I guess I don't need to rake...

ObietheWan

Mar 25, 2017
Kansas City
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Obie
So the boy loves to chew, and we've finally got a decent day here. Do you guys recommend any particular bully sticks? He hasn't taken to his nylabones very well, obviously has the gnat attention span thing going on. These are his rope alternative right now... Haha.
99948952818b86be47a46db37308b4aa.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Started Joey on the "bully rings" as a pup...DON'T DO THAT....they STINK AWFUL. She went to Moose antlers pretty early :)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
He is so beautiful !!!!!!!! and no suggestions really as Hank likes the nylabones as well as just about anything I give him to chew... Loves his marrow bones as well... and just a side note... I was watching Cesar Millan and he was working with bulldogs on this taping.. His personal dog (mr president is his name I think) reminded me of your Obie... It was a fun show to watch even though you don't get to see his dog much, it was cool to see the others as well...

OP
ObietheWan

ObietheWan

Mar 25, 2017
Kansas City
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Obie
I bought him a moose antler, and he doesn't seem too interested in it anymore. figured since they're food driven he'd like bully sticks, and have been looking into the brand Pawstruck... I'm just not sure if I should make the jump.

OP
ObietheWan

ObietheWan

Mar 25, 2017
Kansas City
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Obie
He is so beautiful !!!!!!!! and no suggestions really as Hank likes the nylabones as well as just about anything I give him to chew... Loves his marrow bones as well... and just a side note... I was watching Cesar Millan and he was working with bulldogs on this taping.. His personal dog (mr president is his name I think) reminded me of your Obie... It was a fun show to watch even though you don't get to see his dog much, it was cool to see the others as well...
Wow, I looked up Mr President on Google. He does look a lot like Obie, more white then my boy but their face is almost identical. I've watched his show a few times, great stuff!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
was the dog you saw the same color as yours? I just looked him up and they showed a red and white and a tan,,,, lol not the one on the show...

OP
ObietheWan

ObietheWan

Mar 25, 2017
Kansas City
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Obie
was the dog you saw the same color as yours? I just looked him up and they showed a red and white and a tan,,,, lol not the one on the show...
Yes fawn brindle on the body, spotted ears and an all white face.

bulldogsoccer

Mar 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Patrick
Obie we are going through the same thing..potty training, chewing...I heard bully sticks are bad because of the potential of choking. My last bulldog loved them but after reading on EBN I stopped buying them. I'm going to try bone marrow with Elsie this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ObietheWan

ObietheWan

Mar 25, 2017
Kansas City
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Obie
Obie we are going through the same thing..potty training, chewing...I heard bully sticks are bad because of the potential of choking. My last bulldog loved them but after reading on EBN I stopped buying them. I'm going to try bone marrow with Elsie this weekend

Let me know how that goes. Where are you getting it from?

bulldogsoccer

Mar 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Patrick
Going to check out a local butcher otherwise a pet food store here sells some packaged ones. I'll take a picture

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
No rawhides, pigs ears etc. Full of chemicals and a choking hazard. No rope toys either (see my recent post). Luckily my boy likes Nylabones! One of his favourite toys is an empty plastic OJ bottle (minus the top). He can crunch it and it makes a lot of noise on wood or tile floors. Great fun! When it gets nasty, just throw it away and give him another one. Water bottles are too flimsy. We use tropicana or Simply Orange bottles.
Simply Orange® Juice & Simply Lemonade® | Simply Beverages™

Have you tried a Kong with a little bit of peanut butter in it?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
omg yes!! plastic bottles!! even the ones for like distilled water with a handle are favorites of hanks. He loves the noise ;)
No rawhides, pigs ears etc. Full of chemicals and a choking hazard. No rope toys either (see my recent post). Luckily my boy likes Nylabones! One of his favourite toys is an empty plastic OJ bottle (minus the top). He can crunch it and it makes a lot of noise on wood or tile floors. Great fun! When it gets nasty, just throw it away and give him another one. Water bottles are too flimsy. We use tropicana or Simply Orange bottles.

OP
ObietheWan

ObietheWan

Mar 25, 2017
Kansas City
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Obie

I bought five Kongs, and tried filling them with his kibble,l, freezing, and topping them in peanut butter. He doesn't chew it though and didn't really take to it. He does play around with a water bottle, he loved his ropes though.

bulldogsoccer

Mar 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Patrick
ccb5b18df9fee5476fc2726eb82c6376.jpg

This is what I got Elsie from the pet food store.

bulldogsoccer

Mar 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Patrick
4338f27c8910b190e3d5608cabab1f91.jpg

Good news she loves it, and it'll keep her busy for hours.

Bad news, it's getting all over the carpet

Most Reactions