Ranger Update!! ☺️

Ranger777

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ranger
I'm sorry it's so late (ranchin' ain't easy) and this (like the rest will be long) we brought him home today. Our vet who again I continuously say is an angel, felt certain with me being an RN we could handle any crisis that may arise. He is eating and drinking and going potty. He does not have much energy. And quite frankly he isn't breathing that well. We have an oxygen machine here that we are using every 2 to 3 hours as necessary. He is on a ton of antibiotics as well as fluid pills, blood pressure pills, albuterol and countless others I can't bring to mind at the moment. His X-Ray again today looked much like it did a couple days ago, but we felt we could give him the same supportive care here as he could get there. He does seem in better spirits. I think being at home helps a great deal with that. I have no doubt that he will continue to heal and he will come out of this. Our Father has a way of reminding us that He is still in the miracle creating business, and I am so grateful for my loving and faithful God. Again, all of my hugs, love and best wishes to each and everyone of you and I will continue to keep you updated as I can. Big hugs from Ranger and I [emoji847]

65b6fc3d838a10b6300e660942eb326a.jpg

https://youtu.be/WJ3LkGdQzBk
That's how he's breathing currently.

https://youtu.be/t8lYbKwasaA

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Awwwwa so nice to see him home! The breathing issue is probably caused with all those meds mix. That's alot on a stomach n lungs. Try to get a diffuser and leave it on 24/7. I think ive given you a recipe or just add a couple drops of, lemon, eucalyptus, rosemary n peppermint. It's going to help him enormously. He's in good hand...he's at home and has his private RN.

OP
Ranger777

Ranger777

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ranger
Awwwwa so nice to see him home! The breathing issue is probably caused with all those meds mix. That's alot on a stomach n lungs. Try to get a diffuser and leave it on 24/7. I think ive given you a recipe or just add a couple drops of, lemon, eucalyptus, rosemary n peppermint. It's going to help him enormously. He's in good hand...he's at home and has his private RN.

We have an air diffuser AND humidifier in EVERY room he goes into. Just trying to get some of that "wetness" out of his lung. But thank you SO MUCH! I'm so grateful for your advice [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
How wonderful to see him at home; thanks for the update and give Ranger a hug from us! I love his canopy bed!

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Awe look at that sweet face. He is as glad to be home as much as you are glad to gave him home I am sure!
Hugs and prayers for continued healing!!

BullyBoston

Jan 14, 2016
Boston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo
This is great news that Ranger is home with you. God is good! Take care of him and yourself!! Will still keep you all in my prayers and thoughts.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I'm so glad he's home now!! And I definitely think he's happy to be home and will continue to improve. You got this Ranger!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm SO glad to see him home, and I'm sure he's much happier. I'm praying that he continues to improve... I know you have GOT to be mentally and physically drained w/all of this going on. Sending many hugs and prayers your way!!! :heart:

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am so pleased to see him home. That has to take his stress level down enormously and help all the way around. Good boy, Ranger!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
had to 'give some thanks' before even responding .. ;) :) Day by day, little by little, and a lot of love and giving and :pray: on your part will keep him on the healing track.. Im so glad that you have experience and calm needed to have him home. I had watched the 'breathing' video (as they came on after the glorious "texas" video) and wondered if that was from now but no idea he was home. What a wonderful surprise to see him resting in his one home.. Bless your and his hearts and will continue thanking and thanking for his continued healing.. oh, and i want to breathe some of that Texas air, and burry my face in the neck of that horse.. lol I just fill with all good when i see that stuff.. and then to know your punken heart is home...its a good day :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Still praying for a total recovery for Ranger, and his outlook will be much better at home.
sending much love and good wishes!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

He is so darn handsome! I am thrilled to see he is at home -- it hopefully will lift his spirits and help him heal better since he is in his comfort zone. Continued healing prayers being sent to ranger and massive hugs to Momma!

thank you for the daily update, regardless of the time of day. ;)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Finally! I was worried sick. Strong boy, love him. Continuing prayers as we hunker down over here !

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.