Bella in her kiddie pool!

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrx5a-uZZ1Q

She loves the water. Unfortunately she is not afraid of our pool. She is constantly trying to lean over the edge to get anything that is floating by. She fell in the other day luckily she went under and came back up to the top pretty quickly and I grabbed her out with out having to get in myself (it is way too cold for me!). Haven't gotten her a vest yet. (She is never outside unsupervised)
Hopefully her kiddie pool will do for her.
IMG_5103.JPG
She is so funny! Puts her face underwater and blows bubbles. Lol
IMG_5057.JPGIMG_5108.JPG

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION] OMG HOW SCARY that she fell in!!!! I was SO PARANOID with Joey around pools that she had her FIRST life jacket at 9 weeks old. I learned here, at this forum, that it only takes A SECOND for them to get water in their lungs and that could, I learned, could cause major health problems. Poor Bella :( That must have been very scary for such a little girl, SO HAPPY that she is OK !!!

IMG_1810.jpg

Good idea on the pool, Joey loves hers and I'm sure you will get a ton of use out of Bella's pool, she really is such a cutie pie!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
What a cutie pie in her pool! I got a kiddie pool when we got Jax and he hates it, will NOT go in it. He'd rather just play with the hose. I'm hoping our new guy will enjoy the pool.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What a cutie pie in her pool! I got a kiddie pool when we got Jax and he hates it, will NOT go in it. He'd rather just play with the hose. I'm hoping our new guy will enjoy the pool.

She loves to take the hose too!
If she doesn't come when I call her name she will always come if I say do you want to eat or if she sees the hose on. Lol
Then she'll come running!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:shout: I LOVE HER! too freckin adorable!

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Colossus DESPISES anything resembling running water (except a bath, loves his bathtime). Even if after a rain theres water running across the sidewalk he will stop, study a way to go around, do ANYTHING except have the running water go around his paws.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus DESPISES anything resembling running water (except a bath, loves his bathtime). Even if after a rain theres water running across the sidewalk he will stop, study a way to go around, do ANYTHING except have the running water go around his paws.
That's funny.... she runs straight to the hose if I turn it on even to water my plants. She loves the hose and her pool especially if I step in it!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
BELLA!! - Ms Ellie loves her pool too, its on our deck, and if she cant get to it, she will paw at the sliding door so mommy lets her out

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
The puppy pool looks great. Do you also have an in ground pool? I'd love to get Daphne a puppy pool for when it gets over 90 degrees every day here in Florida during the summer. But, I'm afraid she'd then transition herself into our pool. As it stands now, she is very leery of our pool. She spends most of her days on the lanai by the pool, but won't even stick her nose near the edge of the water. I'd like to keep it that way. I'd be afraid that if she loves the puppy pool, she'd want to go in the big pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I actually got the kiddie pool because she is so interested in my inground pool. She wants to get anything that floats by. Leans way over the ledge. Also loves to go on the stairs and play in the water.
We are definitely getting her a vest but trying to wait a little while so that we can get a size that will fit her for at least this summer.
She is growing so fast.
IMG_4636.JPG
Bella unfortunately is not Leary of anything. I have to work on that. She has to learn how tonmeet new dogs. She has no fear and wants to run to any dog she sees. It scares me since some dogs may not want that. I am bringing her to a friend's house this week who has a dog that gets along with any dog to see how she does. She is not submissive at all :(

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Daphne is leery because every time she goes near the edge I scream, "NO DAPHNE! GET AWAY FROM THAT POOL!" I'm a real nag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella loves the water. She will for sure love it in another few weeks when the heat really comes in.
IMG_5149.JPG

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I have so many pics and vids of my fearless running into the ocean and swimming at about 6 months of age or so... Absolutely no fear! I ended up with a vest (no way will it fit now) but am leery to just let him run free now as I think his bulk would sink him now... a long lead at the least will defiantly be on hi8m... so cute though as he would run with normal legged dogs and they would still be romping while he was swimming... oh how scary to even think of now.. I was braver (and less educated) last summer :/

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I wish she had a little fear!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.