Ollie’s Best Friends

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
The dog was created especially for children. He is the god of frolic.

Henry Ward Beecher
US abolitionist & clergyman (1813 - 1887)

36677755b415cb2066a361fda42beb2b.jpg

f8df3c597d6ea257a76082f99cb77c41.jpg

ee7bb859b92e69fa5bfd6a29d0aadf10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
these pictures are wonderful. what a great boy you have, and him with those precious babies, couldnt be more beautiful :)

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
these pictures are wonderful. what a great boy you have, and him with those precious babies, couldnt be more beautiful :)

The boys names are Cormack and Kian. They’re two little Irish boys. It’s the same with Ollie as it was with my beloved Daphne, if we ever cant find the dog, we know he’s playing and lizard hunting with the boys next door. This is why we refuse to live in a 55+ community. What would life be without young people full of life and optimism and their children? They are our hope and promise for the future.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
The boys names are Cormack and Kian. They’re two little Irish boys. It’s the same with Ollie as it was with my beloved Daphne, if we ever cant find the dog, we know he’s playing and lizard hunting with the boys next door. This is why we refuse to live in a 55+ community. What would life be without young people full of life and optimism and their children? They are our hope and promise for the future.

And this is beautiful as well :) Your words/heat are very true and just look at the happiness each is bringing to each. I love it soooooooooooo much.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Three beautiful boys! Those pictures should be sent in to a magazine. It is so nice that Ollie has friends to play with! My dogs would love it, but they would be rowdy, as they get so excited! Ollie has good manners,Mom.

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Three beautiful boys! Those pictures should be sent in to a magazine. It is so nice that Ollie has friends to play with! My dogs would love it, but they would be rowdy, as they get so excited! Ollie has good manners,Mom.

Ollie is too lazy to be ill-mannered. That would require effort.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

WELL SAID lovely lady!!!! Community is so not for everyone and I sure wouldn't want that style of living. After working with teens I sure can tell you I miss some of them. On rare days you want to rip your hair out but most days you just have great laughs with them. Kids are our future...we need them n they need us.

Love your photos! Beautiful children and Ollie is so calm. Geez...Duke would be all over that child lol.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank

Using the opportunity I would like to share with you my surprise that in the USA there is so many communities for 55+. It is definitely not so popular in Europe, people would be even kinda offended if someone says that at 55+ you need some special community...may be, new hubby or wife, but 55+ community...for sure there are places of that sort, but mostly it’s for assisted living, not for healthy 55+ individuals, usually people will go there if someone needs special help (if they have Alzheimer’s or other disabilities etc), may be after 75-80, but not average 55+. It is quite popular in South Africa, because of crime rates, elder people like to stay in gated communities, but, again, after 75 yo mostly, when you no longer rely on your Colt and your reaction:D
I thought about different reasons like may be it is not easy to find a small house in a nice area, as nice area means usually bigger houses.
Can you share with me your considerations, why is it this way in America?
p.S I understand of course, the advantages, like same interests, same stage of life without crazy parties, respect to your neighbors etc.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG.... that last photo is priceless!! ❤️❤️

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Using the opportunity I would like to share with you my surprise that in the USA there is so many communities for 55+. It is definitely not so popular in Europe, people would be even kinda offended if someone says that at 55+ you need some special community...may be, new hubby or wife, but 55+ community...for sure there are places of that sort, but mostly it’s for assisted living, not for healthy 55+ individuals, usually people will go there if someone needs special help (if they have Alzheimer’s or other disabilities etc), may be after 75-80, but not average 55+. It is quite popular in South Africa, because of crime rates, elder people like to stay in gated communities, but, again, after 75 yo mostly, when you no longer rely on your Colt and your reaction:D
I thought about different reasons like may be it is not easy to find a small house in a nice area, as nice area means usually bigger houses.
Can you share with me your considerations, why is it this way in America?
p.S I understand of course, the advantages, like same interests, same stage of life without crazy parties, respect to your neighbors etc.

It is mainly, my understanding, exactly what you stated--- like interest, no parties, all exterior maintenance is included in association fees.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.