Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Glad it wasn't something worse. Thought after the first few sentences there was something worse to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey guys,
I know it's been a while since I posted. And it saddens me to come back with bad news. But this past Sunday, I had to rush Obie to the ER. My girlfriend had come home, and as I was sitting at my desk she informed me that Obies face was swollen. Immediately I panicked. Under his right ear there was a huge swollen lump, with what felt like a sack of fluid below it in his loose neck skin. The vet at the emergency clinic said it was most likely a clogged salivary gland, and gave me antibiotics in hopes of reducing the swelling. Three days later, it had only progressively gotten worse, so I took him to my primary veterinarian to have him look at it. As soon as he saw him on the table, and felt the swollen but hard lump on his face, he knew what it was (and proceeded to demonstrate what it was, by jabbing a syringe into it and pulling out a vial of puss and blood.) It was an abscess. So, Obie saw his first time under the knife as they lanced it open and drained it for two days. I got obie back Saturday morning, he is back to his energetic happy self, but I am now tasked with draining this wound twice a day and giving him an antibiotic. YUCK. Here's a couple pictures of our venture. View attachment 108393
View attachment 108394

Oh my goodness... sending lots of positive healing thoughts to this sweet little guy! he has gotten so big -- give him hugs from us.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.