Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm almost certain this isn't how taking Ranger "for a walk" should look. 😂

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I'm almost certain this isn't how taking Ranger "for a walk" should look. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Corine Pesantes View Post
    I got mine at Academy Sports. They have them just about everywhere and around he same price tag- $50. Dicks, Sam's, Costco, BJ's. Some even come with canopy's!! And they hold around #220lbs !
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GREAT INFO Corine!!! Thanks so much!
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

2. Likes Corine Pesantes liked this post
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I'm almost certain this isn't how taking Ranger "for a walk" should look. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger777 View Post
    Thank you for giving me this idea! Also....I LOVE THE NAME RANGER!!!!! Is there a significance to his name?

4. Likes Ranger777 liked this post
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I got mine at Academy Sports. They have them just about everywhere and around he same price tag- $50. Dicks, Sam's, Costco, BJ's. Some even come with canopy's!! And they hold around #220lbs !

I believe I have seen the same model at Costco.
    Hug your bully today

Kennel Cleaner Become a 4 Paw Member Ranger777's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ranger
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sisters3 View Post
    Thank you for giving me this idea! Also....I LOVE THE NAME RANGER!!!!! Is there a significance to his name?

Absolutely, happy to share!
    Thank you! His name was a huge source of debate for quite awhile before we even brought him home. We decided on Ranger because #1 we live in Texas and if you live in Texas you LOVE the Texas Rangers baseball team and also my husband is an avid and I do mean AVID fisherman and Ranger is a brand of Bassboat apparently. lol His AKC registered name is Augustus Ranger. (Augustus is from the movie Lonesome Dove.)
    "Dogs are our link to paradise. They donít know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring, it was peace."
    Author: Milan Kundera

7. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Thank you! His name was a huge source of debate for quite awhile before we even brought him home. We decided on Ranger because #1 we live in Texas and if you live in Texas you LOVE the Texas Rangers baseball team and also my husband is an avid and I do mean AVID fisherman and Ranger is a brand of Bassboat apparently. lol His AKC registered name is Augustus Ranger. (Augustus is from the movie Lonesome Dove.)
    Now those are THE BEST reasons for his name. Lonesome Dove!! I mean come on....ONE OF MY FAVORITE movies! Robert Duvall......LOVE him! Best back story to a name EVER! Thanks for sharing!!

9. Likes Ranger777 liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

I looked at those in Costco but I need one with one side that goes down as Monty is too big for me to pick up and put in. Has anyone got one of those?
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sisters3 View Post
    @Corine Pesantes @Ranger777 Your pups are sooooooooooooooo adorable!!! I am considering a cart for Joey, who sometimes will START the walk and then stop in her tracks!

Corine, I believe your "kids" and Joey are the same age (Joey 2 y/o May 31st) How long have they been using the cart? They appear to be very content, do they ever jump out?
    Yup! They will be 2 y/o 24 May. I want to say we've had the cart for about a year now, or close to it. Neither of them have jumped out. They are normally pretty content and just enjoy the ride. Penny sometimes might pop up if she sees a cat or a squirrel- but neither of them have ever made it out of the wagon- lol. I originally got it for Penny when she tore her ACL (before her surgery- and couldn't walk very far or fast). Lockjaw still likes to walk, but doesn't at all mind being pulled in the wagon either. Since Penny's all healed from her surgery, she loves walks and even pulls Lockjaw (when I have them on the "shared" leash extension). I normally only have to bring the wagon when I know there's more walking involved then what they are capable of, or if it's hot and they need a break.

The end of May must be a popular time for Bulldogs to be born. Chunky turns 2 the 25th

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

12. Likes sisters3 liked this post
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    The end of May must be a popular time for Bulldogs to be born. Chunky turns 2 the 25th
    Wish they could all have one big birthday bash!!!

14. Likes Ranger777, Chunky White liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pebbles
    Likes (Received)

I live in TX. Go Astros!!!

Great pics!

16. Likes Ranger777, 1Chumly liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads