Hank in his swim vest

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Hank had a great day today. Only thing is I have them on a 20 foot line of which he took off so fast that it pulled out of my hands as he wanted to go running with the labs. Out he went and swim they did as mama freaked out. Soon as he came back in his vest went On and then like a good mama, I went out waist deep and played with him in the water. He did great those things are perfect. Soon as he got out ..back and he'd go :-) it was a good day.. IMG_2343.jpg

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
20170630_094739.JPG just some practice from camera instead of phone :) we were alone for a while so he got to be free... I had to keep long line on him a bunch as he may squish/run over the littler dogs... He had a great time.... so did I !!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hank had a great day today. Only thing is I have them on a 20 foot line of which he took off so fast that it pulled out of my hands as he wanted to go running with the labs. Out he went and swim they did as mama freaked out. Soon as he came back in his vest went On and then like a good mama, I went out waist deep and played with him in the water. He did great those things are perfect. Soon as he got out ..back and he'd go :-) it was a good day..View attachment 106757

Awwwwa Jill good patient mama you are! Last summer Nyala and I had almost same incident. Walking with her along a river which the snow melt from the rockies allllllll the way down into to Bows river in Calgary. Beautiful clear blue water and cold. So we're walking and out of nowhere she decide to run and jump into the river like a little torpedo! Lost the leash as I never thought she would of done that. That river has nasty currents that will swift a dog and human away easily in certain areas. This was an area but where the current started. The hell with the cold water and expensive comfortable sandals, I just ran right in trying to grab the leash as she was 6 ft further out! Man I was wet through and damm cold. Just grabbed her with a loud NO YOU DONT DO THAT! Drove home wet for 1.5hr. Next day went to get her a vest asap! Hahaha. She loves water so she one she'll always need to wear a vest. Oh and the sandals went in the garbage. :( So kudos to you!

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Awwwwa Jill good patient mama you are! Last summer Nyala and I had almost same incident. Walking with her along a river which the snow melt from the rockies allllllll the way down into to Bows river in Calgary. Beautiful clear blue water and cold. So we're walking and out of nowhere she decide to run and jump into the river like a little torpedo! Lost the leash as I never thought she would of done that. That river has nasty currents that will swift a dog and human away easily in certain areas. This was an area but where the current started. The hell with the cold water and expensive comfortable sandals, I just ran right in trying to grab the leash as she was 6 ft further out! Man I was wet through and damm cold. Just grabbed her with a loud NO YOU DONT DO THAT! Drove home wet for 1.5hr. Next day went to get her a vest asap! Hahaha. She loves water so she one she'll always need to wear a vest. Oh and the sandals went in the garbage. :( So kudos to you!

It's so so scarry, and though he did swim great ... it surly wasn't going to happen again!!! I was scared!! You had to be freeked out completely having a current, or soon to be current and freezing water!!!!!!!! holy crap! I was also scared his lead (it's 20 ft!! ) was going to catch on something before I could get to him... dang dog thought he was a lab!!!!! they thought so too!

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
I am thinking Bella would do the same! I will be getting a vest very soon!

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I am thinking Bella would do the same! I will be getting a vest very soon!

yep, I'm sure she would ;) they just run willy-nilly happy as little larks.. When he was just a young pup, he also swam good but I was ignorant that 'bulldogs' were a different breed and known to NOT be swimmers. Just wont take that chance and he didn't mind it at all anyway ;) It was a fun morning,,, he's my little buddy

Ranger777

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ranger
Hank had a great day today. Only thing is I have them on a 20 foot line of which he took off so fast that it pulled out of my hands as he wanted to go running with the labs. Out he went and swim they did as mama freaked out. Soon as he came back in his vest went On and then like a good mama, I went out waist deep and played with him in the water. He did great those things are perfect. Soon as he got out ..back and he'd go :-) it was a good day..View attachment 106757

I love this! Your Hank is a STUD! Love him so ❤️Ranger has the same life vest and it's honestly one of the best purchases I've made for him. He has NO FEAR of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I love this! Your Hank is a STUD! Love him so ❤️Ranger has the same life vest and it's honestly one of the best purchases I've made for him. He has NO FEAR of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nope! no fear! and it sure feels better to me to have 'less' fear by him wearing it!! It is a great vest for sure!

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Was that in the ocean? Where do you live?

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
It's along the pacific ocean... It's called Fiesta Island and it's miles of off leash walking swimming what ever ya want... Most amazing place I love... I've never had to use leashes before HANK though... He did really good for a long time, but then just lost it..lol He Cant hear after that, so back on the line he went... and on went the vest... He really was good and others walking complimented him on his well sociable behavior... yikes,,, I think he's bonkers!!!

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Looks like an awesome day. I can't get Chunky to go around the lake close to my house and he the sprinklers got him this morning and he grumbled and ran back inside so he isn't a water dog.

I use to play fetch with the neighbors Golden Retriever for hours growing up in their pond. We couldn't fish in it because he would try retrieving our bait though

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Looks like an awesome day. I can't get Chunky to go around the lake close to my house and he the sprinklers got him this morning and he grumbled and ran back inside so he isn't a water dog.

I use to play fetch with the neighbors Golden Retriever for hours growing up in their pond. We couldn't fish in it because he would try retrieving our bait though

when I inherited Hank, I was sort of sad that as him probably being my last dog, that I would never have a water dog again... I love to be around water and love that my dog loves that with me... I was pleasantly blessed with a water bulldog :) .. now if he could only mind better around water i'll be set ;)

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny

What a handsome boy! Those vests are AMAZING! I have the same ones for Lockjaw and Penny! It wouldn't be a successful trip if he didn't give you at least 1 heart palpitation! [emoji7]🤣Gotta love those little boogers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sounds like a wonderful day... i love this picture of Hank-- he is such a gorgeous boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's along the pacific ocean... It's called Fiesta Island and it's miles of off leash walking swimming what ever ya want... Most amazing place I love... I've never had to use leashes before HANK though... He did really good for a long time, but then just lost it..lol He Cant hear after that, so back on the line he went... and on went the vest... He really was good and others walking complimented him on his well sociable behavior... yikes,,, I think he's bonkers!!!

Bella doesn't listen when I call her :( unless she wants to!
I have two that can be off lead and walk around the block. Tyson and Bella I wouldn't trust AT ALL!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.