New Julius K-9 Harness

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Ollieā€™s new harness arrived this morning. He absolutely hates it. He keeps hiding. Heā€™s panting like crazy. Evidently, Iā€™m more stubborn than a bull dog cause I got it on him. He was bucking like a rodeo bronco. He fell asleep now wearing it. We shall see...
d690ccbb509de52d833b9d69c5727ce0.jpg

371191d283102f0ca1aefc056010356e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
He absolutely hates it....lollll cute... what size did you get n how much does Oillie weighs? Will give me an idea for Duke. Love then harness.

Duke when he sees you bend down to grab the leash out of their bucket, he does exactly what Ollie does but opposite. He gets so excited to go out for his walk.

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Helene,
Ollie weighs 55lbs and I got him a size 2. Thereā€™s room for him to grow. His chest is 14ā€ across and his girth is 31ā€.
We just took a very short walk (95F) here and he trotted happily along. I think this is a keeper.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Helene,
Ollie weighs 55lbs and I got him a size 2. Thereā€™s room for him to grow. His chest is 14ā€ across and his girth is 31ā€.
We just took a very short walk (95F) here and he trotted happily along. I think this is a keeper.

Ok thanks... 95? Crap itā€™s snowing here lol.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
He is such a great looking dog! Just love his sweetness too :) Hank is good with his Julius and has two different ones. Only thing i've found is to not let hair accumulate as my whoosie boy doesnt like it poking him ;/

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
UPDATE DAY 2

HARNESS UPDATE:
It was a cool 78F degrees at 8:00AM so we ventured out. The process begins with removing Ollie's fence collar and putting on the harness. This harness is so easy to put on. It simply slips over his head and the girth strap just snaps closed. No fussing at all from Ollie because after the one time yesterday, he gets it that the harness means "walkies". As I've stated, Ollie is easy to walk. He's even easier now. He just ambles at along with the leash clipped on the big back D ring. Every once in a while, he gets stubborn and wants to stop and smell. We don't stroll, we really walk. I have Ollie on a 4 ft leash and I set the pace. We don't stop much. He's outside on our property whenever he wants wandering around all day. His walks are purely for weight control and exercise, not doing his business. I have very bad neuropathy in my hands. They are very weak and Ollie is very strong. This morning he tried a stop maneuver and I simply kept walking with the leash across the front of my body and Ollie had no choice but to follow. It was so simple. The only issue we had at the beginning of our walk is that the trash cans were out up and down the street. OOOOhhhhhh...too scary for sure...Again, I just kept walking with the leash cross body. He got over it..He's such a wuss.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UPDATE DAY 2

HARNESS UPDATE:
It was a cool 78F degrees at 8:00AM so we ventured out. The process begins with removing Ollie's fence collar and putting on the harness. This harness is so easy to put on. It simply slips over his head and the girth strap just snaps closed. No fussing at all from Ollie because after the one time yesterday, he gets it that the harness means "walkies". As I've stated, Ollie is easy to walk. He's even easier now. He just ambles at along with the leash clipped on the big back D ring. Every once in a while, he gets stubborn and wants to stop and smell. We don't stroll, we really walk. I have Ollie on a 4 ft leash and I set the pace. We don't stop much. He's outside on our property whenever he wants wandering around all day. His walks are purely for weight control and exercise, not doing his business. I have very bad neuropathy in my hands. They are very weak and Ollie is very strong. This morning he tried a stop maneuver and I simply kept walking with the leash across the front of my body and Ollie had no choice but to follow. It was so simple. The only issue we had at the beginning of our walk is that the trash cans were out up and down the street. OOOOhhhhhh...too scary for sure...Again, I just kept walking with the leash cross body. He got over it..He's such a wuss.

I love it! The harness looks great and I love your tenacity with him!! i too... walks are for exercise, not stopping!

Members online

No members online now.