Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I got to visit with Louie last night and I am so in love with him! Just 10 more days until he gets to come home. It was hard to get good pictures because he wouldn't sit still.

Louie 1.JPGLouie 2.JPGLouie 3.JPGLouie 4.JPGLouie 5.JPGLouie 6.JPGLouie 7.JPGLouie 8.JPGLouie 9.JPG

Does anyone had any last words of wisdom or advice for me? I have medicated wipes, witch hazel, unscented baby wipes, medicated shampoo (already have everything for Jax). I would love any tips for dealing with two dogs that people have learned along the way. One question I have is should I feed them both at the same time? Anything else I should know?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I think everything will kick in once chunky monkey is home. One thing I sure would feed them at the same time. No food jealousy.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I think everything will kick in once chunky monkey is home. One think I sure would feed them at the same time. No food jealousy.

Chunky monkey is right!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
A very cute CM!!!!!!:D

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh how could you stand leaving him... What an adorable chunk! and !!!!!!!!!!!! freckled ears ta boot!! beautiful !

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
oh how could you stand leaving him... What an adorable chunk! and !!!!!!!!!!!! freckled ears ta boot!! beautiful !

It was soooo hard to leave him. But the countdown is actually 9 days now. We are picking him up 1 day earlier. I just want to go to sleep and have it be April 28.

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
OMG!!!!! He looks so much like my Canelo when he was a pup. He's so handsome. It sounds like you are prepared for day one, and when he comes home you'll figure out what he needs. When we brought Nelo home he found a hole in the fence and went in the neighbor's yard. I wasn't prepared for that and got that fixed, lol.

My advice, get a little fan and make sure you have a cooling pad or the cooling work out towels. Bullies can overheat quickly. Below is a picture and the little fan is Canelo's fan. They run around $15 at Walmart and put out a lot of air. Nelo will park in front of the fan to cool off. We live south of Houston, TX so I make sure Canelo being cool is a priority. We've had two incidents with him over heating, one required emergency care and the second we caught it and addressed it before it got bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Hey Louie wanna meet a nice chick ?

IMG_2797.JPGMeg5.jpg both coming home this weekend , could set up a nice play day what ya say Louie
He is just gorgeous CB,Geez he is gonna be a big Gentleman.
One thing we do all the time in hot weather is use a empty plastic coke or whatever bottle , fill it 3/4 full of water and freeze them , it can be used for the pup to cool down or at is melts cold drinking water , easy to store when your traveling . Sometimes we just leave one on the back seat for the dogs ( on a towel ) they love to lick the condensation off the bottle as it melts .

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG!!!!! He looks so much like my Canelo when he was a pup. He's so handsome. It sounds like you are prepared for day one, and when he comes home you'll figure out what he needs. When we brought Nelo home he found a hole in the fence and went in the neighbor's yard. I wasn't prepared for that and got that fixed, lol.

My advice, get a little fan and make sure you have a cooling pad or the cooling work out towels. Bullies can overheat quickly. Below is a picture and the little fan is Canelo's fan. They run around $15 at Walmart and put out a lot of air. Nelo will park in front of the fan to cool off. We live south of Houston, TX so I make sure Canelo being cool is a priority. We've had two incidents with him over heating, one required emergency care and the second we caught it and addressed it before it got bad.

Hey Louie wanna meet a nice chick ?

View attachment 105455View attachment 105456 both coming home this weekend , could set up a nice play day what ya say Louie
He is just gorgeous CB,Geez he is gonna be a big Gentleman.
One thing we do all the time in hot weather is use a empty plastic coke or whatever bottle , fill it 3/4 full of water and freeze them , it can be used for the pup to cool down or at is melts cold drinking water , easy to store when your traveling . Sometimes we just leave one on the back seat for the dogs ( on a towel ) they love to lick the condensation off the bottle as it melts .

In Seattle, while we have the Spring pollen, we certainly don't have the Spring weather at all. Rain, rain and more rain. We are lucky if we get to 60 degrees. But eventually (hopefully we will warm up). I have a cooling mat that Jax refuses to use and I was going to get some of those cooling towels. The house has A/C if we ever get warm weather. Thankfully I've never had any overheating issues with Jax.
[MENTION=8958]natski282[/MENTION] you have TWO puppies coming home this weekend?? And yes, I think Louie is going to big boy!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Ya bud were off to pick them up Saturday a long drive so we will stay in a hotel over nite I am getting to old to drive 12-13 hrs .
Darn right he is gonna be big love his colors and size .
Sophie is app 12 weeks old first pic and Megan will be 8 weeks old 2nd pic both from same breeder, Rosie is from the same breeder .
We are like you right now weather wise but it can get hot in july aug to bloody hot, we still have ice on the lakes right now but it is going pretty fast finally

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I am curious , how come 10 more days, should be ready at 8 weeks old to pick up

I could have brought him home this weekend but it is my mom's 70th birthday and family is in town visiting and I am having a birthday party for her at my house on Saturday and visiting with family on Sunday. So I didn't want there to be too many new faces/people and kids screaming on his first day home. I didn't want him to get overwhelmed. I want his adjustment to be as smooth as possible. And it's easier for us to bring him home on a weekend than during the week. So I have to just torture myself until April 28. He'll probably be a giant by the time he comes home lol. He actually does look bigger in the pictures then in person.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya bud were off to pick them up Saturday a long drive so we will stay in a hotel over nite I am getting to old to drive 12-13 hrs .
Darn right he is gonna be big love his colors and size .
Sophie is app 12 weeks old first pic and Megan will be 8 weeks old 2nd pic both from same breeder, Rosie is from the same breeder .
We are like you right now weather wise but it can get hot in july aug to bloody hot, we still have ice on the lakes right now but it is going pretty fast finally

I knew you were getting Meg...had no idea about Sophie! Or maybe I did and forgot. Congrats on both of your babies!

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
I could have brought him home this weekend but it is my mom's 70th birthday and family is in town visiting and I am having a birthday party for her at my house on Saturday and visiting with family on Sunday. So I want there to be too many new faces/people and kids screaming on his first day home. I didn't want him to get overwhelmed. I want his adjustment to be as smooth as possible. And it's easier for us to bring him home on a weekend than during the week. So I have to just torture myself until April 28. He'll probably be a giant by the time he comes home lol. He actually does look bigger in the pictures then in person.

- - - Updated - - -

I knew you were getting Meg...had no idea about Sophie! Or maybe I did and forgot. Congrats on both of your babies!

And that is important. Great thinking.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
And that is important. Great thinking.

Trust me, it is torture knowing he could be home this weekend. But I have to do what's right for him. And my boyfriend likes to "remind" me every chance he gets that we have to wait an extra week.

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Trust me, it is torture knowing he could be home this weekend. But I have to do what's right for him. And my boyfriend likes to "remind" me every chance he gets that we have to wait an extra week.

You are doing great. I hope my comment didn't come across that you weren't. I would have done the same. Bringing in a new baby with lots of action is not good. A bond needs to be built, quietly. You are on that track.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.