Fireworks [emoji30][emoji33]

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
Fran is not a fan. Poor thing has been running around the house making noises I've never heard before. My son put on meditation music for her.. bless his little heart. She's finally calming down

4981f0e19943c84aa6f3fbffae909035.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
4th of July isnt there just yet. Who's having fireworks?

POOR thing she needs a cuddle.

Wait its Canada Day here and its 150yrs old so the FW are going to be loud very soon.

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
4th of July isnt there just yet. Who's having fireworks?

POOR thing she needs a cuddle.

Wait its Canada Day here and its 150yrs old so the FW are going to be loud very soon.

Different places have them all weekend long. This is the second time in two days we had some close enough to freak her out :(

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
poor baby,,, and it seems you cant even predict when they're going to happen :(

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
poor baby,,, and it seems you cant even predict when they're going to happen :(

Nope! Torn between kids wanting to run out and see them and my fur baby going crazy

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
so hard not to want to just comfort them, but then I've also read that the "lighter" you make of the whole thing then you don't comfort them for the wrong fearful behavior… I don't know that that goes for Bulldogs though .. there a special breed

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
so hard not to want to just comfort them, but then I've also read that the "lighter" you make of the whole thing then you don't comfort them for the wrong fearful behavior… I don't know that that goes for Bulldogs though .. there a special breed

Oh we definitely comforted her. Sat in the corner (that she barricaded herself in)with her..my son telling her she's a tuff puppy and that she's got strong muscles lol. She hasn't left my side all night. Was even sitting on my feet when I did th dishes. Not sure if it's the right or wrong thing to do either.. but my maternal instinct over powered all

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Different places have them all weekend long. This is the second time in two days we had some close enough to freak her out :(

Nyala just barks at them or thunder storms. Duke is new to this but will bark at thunderstorms cause Nyala does. My GS couldn't be bother by thunderstorms. He would even just lay there but fireworks.... he went "off the wall" as we say. I use to have these idiots as neighbours across the lane. They would have fireworks for no reason which wasn't allowed cause of all the houses around. I swear the number of times I had to run outside grab Major cause he was already 1/2 way over the fence(6') going for these idiots. Major never barked at anyone. He would just walk n prowl along the fence growling very lightly if someone wasnt suppose to be there. But fireworks, his brain would escalate and you had to be hands on for him to snap out of it. He was always like the with fireworks n firearms.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fran is not a fan. Poor thing has been running around the house making noises I've never heard before. My son put on meditation music for her.. bless his little heart. She's finally calming down

4981f0e19943c84aa6f3fbffae909035.jpg

Poor girl... I've been lucky none of my pups have eve had issue... they sleep right through them. Hope she does OK tonight and tomorrow night

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor girl... I've been lucky none of my pups have eve had issue... they sleep right through them. Hope she does OK tonight and tomorrow night

She wouldn't poop outside for a day! But finally got one out this morning

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Poor baby :( maybe tonight you could try some melatonin or calming chews? I've had good results with naturvet calming chews, they're pretty inexpensive and you get them at most pet supply stores. Good luck :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She wouldn't poop outside for a day! But finally got one out this morning

Poor girl... try the melatonin

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Poor baby! They've been going off all weekend here too. Neither of mine are scared of them (thank goodness!) but Penny feels the need to let her presence be known by having a bark fest with all the new noises. 🤣🤣

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Poor Fran and Bella!
She hates them too! Poor babies...... it will be over soon!

Most Reactions