Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Reunited and it feels so good...Jax has been paroled!

7db3631925a26b5c1eb56253bda19262.jpg

This one is just because they’re so cute

a454f9b3c1a001fcd92a17f28ee6bd1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww... such sweet boys!!! Hopefully this will be the end of all the surgeries!!!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
is that ever a beautiful site. He looks like he even missed his Louie bud. so, how do you feel? are you nervous? Does he still need to be under control for over exert for a bit?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ahhh partners in crime are back on track! Look at the butt to butt photo! Like mentioned, how is Jax ??

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nervous is not even the word!! The two of them were playing last night and I was cringing. The neuro said if they start to get too rough then to break them up. Jax feels great which is wonderful but he just doesn't understand there are things he shouldn't do which makes it so hard. After the first surgery last year, we have been carrying him up and down the stairs which will help but the jumping on and off the couches is just so bad for him. We need to try to get him to use the little steps even more than he does now.

Unfortunately there is no way to fix this disease and the odds of another disc herniating is likely to happen, it's just a matter of when. So we just gotta do what we can to prolong it.

The vet did say I could add in a glucosamine/chondroitin supplement to hopefully reduce the chance of him developing
osteoarthritis in his joints that could further compromise his mobility as he ages. [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]...what do you think would be good...liquid glucosamine? Right now his supplements are just the CBD oil and green lipped mussel powder.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nervous is not even the word!! The two of them were playing last night and I was cringing. The neuro said if they start to get too rough then to break them up. Jax feels great which is wonderful but he just doesn't understand there are things he shouldn't do which makes it so hard. After the first surgery last year, we have been carrying him up and down the stairs which will help but the jumping on and off the couches is just so bad for him. We need to try to get him to use the little steps even more than he does now.

Unfortunately there is no way to fix this disease and the odds of another disc herniating is likely to happen, it's just a matter of when. So we just gotta do what we can to prolong it.

The vet did say I could add in a glucosamine/chondroitin supplement to hopefully reduce the chance of him developing
osteoarthritis in his joints that could further compromise his mobility as he ages. [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]...what do you think would be good...liquid glucosamine? Right now his supplements are just the CBD oil and green lipped mussel powder.

Would be the one at Costco the liquid one. One tablespoon per day. A body will absorbs liquid 100% as tablets or powders a lot of ppl don’t know you’ll lose a good 50% of absorption as it’s too long to digest. I personally would go with that one hands down before any tablet or powder especially in Jax’s case. Put everything on his side like keep him on 100% raw, raw marrow bones, homemade broth!! These are ALL minerals that will get him back on track. Do some little walks with Jax and Louie longer one to tired them down. I would also add devils claws to the diet. Drop form. (Not for cats) .

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/herbs-for-canine-joint-care/

D4DC7010-CBB4-4B78-9F2F-97D69398A795.jpeg

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Would be the one at Costco the liquid one. One tablespoon per day. A body will absorbs liquid 100% as tablets or powders a lot of ppl don’t know you’ll lose a good 50% of absorption as it’s too long to digest. I personally would go with that one hands down before any tablet or powder especially in Jax’s case. Put everything on his side like keep him on 100% raw, raw marrow bones, homemade broth!! These are ALL minerals that will get him back on track. Do some little walks with Jax and Louie longer one to tired them down. I would also add devils claws to the diet. Drop form. (Not for cats) .

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/herbs-for-canine-joint-care/

View attachment 113473

And I was just at Costco on Saturday...argh. But I just ordered it online with no additional shipping charge as it will get to me quicker than waiting for the next time I can get to Costco. I should probably take some myself. I did some weeding and yard work this weekend and my whole body aches...lol. The vet that does Jax's acupuncture mentioned some Chinese herb mixtures, he goes for his next session on Saturday so maybe I will inquire as to what herbs they are. Where can I get devil's claws?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I was a fool to ever leave your side
Me minus you is such a lonely ride
The breakup we had has made me lonesome and sad
I realize I love you 'cause I want you bad, hey, hey
I spent the evening with the radio
Regret the moment that I let you go
Our quarrel was such a way of learnin' so much
I know now that I love you 'cause I need your touch, hey, hey
Reunited, and it feels so good
Reunited 'cause we understood
There's one perfect fit
And, sugar, this one is it
We both are so excited 'cause we're reunited, hey, hey I guess you must have heard Jax singing this morning! He looks so happy-and was sure happy to sleep
with his pal! I know it will be hard for you to not be on "pins and needles" every time he runs and jumps!
Sending good thoughts for all!:pray:

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I was a fool to ever leave your side
Me minus you is such a lonely ride
The breakup we had has made me lonesome and sad
I realize I love you 'cause I want you bad, hey, hey
I spent the evening with the radio
Regret the moment that I let you go
Our quarrel was such a way of learnin' so much
I know now that I love you 'cause I need your touch, hey, hey
Reunited, and it feels so good
Reunited 'cause we understood
There's one perfect fit
And, sugar, this one is it
We both are so excited 'cause we're reunited, hey, hey I guess you must have heard Jax singing this morning! He looks so happy-and was sure happy to sleep
with his pal! I know it will be hard for you to not be on "pins and needles" every time he runs and jumps!
Sending good thoughts for all!:pray:

He is definitely one happy boy! And yes, will always be on pins and needles but what's a dog if they can't be a dog? So we will do our best to protect him and that's all we can do.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
And I was just at Costco on Saturday...argh. But I just ordered it online with no additional shipping charge as it will get to me quicker than waiting for the next time I can get to Costco. I should probably take some myself. I did some weeding and yard work this weekend and my whole body aches...lol. The vet that does Jax's acupuncture mentioned some Chinese herb mixtures, he goes for his next session on Saturday so maybe I will inquire as to what herbs they are. Where can I get devil's claws?

Check out the link I posted as there are some Chinese herbs in there. It will give you a good insight before asking questions. Oops devil claws anywhere online. I’ll check it out

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG.... love this picture!!!

f1a4cba0-8cee-4528-a1e9-1d9f3ad74755

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.