Here's some Colossus for y'all

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
First - thank you for everything y'all provide as for information etc. Theres an older thread on here for Colossus, but its been over two years since Ive posted pics and I dont feel like searching for it, so we get to start with new ones. I adopted Colossus right at four years ago, he was dropped overnight at a vet clinic (at three months old - maybe) on a VERY cold March evening in 2013. Now, about two years after I got him I up rooted him from Kansas City half way across the country to Phoenix (Dec '14), taking at least six months to realize Phoenix is now "home" and not just a vacation. Now two years in our Phoenix stint, hes LOVING life.

Pictures will be in no particular order, but I will try to post from old to new. First - That was the picture I saw that said - kiddo, you're stuck with me.

Thanks for letting me show Colossus off.

03 20 13 Morning of drop off.jpegLooking up.jpgTuckered out.jpgIMAG0058.jpgTail Gunner .jpg1116 - Dont Move.jpg1216 - In Burrito.jpg0217 - Aint moving.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome back! Good to see you and the Colossus he is gorgeous and looks to be living a fantastic life.

BTW -- the more threads the merrier... we LOVE updates and pictures

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
First - thank you for everything y'all provide as for information etc. Theres an older thread on here for Colossus, but its been over two years since Ive posted pics and I dont feel like searching for it, so we get to start with new ones. I adopted Colossus right at four years ago, he was dropped overnight at a vet clinic (at three months old - maybe) on a VERY cold March evening in 2013. Now, about two years after I got him I up rooted him from Kansas City half way across the country to Phoenix (Dec '14), taking at least six months to realize Phoenix is now "home" and not just a vacation. Now two years in our Phoenix stint, hes LOVING life.

Pictures will be in no particular order, but I will try to post from old to new. First - That was the picture I saw that said - kiddo, you're stuck with me.

Thanks for letting me show Colossus off.

View attachment 104883View attachment 104880View attachment 104881View attachment 104884View attachment 104882View attachment 104886View attachment 104887View attachment 104885

What a beautiful and sweet boy. How does he handle the heat in Phoenix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
RazrRila99

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
What a beautiful and sweet boy. How does he handle the heat in Phoenix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He does pretty good. Im a bit over protective when it comes to overheating, so Ill let him outside until I can hear him panting, then its back in onto the cool tile floor. I only take him for walks when its 90 or below (he doesnt walk very far/very long) and then let him sunbathe (no walking in direct sun, only tanning :)) only when I can see/hear him. I know the lack of humidity in Phoenix compared to KC is definitely better for him.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
He is gorgeous and his coloring is similar to one of the boys I'm interested in (piebald with all white face). Seeing how cute your guy is might be persuading in who I choose.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
so fun to see :) he's adorable/ then handsome ;) \

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Gorgeous and I get some of those expressions too, lol !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
He's gorgeous! And as for Phoenix, HHHOOOTTTT!!!!!! I have a client there and I get up and leave my hotel before the sun comes up, get my coffee and lunch, and I don't leave the office until the sun goes down. I live in SE Texas where we have heat and humidity but the summers in Phoenix are brutal. I have a post out there about overheating. I keep a wireless thermometer in my 4Runner. It's been so valuable with Canelo. You are a great Bully Mom! Keeps sharing pics please!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh PLEASE tell me what your use for your 4runner... I think I'm freezing us out to make sure the back of my forester stayes cool... what a perfect solution!!!
He's gorgeous! And as for Phoenix, HHHOOOTTTT!!!!!! I have a client there and I get up and leave my hotel before the sun comes up, get my coffee and lunch, and I don't leave the office until the sun goes down. I live in SE Texas where we have heat and humidity but the summers in Phoenix are brutal. I have a post out there about overheating. I keep a wireless thermometer in my 4Runner. It's been so valuable with Canelo. You are a great Bully Mom! Keeps sharing pics please!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Perfect name that big ole boy. Quite the handsome one.

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
oh PLEASE tell me what your use for your 4runner... I think I'm freezing us out to make sure the back of my forester stayes cool... what a perfect solution!!!

Here is what I have used and it has been so helpful.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AcuRite-Digital-Wireless-Thermometer-00380/16888916

The actual thermostat is in the back with Canelo and I have the display in the front. It's real time. There have been some summer rides where Husband and I have frozen to keep the back cool. While my 4Runner has factory tint, we decided to get limo tint in the back. We did this to our truck and found a huge difference. Also Canelo has a cool mat in the back that he loves. He does lay on it but the thermostat rules.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
omgoodness thank you so much!! I checked amazon (I've been housebound,,, dang cold! ) and wanted to get the process started.. and it's the same price so I ordered... pluss I had almost ten dollars in points so it was perfect.. this place is so good! I have been trying to set us up for our travels and just cant stand my worrisome self and this will solve a whole chunk of it.. thanks again................ AND, once again, Colossus is gorgeous.. sorry to bust in like this, but see, ya helped someone out while getting to show off your beautiful boy :)
Here is what I have used and it has been so helpful.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AcuRite-Digital-Wireless-Thermometer-00380/16888916

The actual thermostat is in the back with Canelo and I have the display in the front. It's real time. There have been some summer rides where Husband and I have frozen to keep the back cool. While my 4Runner has factory tint, we decided to get limo tint in the back. We did this to our truck and found a huge difference. Also Canelo has a cool mat in the back that he loves. He does lay on it but the thermostat rules.