Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I just love him so much. This is Louie's new favorite sleeping position.

1eb79ca2ae9aa8ae43ebc77ae4f1e8ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Just wait until he is 60lbs. LOL

Chunky never did climb all the way up but still lays halfway across me and others who allow him too

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

Chunky never did climb all the way up but still lays halfway across me and others who allow him too

Hahaha...that is exactly what I said last night! This position is new for him, he is loving the lap. And it's actually funny because when he first came home, he didn't want to be touched when he was sleeping or on the couch or anything. Now it's a whole new story! He loves to cuddle.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am jealous. :moping: Chumly was a great lap dog and I so miss having a big dog on my knee! Monty cannot jump up or climb up on the furniture and we haven't encouraged him to try as we are afraid he will hurt his shoulder joints jumping back down. He has slight arthritis and we don't want to agravate it. We have a ramp but he is not interested. The upside is my legs are no longer covered in bruises caused by big feet!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I am jealous. :moping: Chumly was a great lap dog and I so miss having a big dog on my knee! Monty cannot jump up or climb up on the furniture and we haven't encouraged him to try as we are afraid he will hurt his shoulder joints jumping back down. He has slight arthritis and we don't want to agravate it. We have a ramp but he is not interested. The upside is my legs are no longer covered in bruises caused by big feet!

Poor Monty! I think once Louie gets bigger I am going to have to get a ramp or stairs at least for our bed and my SUV. No way will I be able lift 60+ pounds!

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Poor Monty! I think once Louie gets bigger I am going to have to get a ramp or stairs at least for our bed and my SUV. No way will I be able lift 60+ pounds!

Chunky isn't allowed on my bed but he uses the steps on the side of my truck to get in and rarely has any issues and if so he looks back and I give him a slight boost

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky isn't allowed on my bed but he uses the steps on the side of my truck to get in and rarely has any issues and if so he looks back and I give him a slight boost

Jax sleeps in our bed but he is only 30 pounds so he can be lifted up and down. Eventually Louie will be in our bed but once he's bigger, he's going to have to get up and down there himself. Same with the SUV. I can give him a little boost but lifting is out of the question as I already have a bad back. I probably shouldn't even be lifting Jax, but I do. Our couch isn't too high so a little boost is doable. So I need to enjoy the moments now where I can still pick the little guy up cause he's not going to be little for long!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the picture!! and yes, enjoy while you can :) although...lol, he will continue to love his snuggles like that so you will probably enjoy for many years to come, heavy or not ;) It's Hanks favorite time of day when morn comes and we go to the couch to watch the sun come up snuggled similar to your pic... and yep also to steps or ramp... Save you and him with the same purchase ;)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
He looks so comfy!!! I love it!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Jax sleeps in our bed but he is only 30 pounds so he can be lifted up and down. Eventually Louie will be in our bed but once he's bigger, he's going to have to get up and down there himself. Same with the SUV. I can give him a little boost but lifting is out of the question as I already have a bad back. I probably shouldn't even be lifting Jax, but I do. Our couch isn't too high so a little boost is doable. So I need to enjoy the moments now where I can still pick the little guy up cause he's not going to be little for long!

Getting Monty in my SUV is a two stage effort. The front passenger door opens the widest so I have to get him in that way, can't get him in the back. I put his front feet on the door sill then put my left hand under his belly and my right at the lower part of his right back leg and boost him up like a jockey getting on a horse! It's the only way I can do it. He sits in the front passenger floor area with his head resting on the seat. Getting out, I hold onto his harness to lessen the impact. If someone parks too close to the passenger door, I am in trouble!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

You mean like this. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

025bfcbcf5ea6b14c75f511e55c5fce6.jpg

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
This is how Chunky lays across and always has. Old picture but he still does the same thing

20160109_160200.jpg

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
these are so funny and so familiar to us aren't they.... what a breed!!!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Getting Monty in my SUV is a two stage effort. The front passenger door opens the widest so I have to get him in that way, can't get him in the back. I put his front feet on the door sill then put my left hand under his belly and my right at the lower part of his right back leg and boost him up like a jockey getting on a horse! It's the only way I can do it. He sits in the front passenger floor area with his head resting on the seat. Getting out, I hold onto his harness to lessen the impact. If someone parks too close to the passenger door, I am in trouble!

Sounds like I have some good times to look forward to lol!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.