Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
You are doing great. I hope my comment didn't come across that you weren't. I would have done the same. Bringing in a new baby with lots of action is not good. A bond needs to be built, quietly. You are on that track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh no, not at all!! My boyfriend likes to give me a hard time about it in a joking way. I want him home so bad but I will wait (im)patiently. We originally were going to pick him up on April 29 but we are going to pick him up on April 28 so at least that is one extra day with him.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I could have brought him home this weekend but it is my mom's 70th birthday and family is in town visiting and I am having a birthday party for her at my house on Saturday and visiting with family on Sunday. So I didn't want there to be too many new faces/people and kids screaming on his first day home. I didn't want him to get overwhelmed. I want his adjustment to be as smooth as possible. And it's easier for us to bring him home on a weekend than during the week. So I have to just torture myself until April 28. He'll probably be a giant by the time he comes home lol. He actually does look bigger in the pictures then in person.

- - - Updated - - -

I knew you were getting Meg...had no idea about Sophie! Or maybe I did and forgot. Congrats on both of your babies!

Sophie is a B-Day gift for The Prettyone her B-Day was last Friday , Your right about waiting way too much would be going on for him to settle and it being you MuM,s 70th it is her day for sure and everyone would want to hold the puppy good thinking .
I can hardly wait to see Louie grow up what a cuddle bunny he will be , thanks for the congrats will post some pics of the drive home with them .

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
OMG, men!!!!! I get a lot of grief from Husband but he's quiet after I'm right. Keep going!

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Here is a fun moment for you. The day we picked up Canelo, I placed him in my lap for the ride home. He peed, my lap was wet, warm then cold. We got home, I bathed him, showered myself, then cuddled with him. My biggest issue was potty training with him. He's a great boy.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I texted my BF this morning and told him we could pick Louie up a day early and he made a comment how it could have been a week earlier. My response was well, it's not and he better knock it off. I think he finally got the hint.

Oh Canelo...hahaha. Picking up Louie will only be about a 15 minute drive. I haven't decided yet if I will hold him in my lap on the way back, put him in a crate in the back or put him in Jax's car seat. I know I am going to want to hold him so I'll make sure I don't wear anything nice. When we picked up Jax, I sat in the backseat with him and he was quite the little maniac, but in a good way. Jax got home and literally walked around the house like he had been there his whole short little life. Wasn't shy at all. I am hoping that Louie will be similar but I don't know if I can get lucky twice.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
He is absolutely gorgeous, I bet Jax will love having a brother to play with
I remember when I brought FTSE home couldn't stop holding him just like you do with a fur baby but he is too big and heavy now to pick up but he sits on me lol

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I am glad I didn't have to wait to get Chunky. I seen his picture late at night online and sent the guy a message and he replied back that he was still available early the next morning. I picked him up 4 hours from my home less than 12 hours after I seen his picture.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
BUTTERBALL!!!!! [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Citty... feed together and if you can bring Jax for the ride. Sit in back with them and let them get each others scent

ObietheWan

Mar 25, 2017
Kansas City
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Obie
I know your pain of waiting. I could have had my pup three weeks before I did, but I decided to hold off until I could be home with him for several days. I think it made things a lot easier. Sometimes waiting is worth the pain. Beautiful pups, congratulations!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I know your pain of waiting. I could have had my pup three weeks before I did, but I decided to hold off until I could be home with him for several days. I think it made things a lot easier. Sometimes waiting is worth the pain. Beautiful pups, congratulations!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well I was supposed to have picked him up yesterday but two days prior he was playing with his mama and she landed on him spraining his ankle. He's on crate rest now and I'm picking him up on May 5. So my waiting has turned into more waiting. Ugh!!!!