EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Chunky and his baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    Be ready for some competitive parents. I cannot sit with the parents and would hate to be a coach because of all the jealousy the parents have. I really like baseball and softball also but enjoy watching the kids in the family excel at something and my family has been lucky that we are athletic. @Corine Pesantes daughter or daughters play softball and I am sure she could tell you some stories about parents

My niece that I posted a picture of with Chunky when I first joined was really good at softball but once she got into cheer and gymnastics it was forgotten about.
    DON'T even get me started... my kids are not into sports now, but when they were younger they both played soccer, t-ball, and swim. I ended up volunteering to coach many of their sports activities (or team mom) because SO many parents couldn't be bothered w/it. What a frigging nightmare w/the damn parents... they would either freak out that you weren't playing their "star" kids every second or that you would let every kid who signed up play. I had it out w/several parents that if they wanted their kid to play continuously then they need to sign up for travel teams and not the local ones.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    DON'T even get me started... my kids are not into sports now, but when they were younger they both played soccer, t-ball, and swim. I ended up volunteering to coach many of their sports activities (or team mom) because SO many parents couldn't be bothered w/it. What a frigging nightmare w/the damn parents... they would either freak out that you weren't playing their "star" kids every second or that you would let every kid who signed up play. I had it out w/several parents that if they wanted their kid to play continuously then they need to sign up for travel teams and not the local ones.

Travel baseball is where the kids who's parents help the coaches financially the most get to play while other kids who are better sit on the bench. Luckily I know the coaches and played ball with them growing up that two of my nephews play for and the other nephews dad coaches. They are all really good and put in the time at home with the correct instructions to learn how to hit, catch and throw. I hope they continue to excel at whatever sport they choose to focus on by the time they reach high school since you need to be a one sport player around here these days since sports last year round now with practice and 2 or 3 seasons of play. Only 1 or 2 of my nephews will stick with baseball. The one was born to play football and his size and strength will help him as long as he stays healthy.

My two favorites and I know I shouldn't say that have both graduated from high school and one is out of college so I am getting into the younger generations sports now. Both my nephew who just graduated last year and my 24 year old cousin had scholarships to play in college and decided to forget sports and focus on school.

My brother and nieces husband both quit being a head coach because parents didn't like them because they wouldn't play any kids unless they were good enough to play.

My nephews as I call them that I am watching now are actually my great nephews who's moms "my nieces" are just a few years younger than I am

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

3. Likes 2BullyMama, ddnene liked this post
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I did the "team parent" thing once, years back, can't say I'd do it again, but that was for a different sport - for my oldest. I'm so excited to see the twins play a sport…Six years ago we didn't even think they'd live, so to watch them now is *no words* We take nothing they do for granted…they could breathe a certain way and it would be praised.

That's why any parent that complains or gets competitive won't phase me in the slightest…My husband and I know just how lucky we are that they are just here. Of course, if a parent messes w/my kid instead of their own…then my tune shall change swiftly!!

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

5. Likes Chunky White, ddnene liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

What a great looking boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

7. Likes Chunky White liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo