United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: First walk

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Lollll

How old is Jax?
    Jax turned 4 on April 8. He frequently goes to daycare so he's well socialized. I can tell he's not a fan of the puppy play of Louie biting his jowls and neck with those razor shark teeth. That's usually when Jax puts him in his place. I just don't want either of them getting hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    Jax turned 4 on April 8. He frequently goes to daycare so he's well socialized. I can tell he's not a fan of the puppy play of Louie biting his jowls and neck with those razor shark teeth. That's usually when Jax puts him in his place. I just don't want either of them getting hurt. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its ok if Jax puts Louie his place. So long there is no blood. 4yrs old, he's use to having all the attention. And then came along the chop buster lolll. Nyala and Duke plays non stop. One day last week, Duke grabbed Nyala's jowls real good. Even bleed... and I have never seen Nyala attacked or growl. Man she grabbed Duke and snapped him good. Duke ran on the bed asap. She didn't play with him for 2 days.

3. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Its ok if Jax puts Louie his place. So long there is no blood. 4yrs old, he's use to having all the attention. And then came along the chop buster lolll. Nyala and Duke plays non stop. One day last week, Duke grabbed Nyala's jowls real good. Even bleed... and I have never seen Nyala attacked or growl. Man she grabbed Duke and snapped him good. Duke ran on the bed asap. She didn't play with him for 2 days.
    How old is Nyala? And yes, Jax is definitely used to be the one and only but hopefully he will learn to share the throne. We are always making sure Jax gets his attention from us too and walks by himself. I will also send him to daycare this week so he can get a break. So far there has been no blood and I have been letting them do what they do, but ready to interfere if needed. Louie will usually back off for a minute when he gets knocked down. When Jax gets really tired of him, he will go onto the couch as Louie can't get to him up there. I think it was yesterday that Jax was sunbathing near the back door and Louie went over to sit next to him and Jax got up and moved.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    How old is Nyala? And yes, Jax is definitely used to be the one and only but hopefully he will learn to share the throne. We are always making sure Jax gets his attention from us too and walks by himself. I will also send him to daycare this week so he can get a break. So far there has been no blood and I have been letting them do what they do, but ready to interfere if needed. Louie will usually back off for a minute when he gets knocked down. When Jax gets really tired of him, he will go onto the couch as Louie can't get to him up there. I think it was yesterday that Jax was sunbathing near the back door and Louie went over to sit next to him and Jax got up and moved.
    Nyala is 19 months old now. You should walk them together. I know Louie is too small for walks but go up to the corner street n back. Then leave Louie home and continue Jax's walk. Jax needs too learn Louie isnt going anywhere. Baby steps.

6. Likes Cbrugs liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Nyala is 19 months old now. You should walk them together. I know Louie is too small for walks but go up to the corner street n back. Then leave Louie home and continue Jax's walk. Jax needs too learn Louie isnt going anywhere. Baby steps.
    Oh, so she's still a baby herself. And walking them together is an excellent idea! I am pretty confident Jax will come around, he loves to play with other dogs especially bigger ones. We just need to get through the puppy biting phase. @2BullyMama said it took Cheli two weeks before he wanted anything to do with Lambeau. And I have another friend that brought home an EB puppy into a house with a older Frenchie and she said it took about two weeks as well. I'm hoping two weeks is the magic number!

8. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads