new friend

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor made a new friend today - a young rook who didn't seem scared although not quite as interested as Castor. He's very gentle with wild animals but here we actually had to hold him back because he was so curious.
castor och råkunge.jpg

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh I love this... I love big black birds... My neighbor saved a baby crow and just last Sunday it took to flight.. he's staying close still but fun to watch it with its friends..Other crows ;) Wonder why this friend of Castors is so unafraid???

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
oh I love this... I love big black birds... My neighbor saved a baby crow and just last Sunday it took to flight.. he's staying close still but fun to watch it with its friends..Other crows ;) Wonder why this friend of Castors is so unafraid???

The other Crows only say CAR CAR CAR so they arent able to warn him!! :ashamed:

Great picture of a curious Castor and I like his coloring

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Such a curious boy. Wondering if the bird would have reacted if he had actually gotten close enough to touch it. It might have pecked him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great shot.... did the bird move at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
What a great shot.... did the bird move at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, yes, it moved and walked away after a while and it didn't look traumtatised by the encounter! It looked big enough to have left the nest but perhaps he couldn't fly yet.
@Hankster Many wild animals actually seem unafraid of Castor - he might look grim but he has a very gentle way of approaching rabbits and birds! They often let him come quite close and he's been just meters away from young rabbits, for instance. It is as if he understands they are small and fragile. We sometimes say he should have a pet of his own - I'm sure he would be great with a guinea pig!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Oh, yes, it moved and walked away after a while and it didn't look traumtatised by the encounter! It looked big enough to have left the nest but perhaps he couldn't fly yet.
@Hankster Many wild animals actually seem unafraid of Castor - he might look grim but he has a very gentle way of approaching rabbits and birds! They often let him come quite close and he's been just meters away from young rabbits, for instance. It is as if he understands they are small and fragile. We sometimes say he should have a pet of his own - I'm sure he would be great with a guinea pig!
this is so sweet and though i know My guy is gentle with our tiny chi, i dont know what he'ed do if he got in a chase of soething... We have two old lady chickens that he only talks to through a seperating fence, and he never trys to cross the flimsy thing, im glad your guy is gentle... I like that in an animal...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.