Another feeding question..

Snoboardchk911

Feb 16, 2017
Pennsylvania
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Bentley
Hey guys! Iā€™m feeding Diesel 1 1/2 cups twice a day of Fromm, rotating the flavors about once a month. Heā€™s not on the puppy food anymore. He seems thin to me.. I see pictures of other dogs around his age and they look so much heavier!! What do you guys think?? Oh heā€™s 9 months old now.
46437f7e103322f6ffe7445320cb4a8c.jpg
3dcaa0c3eb937b7a34666f8c28bbe6b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Snoboardchk911

Snoboardchk911

Feb 16, 2017
Pennsylvania
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Bentley
Sorry I meant to post this to the feeding/nutrition page.

BullyBoston

Jan 14, 2016
Boston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo
He is perfect!! How much does he weigh?? I don't recall how much my baby weighed at 9 months but he is now 2 years old and weighs 55 lbs. He's short and stout.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
Snoboardchk911

Snoboardchk911

Feb 16, 2017
Pennsylvania
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Bentley
He is perfect!! How much does he weigh?? I don't recall how much my baby weighed at 9 months but he is now 2 years old and weighs 55 lbs. He's short and stout.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Heā€™s about 38lbs..

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
He looks just right to me. Younger dogs can carry a little more weight but as they age that extra weight is hard on them. Always best to keep them just right.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
My guy is almost 8 months old and weighs 44.7 pounds. I always think he looks to skinny but my vet said heā€™s fine. I think they are all just built differently.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
he looks great.... keep in mind a LOT of people think bulldogs are suppose to be fat and they should NOT be. stay the course you are on... he is looking great

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with others, he looks perfect. My guys are 45 and 48 lbs. my female Blossom is the bigger one, and my vet says she needs to lose a few lbs. I don't think so, because she has a well defined waist, and she's very active, she loves to walk a lot. She does tend to put on 2 or 3 lbs in the winter when she's less active, but she loses it in the spring and summer when she walks more.

The rule of thumb to determine if your bully is a good weight is to stand in front of your bully, and look at them from on top, you should be able to see a well defined waist, and when you feel their sides, you should be able to feel their ribs, but not see them.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
He looks looks perfect to me! :)
(no bully expert in anyway! Lol) I just love them!
I always thought my Bella looked thin but she is as solid as a rock (hubby calls her the bull dozer) she is, I think anyway, kind of a little taller and a little lanky. She is just over 10 months and weighs 50 lbs.

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
He looks great to me! when i read these posts i think we have a monster in the house:) Dudley is coming up to 3 years old and he's 72lb, he's not fat but everyone who first see him says " He's a big lad" :Dudley5.jpg

Members online

No members online now.