I love My New Bed

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So, Obie got a new bed last night for christmas, along with some new chew toys. I guess he decided it was ALSO a chew toy.
d43cea98ae1279bb8ad0c9a3ce8af7c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

he made it snow in his crate!!! LOL .... what a beautiful face :heart:

manecya

Jul 10, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Hello everyone!
Looks like Obie enjoyed his own snow decoration lol!
My Henry will be 8 months soon and he's outgrowing his crate so I too have been looking for a new bed. More importantly, I have been wondering up to what age is it recommendable to crate them, assuming potty training is no longer an issue? I cant seem to find this info anywhere! I would like to get him a comfy, sturdy foam bed where he can stretch and get rid of the crate but I get a feeling he does like the roof on top... its his shelter, his "den"! Thoughts? Where do your adult bullies sleep?
Thank you in advance for your wise advise as always :) - also can anyone tell me how to tag people here lol?

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Hello everyone!
My Henry will be 8 months soon and he's outgrowing his crate so I too have been looking for a new bed. More importantly, I have been wondering up to what age is it recommendable to crate them, assuming potty training is no longer an issue? I cant seem to find this info anywhere! I would like to get him a comfy, sturdy foam bed where he can stretch and get rid of the crate but I get a feeling he does like the roof on top... its his shelter, his "den"! Thoughts? Where do your adult bullies sleep?
Thank you in advance for your wise advise as always :) - also can anyone tell me how to tag people here lol?

Bella is 13 months old now and potty trained. (Well as long as we see her go to the back door Nyway)
She sleeps in her crate only when we are not at home as I don't trust her not to get into things. Lol
She has always slept in my bed at night (she was never crated overnight)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Hello everyone!

Louie is 10 months old and sleeps in his crate at night in our room and is crated during the day when no one is home as I just don't trust him. We tried having him sleep in the bed with us at night but he gets ants in his pants and can't be still and one night he got up and walked right off the bed (which is fairly high). So for now, we are keeping him crated at night.

To tag someone, use the @ symbol followed by their screen name: [MENTION=17356]manecya[/MENTION].

manecya

Jul 10, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Thank you so much [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION], I guess like a lot of things with these guys.... it will ultimately be up to him lol! He does have a small "gated" area around his crate so I will try putting a foam bed there next to his crate (or maybe inside?) and see how he likes it!

SmashAttack

Aug 10, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
Oh my goodness! Someone's been busy. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmashAttack

Aug 10, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
Ok, I had already commented. He just looks so cute when he's bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Thank you so much [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION], I guess like a lot of things with these guys.... it will ultimately be up to him lol! He does have a small "gated" area around his crate so I will try putting a foam bed there next to his crate (or maybe inside?) and see how he likes it!

One thing I'll add...Louie does not get a bed of any kind when he is home alone. Only at night when he is sleeping. If a bed is left alone with him, all he does is destroy them.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hello everyone!

Hi there! With some very, very close and constant training I started Joey out of the crate at 7 months old. She was already fully house broken and was only going to her crate when I was gone. I work from home so I think that is a GREAT BIG advantage. I also equipped my home with pet cameras for her training. She will be 3 years old May 31st and has had run of the house since about 10 or 11 months old....AGAIN with very, very close supervision and training. She has a set of steps and sleeps on our bed. I hope that this helps. You can message me or post here if you want to hear the steps taken during her "training out of the crate" routine.

This is a photo from the camera, this is her constant spot when I leave the house. The date on the photo, upper left corner is correct, she was not yet a year old, BUT I always had my eye on her just in case.

Image-1 (2).jpg

OP
ObietheWan

ObietheWan

Mar 25, 2017
Kansas City
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Obie
So many great responses. Obie feels all the love.

As far as my kenneling, my routine is the same as others. Kenneled when there's nk supervision or bedtime. He does not wine about it, its his home. In fact, its his escape when he is given a chewy treat to gnaw on.

Otherwise, you end up buying 300$ work boots and waking up to them both in his kennel with a giant hole in the back of them where there was once leather.

Sigh... this is my first "child", and boy are we learning.

He gets so much love when we take him out, doesn't have the slightest bit of aggression toward anyone, if anything he gets too damn excited and cannot contain that little fat ball of energy he has. I have never been around a dog that tries to jump up on peoples legs with his mouth wide open and entire butt shaking. His personality is very love/hate, always wired. The excitement when I get home and let him out has died down some, and he generally just relaxes or plays with our kitten who is his best friend (they're little hellions, to the point when the christmas tree was up, Rudy would knock ornaments off of it so Obe's could munch on them.)

OP
ObietheWan

ObietheWan

Mar 25, 2017
Kansas City
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Obie
Christmas was also entertaining; my entire family was together for the first time in 10 years or so.

Obe's was a little wild for everyone. My uncle has a 2 year old English Mastiff he would not stop licking in his private area or trying to mount... can you say shooting for the stars? Haha.

My parents have a 7 month old, and he was extremely drawn to him for some reason. All he wanted to do was play with the baby when he was around.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Christmas was also entertaining; my entire family was together for the first time in 10 years or so.

Obe's was a little wild for everyone. My uncle has a 2 year old English Mastiff he would not stop licking in his private area or trying to mount... can you say shooting for the stars? Haha.

My parents have a 7 month old, and he was extremely drawn to him for some reason. All he wanted to do was play with the baby when he was around.

I LOVE hearing about families getting together and all of their fur kids. Isn't wonderful NOT being the only one with a pup? Everyone can join in the Christmas FUN !!!

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
yes, K9Ballistics bed..............THE ONLY one that hasn't "blown-up"

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.