Duke, tonight you're in your kennel

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So this will be Duke's first night in his kennel on his own. No more sleeping in my bed. Nyala's on the sofa so he'll know she's there. Fingers crossed and toes as we're talking about DUKE! God I hope he goes right through till 6am and doesn't do anything in his kennel. He's already whining.

b7852eea515721e7be3c889eef4896bf.jpg
657d8867dfbb63f70f159dafb6b5fa4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Awww poor duke he has that face that makes u feel so sorry for him good luck hope he makes it like a big boy and you have no accidents to clean up

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
What a cutie he is ! Did he sleep through the night with no accidents?

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
COME ON DUKE!! You can do it sweetheart, I have faith in you!!!!! (insert crossed fingers here)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Why is the handsome mug in jail?!? He is totally innocent-- an angel of all angels!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Welllll??????????????????/

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. [emoji190][emoji252]

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Welllllll he pooped!!!! :facepalm: went to bed 11pm, up at 6am.

Almost 2 months he's been in my bed...time to put him in his kennel as im not a fan having any pets in my room. Yes I know some dont get that. I already have issues sleeping as I dont sleep much. I put pillows at the other end of the bed, blanket in the middle were he sleeps. But in the middle of the night, he thinks his blanket is a runway. He's restless. Goes up n down, then flops like a bully with a big sigh, snores, gruts, back up again n repeats a few times in the night. Next thing you know he's in your face snoring with bad breath! Like :wtf: so im sitting in bed grab him n throw him at the other end. Yesssss.....you're all right...... he comes back to were he was n flops again and takes over my pillow n space cause its warmer!!!! :bang: Told my breeder that it was time for Duke to sleep in his kennel, all she did was laugh.

Im not giving up. Tonight back in the kennel without his bed.

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
I laughed when I saw this post. Sorry, but I can relate so much. When Canelo was a puppy I had a time I thought he wasn't going to work in our home. He's my best baby now.

I think Duke is in a complicated period for him, like my Canelo, he peed on me while we were on the couch. He would be playing, stop, stare at me and pee. He would poo in his kennel and roll in it, for a period he got daily baths. He worked through that though, with me.

Stay positive, I have faith in Duke while laughing, lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
He's gonna' have to get "UN spoiled!" If crate doesn't work, maybe he would just sleep with Nyala on couch!

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
Fran has been slowly creeping her way into our bed more. And we are rooting for you because I know I am setting myself up!! She usually sleeps in her crate and would get up like clockwork at 5am (same time as me) and she would go out, do her business and hang out while I got ready for work. For the last week she's been peeing in her crate and barking for me around 2-3 in the morning. I literally cried the first two nights. The last couple of nights she hasn't peed in her crate but still crying for me at 3 am. I wake up take her out to pee and then she's in my bed sleeping until it's time to leave for work. She's 35lbs and already taking up too much space! Sending good vibes for your transition period! [emoji177][emoji177][emoji177][emoji177]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. [emoji190][emoji252]

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
He's gonna' have to get "UN spoiled!" If crate doesn't work, maybe he would just sleep with Nyala on couch!

Oh no no no I dont spoil him. He went in my bed so I can sleep. When I got him 3 months ago, I was crate training him. I would set my alarm every 3hrs, put him out and all. He would do his business, back in the kennel, back up in 3hrs to find him full of poop n pee. Hose him down at 3am outside wash all and back in the kennel. Up 3hrs later same thing. Even bought a pen so I dont have to stick my head in the far end of the kennel. For a whole month I did that. I wasn't sleeping at all. Was driving falling asleep. So I tried something by putting him in my bed the little sh*t NEVER wanted to go out and held it in from 10-7am!!. Persistent! At supper time he had sweet peas as a treat. This was new to him. Maybe why he had to go. Their supper is at 5pm n thats it after that. Water ends at 7pm. So tonight he's back in there.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
He's restless. Goes up n down, then flops like a bully with a big sigh, snores, gruts, back up again n repeats a few times in the night. Next thing you know he's in your face snoring with bad breath!

Sounds exactly like Louie! He has slept in the bed with us a few times and he is always moving around and flopping. Jax on the other hand will just cuddle up next to me and that's it. However, Louie can't come back to bed with us until Jax is fully recovered from his surgery so he has been either sleeping in his crate or my son will take him into his room. There have been a couple of times over the last week that I fell asleep on the couch with Louie and he's always pushing me. The snoring and grunting and noises are something I have never heard before!

Members online

No members online now.