Is this "normal" breathing to y'all?

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
Oh I am so so sorry. Praying hard for your family and sweet boy. [emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. [emoji190][emoji252]

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=16788]Ranger777[/MENTION] Oh dear, poor Ranger. We're thinking of him (and you!) and hoping he will soon feel better.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Re: Is this "normal" breathing to y'all?

Thank you all for your replies. I honestly wouldn't know what to do without this forum and the great advice of everyone here.
Update:
He continued a couple more times to do the same thing and it just didn't feel "okay" to me. I was on the phone with my vet (who is the ABSOLUTE best!) when Ranger began to heave violently as if he was going to throw up. Which he's never done. Ever. Before I could put the phone down and grab him, he vomited and passed out. My vet said to immediately put him in the car and meet her at the office (which is a 5-6min drive) he was lifeless y'all. After exam and X-rays the diagnosis is aspiration pneumonia due to vomit. He is doing "okay" now but it's very, very bad. You cannot even see his left lung on X-ray due to so much fluid. He is stable and on a TON of meds, oxygen tent and getting supportive care. We have no idea what caused the nausea, upset stomach or vomit as we've changed NOTHING at all. As most of you know this is very bad and can take a very long time to recover from. We need y'all. Our pack. Please, pray for my sweet boy. We are so worried for him. Thank you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OH NO!!!! Sending lots of prayers, hugs and positive thoughts to your handsome Ranger.

Keep us posted, please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 9, 2020
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter
https://youtu.be/k1dLaVPqAEo

Ranger doesn't always breathe this way, unless of course he's exerted himself and he does the "typical bully" loud mouth breathing. But, today he's occasionally came to me and gave me his paw (which is always to say "mom, I need you now) He'll go from regular closed mouth breathing to this heavy open mouth breathing. He hasn't been over exerting himself today and it's rained most of the day, so he's been inside all day. Maybe it's nothing and I'm just being an overly worried momma. Just curious if anyone else's baby does/has done this?

How is Ranger doing now?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.