everton

Feb 2, 2017
uk gwent wales
Country
wales gwent uk
Bulldog(s) Names
milo

hi all.

does this sound normal for a bulldog .. hes 14 weeks old .. he seems rattly but not all the time. he eats his food well. he not got a cough .but the noise sound like he need to clear this chest

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

hi all.

does this sound normal for a bulldog .. hes 14 weeks old .. he seems rattly but not all the time. he eats his food well. he not got a cough .but the noise sound like he need to clear this chest

Not normal. I would get him for a check up, if you have an lemon juice around give him a good squirt down the throat for some relief, while you make vet appt. When they are that young, pneumonia can come on fast.....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

hi all.

agreed... not normal, get a vet appointment to have him treated

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nyala had the exact same thing a over a week ago. Very playful, no guk coming out of nowhere, eating well too n her snacks no issues. Like she was clogged up and had the same noise as yours. It took about 4days and gone. But.....yes a but......I put the diffuser on 24/7 full blast and my mix was.....

3 drops of Eucalyptus 3 drops of Peppermint 3 drops of Lavender 2 drops of Lemon (for 1/2 cup of water in my little diffuser and the bigger is double the oils)

Do have him checked out to eliminate other issues. Im use to Nyala as had her longer than you. So immediately I get on it and takes about 3 -4 days all clears up. No antibiotic was used. Again in your case have him check first by a good vet.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Could be from allergies, but I agree with others, have a vet check him to make sure nothing else is going on with him. Respiratory problems are nothing to play with in this breed.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
It is Kennel cough. You need to visit vet, this condition is quite easily treated, but left unattended can be dangerous for young puppies. For adult dogs usually passes on its own without complications. Very contagious.

OP
everton

everton

Feb 2, 2017
uk gwent wales
Country
wales gwent uk
Bulldog(s) Names
milo
Many thanks all. milo:mellow: been to vets today hes been given some ronaxan 20mg one per day antibiotics for a chest infection .hope it clears his chest up , thanks for all your help

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Many thanks all. milo:mellow: been to vets today hes been given some ronaxan 20mg one per day antibiotics for a chest infection .hope it clears his chest up , thanks for all your help
[MENTION=16818]everton[/MENTION] - Feel Better Milo, PLEASE keep us Posted!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Keep a very close eye on him and be sure to get him right back to the vet if anything changes at all... pneumonia can set in very quickly at his age

OP
everton

everton

Feb 2, 2017
uk gwent wales
Country
wales gwent uk
Bulldog(s) Names
milo
hi. milo been back to vets today hes been given some stronger ronaxan 100 mg one per day for ten days antibiotics for a chest infection . the 20 mg worked a little but not strong enough hes around 10 kilos now . so vet hopes these do the job for him

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh boy,,, hope this does the trick! such a sweet boy..

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Hope he feels better soon ! If he ever gets sick again when he's over a year old try giving him Manuka honey, a dose of 1/2 to 1 teaspoon three or four times a day may do the trick. Choose a UMF10+ . You can't give honey to anyone under a year old because of potential botulinum spores.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
omg!!! Never heard of anyone else using Manuka honey!!!!!!!! amazing stuff!! I'm not fond of the flavor but I'm fond of the results ;)
Hope he feels better soon ! If he ever gets sick again when he's over a year old try giving him Manuka honey, a dose of 1/2 to 1 teaspoon three or four times a day may do the trick. Choose a UMF10+ . You can't give honey to anyone under a year old because of potential botulinum spores.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Get well soon, little Milo!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.