Where's Duke Mommy?

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Those pictures are adorabull!!! Duke sounds soooooo much like Lockjaw! After his neuter and both cherry eye surgeries, you would have never suspected he even had surgery! Ate the same day, no stool issues!
He's such a handsome boy! I hope he had a quick recovery (and doesn't stress mom out too much) and hey he grows out of the entropian and palette!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I sent an email to update the breeder and immediately she called me when she read the word entropian. She doubts very much he'll have that as all her EB like DUKE she doesnt breed bulky EB. She breeds them not to have skin issues like most EB. If she ever has a Bully that has eye issues constantly or hip issues etc, she will never use them to breed. She neuters/spays them instead as she doesnt want any of her pups to continue problem. Why I like her as her dogs are all healthy and she guarantees all her dogs 3yrs.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ahhhhh big hugs to DUKE!! Glad he is home and feeling good....FAST recovery !!
Vasectomy suppose to be no pain, no meds and he's ready jumping everywhere..[emoji35]

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Vasectomy suppose to be no pain, no meds and he's ready jumping everywhere..[emoji35]

Uh oh Duke....better listen to your mom!!

I do have a question though, why the collar ? I thought bulldogs could not reach, when Joey had her surgery they never even said anything about wearing a collar. Educate me please :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I sent an email to update the breeder and immediately she called me when she read the word entropian. She doubts very much he'll have that as all her EB like DUKE she doesnt breed bulky EB. She breeds them not to have skin issues like most EB. If she ever has a Bully that has eye issues constantly or hip issues etc, she will never use them to breed. She neuters/spays them instead as she doesnt want any of her pups to continue problem. Why I like her as her dogs are all healthy and she guarantees all her dogs 3yrs.

Funny you say that. My vet said Louie had slight entropian, his lower lids roll inward just a tad and when I told my breeder, she said the same thing that yours did about not breeding bulky and wrinkly bullies.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Uh oh Duke....better listen to your mom!!

I do have a question though, why the collar ? I thought bulldogs could not reach, when Joey had her surgery they never even said anything about wearing a collar. Educate me please :)

Idk....I had Nyala's collar from when she got spayed n her tuck cherry eye and the vet tec said have him wear it. Now we're talking about Duke. No way in hell he'll keep that cone of shame for one day. So went to buy him the zencollar. He had it on 2hrs and I noticed he couldn't reach there. Brought it back. He was walking into the corner walls cause he's high energy. Lol

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Idk....I had Nyala's collar from when she got spayed n her tuck cherry eye and the vet tec said have him wear it. Now we're talking about Duke. No way in hell he'll keep that cone of shame for one day. So went to buy him the zencollar. He had it on 2hrs and I noticed he couldn't reach there. Brought it back. He was walking into the corner walls cause he's high energy. Lol

Ahhhhhh Duke! The running into walls thing did make me laugh, sorry :) Good info, I was curious. Thanks!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UPDATE.......

Picked him up and vet tech said he'll be satiated for most of the day. Told her you dont know Duke. She went in the back pick him up in her arms all 32lbs and said you want me to put him in the vehicle? When i said "no" he heard my voice and bammmm woke up and was ready to jump out of her arms so she put him down and there...Duke moving, wiggling with his butt dragging. She said he needs to be 2 weeks without moving like that! I burst out laughing and said that's funny and doubt very much its going to work. When he sees his sister or she sees him im going to have a field day. Got home, immediately Nyala running everywhere so happy her bros back. He also needs to wear the cone of shame for 2 weeks. Ha! That's not going to work with him. So i went to get him a ZenCollar. He was so hungry i gave him a bit of food for now. Oh forgot later seems he might need Entropion surgery, his palette a tad longer but all good. Have to keep an eye on HIS eyes.

Now to keep him n Nyala apart!
[emoji44][emoji44][emoji44][emoji44][emoji44]
f0fc7e0c1b7bcceaba5d7682abdffa8f.jpg
e488967bad7d5f510eaba4249226312e.jpg
c2f6ceb1c8374b3cfcbf70d05365cb7f.jpg
7d379589eff0908d8dcbb41f82aa0826.jpg

Happy to hear surgery went well and they are both happy Duke is home

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Bless her, Nyala gets a break from the little guy and all she does is worry about him! Glad to hear his surgery went well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online