Playing with Canelo Injury

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Ouch! But we had fun!

My souvenir playing with Canelo and his new rope today. I got him a new rope toy, held it high and this happened. My fault, but we had fun!

04729fedc292b504f772bd7cf5bda607.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Re: Ouch! But we had fun!

ewe and thanks for sharing that tummyTurning pic... owie!! hope ya cleaned it up real good... and I'm kinda laughing at the things we share here...lol all in the life with our buds ;)

BullyBoston

Jan 14, 2016
Boston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo

Oh man!! I hope it heals quickly!! Yeah, it's so much fun playing with them but sometimes they can get out of hand and their claws and teeth hurt and so does their weight!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Sunday a new rope toy arrived for my big boy. A 36" knotted rope that had a nice handle. Canelo quickly removed the handle while out of site. I bought this rope because he loves to play tug of war but he will lung in excitement and get close to clamping a hand in play. Well today he played with me and in his excitement this happened. I held the rope high, he tried to jump and came down on my foot. I thought it was superficial but no, it started bleeding. It's all good, an Ow, but I'm sure other bully owners have fun scars.

f57a5e1cb05809484de8c618d1437c75.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
I double posted so please feel free to delete this post.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Ha! who wouldn't want to see that blood rolling down your leg once again LOL

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie

OMG!! OUCH!! - yes Ellie, just about took off the corner of my pinkie when I got her, her 1st Jolly ball toy, OH MY she went Insane over it, and her and I both went for it at the same time, and needless to say mommy's finger was not happy...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Poor Mama! I know Canelo didn't mean it,but they get so determined that they don't even notice anything but what they are after! I have had quite my share of wounds over the years never on purpose>and still get them! They are "strong like bull!"

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I had something similar happen to my foot. Jax had the zoomies, doing laps around the living and dining room. I was laying on the couch watching and during it all, he jumped on the couch where I was and his nails dug into my foot. This was a couple of months ago and the marks are still there.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Several injuries like that on my shins and thighs...they take a while to completely heal. Good thing you're not on Warfarin.
Holes in hands and fingers have happened. Lost my right thumbnail once and my right middle fingernail another time. Those were most uncomfortable. Almost all serious injuries have been accidents during bully play.

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
When Canelo was a puppy Husband and I had matching bruises on our fore arms from Canelo playing and biting us. Of course people asked what was going on with us lol! Then there was a time that Husband wanted Canelo to wear a spiked harness and we got one but we learned there are things you don't think about. In this case, spikes look tough and they are tough on skin and kids. Canelo likes to sit and touch people well he ran into my legs, the kids and we all had cuts from the spikes. That harness left the same day we got it.

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Being a mean daughter, I sent this pic to my mother. She is so sensitive to blood her reaction is priceless. Yes I know, mean. To describe, a couple of years ago we went to my parents to grill for Fathers Day. I have worked in hospitals for years, not a nurse, my brother is a police officer but started as an EMT. On this day my father was grilling, it's his thing but he walked in the house and told my Husband to take over grilling, he had an accident. He dropped a knife and it hit his foot. As my father walked to the kitchen I asked him what happened and he told me so I called my brother across the room and told him he was up. While my brother and I treated my father, my mother was on the verge of passing out, her mouth watering. She was a mess. Blood is her downfall. My father loves crocs, he was wearing them so I took a blood filled croc to the bathroom and washed it out, my mother was demanding they be thrown away.... whatever! My brother stopped the bleeding and we both looked for the wound. Talk about freak accident! The knife pierced a blood vessel! A tiny prick! That was it but it bled so much. No bandaid needed, a tiny pierce. I told Dad he needed to invest in life alert because he was going to die if blood and my mother were involved.

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
And look who has decided to play with his new rope.
4bd672996d32d1bbde49f26c317ff6ee.jpg

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
that's funny!! some people just cant take it... lol your mom being one... what a sweetie to send her 'this' pic.. lovely ;)
Being a mean daughter, I sent this pic to my mother. She is so sensitive to blood her reaction is priceless. Yes I know, mean. To describe, a couple of years ago we went to my parents to grill for Fathers Day. I have worked in hospitals for years, not a nurse, my brother is a police officer but started as an EMT. On this day my father was grilling, it's his thing but he walked in the house and told my Husband to take over grilling, he had an accident. He dropped a knife and it hit his foot. As my father walked to the kitchen I asked him what happened and he told me so I called my brother across the room and told him he was up. While my brother and I treated my father, my mother was on the verge of passing out, her mouth watering. She was a mess. Blood is her downfall. My father loves crocs, he was wearing them so I took a blood filled croc to the bathroom and washed it out, my mother was demanding they be thrown away.... whatever! My brother stopped the bleeding and we both looked for the wound. Talk about freak accident! The knife pierced a blood vessel! A tiny prick! That was it but it bled so much. No bandaid needed, a tiny pierce. I told Dad he needed to invest in life alert because he was going to die if blood and my mother were involved.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

OUCH!!! Nail?

Most Reactions