louie will still get excited but maybe it won't be as intense. It's so weird cause Louie is a perfect gentleman when out and about but when it comes to the house, he gets CRAZY.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

My GS had a pinch collar only for his walk. But Major had an extremely thick coat n skin/chest. He did have his regular choker on on regular basis. This is just a suggestion, I personally wouldn’t put on an EB a pinch collar cause of their breathing/throat/neck issues. Yes they do have an extremely solid neck but you need just that one time that we yank the wrong way. Why I use only a regular choker on Duke for his walks. All Chokers need to be positioned under the chin/jawline and not around the neck. Why a regular choker does the same job. Pinch collars are for aggressive dogs which is not in our case. Just a thought. :)

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
My GS had a pinch collar only for his walk. But Major had an extremely thick coat n skin/chest. He did have his regular choker on on regular basis. This is just a suggestion, I personally wouldn’t put on an EB a pinch collar cause of their breathing/throat/neck issues. Yes they do have an extremely solid neck but you need just that one time that we yank the wrong way. Why I use only a regular choker on Duke for his walks. All Chokers need to be positioned under the chin/jawline and not around the neck. Why a regular choker does the same job. Pinch collars are for aggressive dogs which is not in our case. Just a thought. :)

I had talked to the trainer about that as that was my concern. She said as long as it's positioned and used correctly, it will be safe to use. When in use, I always make sure it is in the correct position. This is why the kids are not allowed to use it and can't have anyone come over unless I am home. Unfortunately, a regular choker is not enough for him when people come over. He actually has nipped people out of excitement. There are some times when people come over and the pinch isn't even enough to control him which is why he has to have the remote collar and the pinch on together. Once he calms down, both collars are able to come off and he is back to a normal dog.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online