B-O-G-E-Y Birthday!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
20160305_081843.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHello everyone! A blast from the past here, Bogey has turned 5! Our lives have taken so many twists and turns (all good!) but I wanted to stop by and say hello to some old friends! Many new faces here, and love seeing pics of our familiar faces too! Bogey is well and thriving, the happiest he has ever been. He lives with my son and his girlfriend (whom Bogey loves as much as my son does!) about 40 minutes from us. We "kidnap" him often and just love the "man" he has become. As some of you know, we bought an RV 3 years ago and went full time. Bogey hated every single second of it. He was stressed, ill, and even ended up in the hospital at one point. My son came and got him, and the rest is history. Our intention was to take him back, but when we returned, but I had to admit how happy Bogey was and the bonus was that my son, who suffered from PTSD from Afghanistan, was a different person! Bogey had helped him as much as he helped Bogey. Then enter Katy, (son's GF) and it was love at first sight. It was the hardest decision I have ever made, but there was no way I was going to upheave his life again, nor take him from my son who was so attached! As much as we miss him, my heart swells when I see them all together. It's a win-win for all of us! He is the best! Our RV days are over, and we are settled in a new home, so when Bogey visits, he is assured the walls won't move in nor the house will not roll! Believe it or not, when we sold the RV, it was to a couple with a BULLDOG! Yep, but a braver one than Bogey!!:yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi Mary!!'

Happy birthday Bogey!! You are as gorgeous ever!! So happy gor all of you and wishing continued happiness.

Keep those updates and pictures coming--- wonderful story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Happy birthday Bogey...he is gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
What a wonderful heart warming story. Thank you for sharing Mary! Nothing better than a dog for PTSD. As mothers we will do anything for our children especially if they are ill. Hard but best decision you made for your son n Bogey.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!
:birthday6::balloons::birthday6::balloons: :birthday5:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Mary, it's SO good to see you back here on EBN!!!

I just LOVE your story, and as hard as this was for you... it seems like a perfect situation for Bogey and your son. I'm SO happy to hear that things are working out for both of them...

Happy 5th Birthday Bogey... I hope you had a wonderful day w/your family :drawheart:

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
What a great story with a wonderful ending... How beautiful. Thank your son for his service, and thank Bogie for his help to him :) Wonderful to see you, and mabie,, mabie???? you'll be back with another one to share sometime ;)

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Happy Birthday Bogey and great story about Bogey and your son. I am glad Bogey is helping your son to get some relief of PTSD and thank him for his service. :usa:

Shredda

Oct 20, 2017
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Shredda
HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY Bogey from me and my mum!!! It sounds like you have such a fun, loving family. I hope you have a great birthday.

90E9A779-EE8A-4B66-8331-DE6AE7CDD1E6.jpeg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Happy Birthday, Bogie!! :heart::snoopy: [MENTION=7064]mer55[/MENTION] Things have worked out well and happy for all! Who knew? it was meant to be-just what your son needed,and everyone is happy!! Bogey, you look mahvelous!! Great to see you,and hope you all had a great day!!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Happy Birthday Handsome Bogey!!! So happy to see your post and to hear about your son. I remember when you went RV full time! Seems like so long ago.......

Make me smile thinking of your son getting comfort for his PTSD from Bogey, really special!! You sound very happy too....and that is a real blessing!

Hope you keep posting updates, our best and GREAT THANKS to your son for his service !!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.