ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My grandson Marcus is visiting us for 2 weeks, and Willow has been by his side the entire time. In fact I can't get a pic of Marcus w/out her in the background... Lol

19396876_10155319949563548_341137204734655421_n.jpg 19399750_10155323404108548_1890548444656115311_n.jpg 19424384_10155336413718548_8765377243591326737_n.jpg

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Adorable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Too sweet! She loves kids ā¤ļøā¤ļø

Hope you are enjoying your time with Marcus [emoji177]

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
BESTIES!!!!! We had a German Shepard that loved kids and she was with them everywhere. I love it when fur babies love kids. Canelo loves the kiddos too. I love the pic of them in the pool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Best friends for life :buddies:

How do the dogs get along when Marcus is there? Is there more of less tension between them

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] That is so cute! Love kids and dogs happy together! When mine were little, the dogs was always with them!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Best friends for life :buddies:

How do the dogs get along when Marcus is there? Is there more of less tension between them

It's actually been a problem... Willow doesn't want Walter anywhere near Marcus, she has been guarding him. SO I have to get her w/the spray bottle when she get's out of hand. It makes me sad because Wally & Marcus used to hang out a lot, but NOW w/Ms. Thing in the picture things have changed.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
It's actually been a problem... Willow doesn't want Walter anywhere near Marcus, she has been guarding him. SO I have to get her w/the spray bottle when she get's out of hand. It makes me sad because Wally & Marcus used to hang out a lot, but NOW w/Ms. Thing in the picture things have changed.

That too bad!! I should of known with the way bulldogs are that they would both want his attention

I was hoping the dogs would get some relief with Marcus there and not focus on each other so much.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That too bad!! I should of known with the way bulldogs are that they would both want his attention

I was hoping the dogs would get some relief with Marcus there and not focus on each other so much.

Last week was easier because Wally was sick w/the stomach bug... he has just wanted to hang out in my bedroom. If I keep the pups busy and tired they keep the madness at bay. It's Willow... she is a mess!!!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
these are so cute/precious!!!! and your girl looks gentile with him???? and ..... Do you go through some time when Marcus just gets there that you have to supervise your pups from love mauling him??? Hank just goes so crazy love excitement that though my grandson and him have been around each other since hank was 5 months old, (now 16 months) he still has to go ape when he sees him and i have to really watch for a while that he doesn't hurt him with love... and my grandson is 9 !

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
My grandson Marcus is visiting us for 2 weeks, and Willow has been by his side the entire time. In fact I can't get a pic of Marcus w/out her in the background... Lol

View attachment 106659 View attachment 106660 View attachment 106661

Bullies are absolutely the very best dogs with children. We have two little boys ages 3 and 4 living next door. We have the invisible fence that encloses our property. It goes about 3/4 of the way down the driveway. The children's mother has taught them not to call Daphne to come to them, but rather to cross the imaginary line and cross into her territory. Lots of times when Daphne seems to have disappeared from the back property, my husband will say, "I bet the boys are out front." Sure enough, when I check the front, the three of them are sitting in our driveway playing trucks or often just "talking" as little boys and dogs are known to do. Usually one of the little ones is hugging Daphne or rubbing her back. The boys have 2 giant black labs that also have the invisible fence. Sometimes the labs are just sitting there watching their kids with Daphne. The mother says the kids like Daphne better because the enthusiastic Labs often knock the kids down. Over here at the Chez Daphne neighborhood it's a perfect world for kids and dogs and Bully Moms.

"Every child should have a dog. Dogs are the gods of frolic." Unknown

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
These photos are so great!!!! I want Joey around more little ones, she LOVES THEM but at 2 years old she is still a bit "rammy" and I am afraid she will knock them down.

How have you gotten Willow NOT to get rammy around Marcus??

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
these are so cute/precious!!!! and your girl looks gentile with him???? and ..... Do you go through some time when Marcus just gets there that you have to supervise your pups from love mauling him??? Hank just goes so crazy love excitement that though my grandson and him have been around each other since hank was 5 months old, (now 16 months) he still has to go ape when he sees him and i have to really watch for a while that he doesn't hurt him with love... and my grandson is 9 !

Willow gets crazy at first, so I usually have to get Marcus to sit down so she can come over to him w/out hurting him. She sits outside his bedroom door at night when he's sleeping, and will sit outside the bathroom too. BUT sometimes it's in reverse, I have to give Willow a time-out so she doesn't get overheated. Marcus quit taking naps, so it's full speed ahead most days. I make them both take a movie break... Lol

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullies are absolutely the very best dogs with children. We have two little boys ages 3 and 4 living next door. We have the invisible fence that encloses our property. It goes about 3/4 of the way down the driveway. The children's mother has taught them not to call Daphne to come to them, but rather to cross the imaginary line and cross into her territory. Lots of times when Daphne seems to have disappeared from the back property, my husband will say, "I bet the boys are out front." Sure enough, when I check the front, the three of them are sitting in our driveway playing trucks or often just "talking" as little boys and dogs are known to do. Usually one of the little ones is hugging Daphne or rubbing her back. The boys have 2 giant black labs that also have the invisible fence. Sometimes the labs are just sitting there watching their kids with Daphne. The mother says the kids like Daphne better because the enthusiastic Labs often knock the kids down. Over here at the Chez Daphne neighborhood it's a perfect world for kids and dogs and Bully Moms.

"Every child should have a dog. Dogs are the gods of frolic." Unknown

I think the kids like the bullies because they are short like them... Lol My kids had a bulldog and boxer growing up, and Roxie would intimidate them because of her size. Bella reminded me somewhat of Willow, but Roxie was SO submissive and let Bella run the show.

How awesome that you allow the boys to come over and play w/Daphne. We were that house on the block where all the kids would come over to play, or use the bathroom... my hubby would yell because of all the popsicles I bought per week. I wouldn't change those memories for anything in the world :heart:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.