KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
:yes:

After a situation presented itself, I felt we just had to "rescue" a 5 year old male bully. I knew the grandfather of the girl that had him. She is young and goes to school full time and works full time. Her grandfather has been stuck with Mr Wrinkles for about 2 months because the granddaughter's apartment would not allow dogs and she moved to another part of Florida.

Grandfather was begging me to come and get him as grandfather is wheel chair bound and almost 80. Ive been going back and fourth for a couple of weeks due to A LOT on my plate right now. But as a dear friend [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] told me, all those problems will eventually go away.

I went this weekend to "meet" Mr Wrinkles. He is fed a diet of Purina dog chow. He stinks to high heaven has cyst between his toes, hot spot on his neck, bumps on top of his head. Both ears fire engine red. I could not leave the house without him.

I took Vegas for a meet and greet. He is so tiny compared to Vegas! He weighs about 50 and very short, actually reminds me of Baby O [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] I left the bag of Purina and already have him on Vegas's food, got him on Coconut oil, shaved the hot spot and treating it. Soaking his feet in Epson salt. He is a total sweet heart. He has bright blue eyes, which is weird, but neither blind or deaf..... So most of you all know I suck at taking pictures but I have a few to share.

This is Vegas wondering what in the world I got him in to! lol

Mr Wrinkles (I hate his name, but I think he's to old to change it)

After trying about 50x I finally got a decent picture, and it's bad. lol

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I saw your posts on FB. It makes me happy that you have opened your home and hearts to this handsome fella.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
What a blessing you are to Mr. Wrinkles! So happy that he has such a loving home now. How are they getting along so far? I'm sure he's gonna be feeling so much better in a few days with the new food, and care he's getting now.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I saw your posts on FB. It makes me happy that you have opened your home and hearts to this handsome fella.

Had to laugh, After I went to meet him I came home and told Joe. Wellll.......... he has a hot spot, cyst, double ear infections, filthy dirty, stinks, bumps all over the top of his head. Runny poop due to poor food, big sore on his hind leg, some bald spots...............I'M GOING TO GO GET HIM!!!! ONLY a bully lover would even understand this. I have dealt with all the above with my own Vegas. Mr Wrinkles is on the road to recovery :D AND he came with his own "Stinky" Lion and I mean STINKY..... He is a nose sucker, just like Vegas. Love it!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
He's not too old to change his name. You should rename him Orion! Rescues do it all the time!

You'll have him fixed up in no time! From the photo.. I see Vegas has one tooth out and MW has the other. Just like my two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
He is gorgeous and so lucky that you were able to take him!! I would have brought him home too!! Happy life Mr. Wrinkles!!

BullyBoston

Jan 14, 2016
Boston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo
I known it's a lot of work tending to these beautiful creatures! But I'm sure it will work out and he will be forever grateful of all you have done to care for him!! My heart is filled with joy to hear of these stories...after a bad situation a good outcome!!! Poor baby....he looks so sweet!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Wow...I'm in tears (I know, I know...WHAT doesn't make me cry? Y'all may be surprised to know
that I never cried in my early years, never!!! I think 28 yrs with my Beloved's kindness, gentleness,
& absolute adoration of me healed all those open wounds. I learned to trust & believe in goodness.)

God bless you, Kelly! You & Joe have just changed Mr Wrinkles life, he will blossom every day! It
will be great for Vegas (I think of Hershey & Chumley).

I cry too, thinking about (and missing so much) my rescue of my 1st bully, Brutus, who I found in
similar shape and also had so much on my plate but couldn't leave him there either. He was referred
to me unexpectedly too, found out he had never really had a long term home but passed on & on.
The Nurse had bought him off Craigslist...and don't know WHY as Brutus was such a wonderful & good
boy! So ready to give love & be loved, no time had been spent on his care or his needs, he didn't know
how to be a dog, play, chew bones or toys but he loved rides (had been excessively crated) so we took
him everywhere and gave away his crate. Mother & I were always home (both disabled) and we all were
together 24/7. Even young, his teeth were rotted & pained him, ultimately that neglect caused his death
just 7 months together, he came thru dental surgery but back in recovery, he died. It haunted me and the
Vet with Wife Tech, cried with me and didn't charge me, such a kind gesture!

God puts these things together so yes, it will all work out for all.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] He looks adorable, and hope Vegas likes his new brother?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Kelly, I saw your happy news on FB... this was totally meant to be, even if the timing is bad!!! God meant for you to save this baby, and we all know you are going to take great care of Mr. Wrinkles, and heck YES change his name... LOL

Congratulations!!! :heartsign:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:heartsign::heartsign::heartsign::hug::hug::hug::hug:

OVER THE MOON happy for all of you... Mr Wrinkles has found the high life and has the best Momma ever.!! We are all here to help... just let us know what you need xoxoxoxo

LOVE me some Vegas :heart:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] What a lucky dog Wrinkles is! He could not have wished for a better home!!! So happy for him-hope Vegas is happy,too! You have done a wonderful thing and good things will come of it!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh Kelly, I'm so happy for Mr. Wrinkles that he gets to have the bestest home now with you all. Yeppers your issues will go away and so will Mr. Wrinkles (poor guys has a few of them doesn't he). You're going to see big health changes in him soon especially off that crappy food. I always wonder why some dogs just stink to high heaven (lack of bathing, food, etc. I suppose). Love that they're both suckers.....that's freckin' pawsome! :havemyheart:

Had to laugh, After I went to meet him I came home and told Joe. Wellll.......... he has a hot spot, cyst, double ear infections, filthy dirty, stinks, bumps all over the top of his head. Runny poop due to poor food, big sore on his hind leg, some bald spots...............I'M GOING TO GO GET HIM!!!! ONLY a bully lover would even understand this. I have dealt with all the above with my own Vegas. Mr Wrinkles is on the road to recovery :D AND he came with his own "Stinky" Lion and I mean STINKY..... He is a nose sucker, just like Vegas. Love it!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.