Give an inch and he takes a foot...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Once you let him in there is no going back ..... all of ours have always slept with us. We lift them in and out

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
So we bought another crate and stuck it in our room in August for him to sleep in. He used to be gated in the kitchen at night. We just transitioned to leaving the crate open and he has been sleeping on his bed next to our bed. This weekend he decided that he was allowed in the bed. Every time one of us is in bed he leaps on; sometimes over us. So should I give in and let him sleep in the bed or stay firm? I have always wanted him to sleep on the bed but my husband is adamant about not letting him. We gave in last night but threw him out when he wouldn't settle.

All 5 of My guys sleep with us , now that said most get down as it is too warm for them ( Siberian Husky, Cane Corso, Bulldog, Lab Malamute cross, and last but not least a Ariedale ) when I wake in the morning the Cane Corso, Bully and most times the Lab Malamute are still there yet the lab sometimes gets down . One thing if you are going to allow it get stairs , Bulldogs leg joints are not know to be the strongest mostly elbow issues for us , do not let them jump down the beds today are very high and can really give those joints issues. We would not have it any other way not for everyone but sure makes it warmer in the cold winter night 002.jpg Tilly after elbow surgery. 031.jpg Here is a pic of the stairs for the couch the bed ones are just taller , cheap versus leg surgery Amazon or pet stores sell them cheap make sure they are slip proof and will take the projected weight of your Bully as it grows. 006.jpg Some of the hoards When Mummy is home for the weekend .

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I very rarely put Bella on the bed with me now. I had her there all the time when she was a pup, but now, she sheds like a vacuum on reverse. It's insane! I don't want my bed as gross as my floor and my car. :w00t: :blush2:

If I'm feeling generous, I'll put an already-furry blanket down first...then she has to stay on it. I follow the same rules with all other furniture.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] If you do a MD meetup let me know! I'll bring Ruckus and Regina!

Also -- we let the dogs sleep in the bed with us. I just like cuddling with them. Ruckus doesn't really like to be in the bed in the summer but once it gets colder he'll steal your pillow. Regina, on the other hand, prefers human contact at all times, to she'll basically sleep in your lap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=7373]g8erjackie[/MENTION] I will definitely get in touch if I go to Md. My biggest problem is finding a donkey sitter!!:yes:

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
[MENTION=7373]g8erjackie[/MENTION] I will definitely get in touch if I go to Md. My biggest problem is finding a donkey sitter!!:yes:

Hehe my dad and stepmom have a similar problem -- they're coming to visit me this week and none of the siblings back home wanted to take chicken and guinea hen duty! I don't know why, you'd get to keep all the fresh eggs you want, but eventually we bribed the youngest brother.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=7373]g8erjackie[/MENTION] He's lucky your parents don't have geese! They would get him in the butt. One of my son's live up the road-and he won't "babysit".

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
@Manydogs @rjisaterp If you do a MD meetup let me know! I'll bring Ruckus and Regina!

Also -- we let the dogs sleep in the bed with us. I just like cuddling with them. Ruckus doesn't really like to be in the bed in the summer but once it gets colder he'll steal your pillow. Regina, on the other hand, prefers human contact at all times, to she'll basically sleep in your lap.

OK Will do!

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
All 5 of My guys sleep with us , now that said most get down as it is too warm for them ( Siberian Husky, Cane Corso, Bulldog, Lab Malamute cross, and last but not least a Ariedale ) when I wake in the morning the Cane Corso, Bully and most times the Lab Malamute are still there yet the lab sometimes gets down . One thing if you are going to allow it get stairs , Bulldogs leg joints are not know to be the strongest mostly elbow issues for us , do not let them jump down the beds today are very high and can really give those joints issues. We would not have it any other way not for everyone but sure makes it warmer in the cold winter night View attachment 101064 Tilly after elbow surgery. View attachment 101065 Here is a pic of the stairs for the couch the bed ones are just taller , cheap versus leg surgery Amazon or pet stores sell them cheap make sure they are slip proof and will take the projected weight of your Bully as it grows. View attachment 101066 Some of the hoards When Mummy is home for the weekend .

Wow, I can't imagine how you find room for everyone. That's a lotta bodies for one bed!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Wow, I can't imagine how you find room for everyone. That's a lotta bodies for one bed!

Well as I said some get down during the night , think Odin is the worst as he is 110 lbs and a big guy , He and Nelli both have anxiety issues where they have to be close or touching at all times Odin is the worst in bed as he MUST be touching Me at all times , yes there are times when " Ya just want your own space " but I find it a easy adjustment considering what I get back from him and the others .

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.