The Smell is so strong

SiuMai

Sep 1, 2017
Country
Hong Kong
Bulldog(s) Names
SiuMai
Confession- after 18 days with a Eng bully, living room n me smells like her. Have to take a shower every night b4 I go to bed else my hubby will think he sleeping with a dog ! Lol

My knitted shawl cum floor mat is now hers......
9886ff7ae88c407de7e099674b054af8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
If your girl stinks then she needs bathing or there is something medically wrong.
Of course if she's peeing on her bedding and it's the urine that you are smelling then that falls back on you and hubby. She needs more frequent potty breaks and that includes during the night. Is she kenneled? How old? How often does she go out for potty?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Ya know, there was a time where I didn't understand the smell hank had. It seemed a strong musk or something and was so strange as smelling his body I didn't smell it. And, it didn't smell like pee or anything familiar. I think that it ended up that he was peeing on his leg as he was just starting to lift it but was missing the target. I don't know why it didn't smell like pee, but I do think that's what it was.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I remember Nyala always smelling. Had no clue why as she was/is well feed, spa once a month, vet checked her out and nothing. She called it a bully smell lol. It stopped as she got older. Duke never smells. Well except now as he smells NuStock!I do have to wash all their bedding weekly.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Someone actually asked me how often I bath my pups because they say they don't smell! Well we hardly ever bath them unless they get into mud. Somehow they just don't smell. Granted they do use the pool but really don't get completely wet unless we are in it, it's mostly just their front legs and a little of their chest. Where as we used to have a Gs that did have an odor of a wet dog. Oh and my daughters rotty does have an odor though. I don't know what word to use to describe it but she smells! Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Can you give more details in the smell... is it urine, poo or wet dog .. sometimes if food doesn't agree with them it could cause odor(not farts) but a puppy is usually just dirty [emoji16]

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Someone actually asked me how often I bath my pups because they say they don't smell! Well we hardly ever bath them unless they get into mud. Somehow they just don't smell. Granted they do use the pool but really don't get completely wet unless we are in it, it's mostly just their front legs and a little of their chest. Where as we used to have a Gs that did have an odor of a wet dog. Oh and my daughters rotty does have an odor though. I don't know what word to use to describe it but she smells! Lol

Chlorine in your pool will sure keep smells at bay.

DAmbra

Sep 13, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
I have the same issue. He doesn't stink bad, it's just a dog smell. I'm trying so hard not to over wash him. I haven't lived with a dog in a while so I'm adjusting. I'm used to a house that has no smell, other than light air freshener...... I think i have a problem with how much i clean. Anyways, the pros of having my new baby grossly outweigh the dog smell. I'm starting him on coconut oil as I've heard that helps. I'm also going to try some NuCalgon odor block and see if that helps. (Not on him, in the supply and return of the ac duct) It doesn't just cover the odor. It actually eliminates it.
Good luck!
Now my break is over so back to cleaning.

My smelly guy 😍❤😍❤😍❤😍20170914_220500.jpg

OP
SiuMai

SiuMai

Sep 1, 2017
Country
Hong Kong
Bulldog(s) Names
SiuMai
I have the same issue. He doesn't stink bad, it's just a dog smell. I'm trying so hard not to over wash him. I haven't lived with a dog in a while so I'm adjusting. I'm used to a house that has no smell, other than light air freshener...... I think i have a problem with how much i clean. Anyways, the pros of having my new baby grossly outweigh the dog smell. I'm starting him on coconut oil as I've heard that helps. I'm also going to try some NuCalgon odor block and see if that helps. (Not on him, in the supply and return of the ac duct) It doesn't just cover the odor. It actually eliminates it.
Good luck!

My smelly guy [emoji7][emoji173][emoji7][emoji173][emoji7][emoji173][emoji7]View attachment 108206

Oh this is so helpful. It's not stinky but the natural doggy smell. Still coping.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Good luck!

My smelly guy ��❤��❤��❤��View attachment 108206

A diffuser! Leave it on all day. Add Lemongrass n peppermint. Will kill all smell n germs,

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
You baby IS SOOOOO CUTE!! I just want to squeeze!! :loveeyes: :loveeyes:

The the team has you covered, we had doggie smell too, but this mama just had to keep up the vacuuming, keep bedding clean, open windows when able to, helps keep it at bay, and our little girl sleeps with us...

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank doesn't smell bad anywhere, but on his paws. These are STINKY! Strong dog smell. That's why I have to wash and mop and after I vacuum, I always wash vacuum cleaner after every use, otherwise if I leave VC with even a bit of stuff, exhaust from VC unbearably smells with his paws when I vacuum next time:bad:

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
Fran honestly smells like a hamster cage if she isn't bathed every two weeks. My house doesn't smell or anything. Just her lol. She does a lot of playing in the grass though so I'm sure it's just her being a little dirtball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. [emoji190][emoji252]

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
Fran honestly smells like a hamster cage if she isn't bathed every two weeks. My house doesn't smell or anything. Just her lol. She does a lot of playing in the grass though so I'm sure it's just her being a little dirtball.

She actually is super pungent right now because she has kennel cough and couldn't go to the groomers Saturday 🤢 a smell only a mother could love

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
She actually is super pungent right now because she has kennel cough and couldn't go to the groomers Saturday �� a smell only a mother could love

Kennel cough? She in contact with other dogs or doggy day care?

Most Reactions