Give an inch and he takes a foot...

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
So we bought another crate and stuck it in our room in August for him to sleep in. He used to be gated in the kitchen at night. We just transitioned to leaving the crate open and he has been sleeping on his bed next to our bed. This weekend he decided that he was allowed in the bed. Every time one of us is in bed he leaps on; sometimes over us. So should I give in and let him sleep in the bed or stay firm? I have always wanted him to sleep on the bed but my husband is adamant about not letting him. We gave in last night but threw him out when he wouldn't settle.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Personally I wouldn't give in. We never let Harlea sleep with us but she would jump up on our bed while we were just in our room piddle farting around and never thought much of it. Then one day she jumped off and landed wrong and tore her ACL in the process.. No more getting on our bed at all for her.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I totally agree with [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] My dogs are not allowed on the bed for that reason. I would stick to him sleeping on the floor/in crate. Bullies are just like children,and if they can get away with something,they will-and then try something else! Mine don't get on furniture either(if I had some,they still wouldn't !)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Cute... but true don't give in. My bed is too high to jump on. I even have to raise a side butt to get on lol

But "dumbass" hubby sometimes puts her up and I walk in I see Ms Muffet all nice and comfy on my WHITE comfort on my side! DID YOUR MOTHER EVER DROP YOU ON YOUR HEAD? I ask! If she jumps she can break a leg!!! Do you think he lisen? Of course not he's a man!!! :D

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
We had Frank sleeping fine in his crate when he was a puppy until we had a temporary living situation where we caved and let him on the bed. We were never able to go back from that and while there are lots of comforting moments when he sleeps with us, there are so many times that I wish we kept him in his crate. We would sleep better for one. He often pushes me into uncomfortable positions and I cannot move him, so I need to go sleep on the couch or in our guest room. Second, now we just have a box spring and mattress on the floor with no frame so that it is low enough for him to get off easily and I miss having a raised bed.

Good luck with your decision! It is a toughie!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I totally agree with @Marine91 My dogs are not allowed on the bed for that reason. I would stick to him sleeping on the floor/in crate. Bullies are just like children,and if they can get away with something,they will-and then try something else! Mine don't get on furniture either(if I had some,they still wouldn't !)

So what happened to your furniture?

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
Dually sleeps in bed with us every night. However, he can not jump up or off the bed. I lift him up every night and lift him off every morning. I dont think I could sleep without his snoring and big old butt right next to me!! haha

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
No matter how much I want him in bed, I think he needs to stick to the floor. He is too much of a sleep disruption. The couch is totally fine though.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
My dogs have a coolaroo with a memory foam 4" bed on top of it,right beside my bed-that is where they sleep at night. [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] After my husband died,I sold the livingroom furniture-I don't have any reason for it. I only live in 1/2 the house,no visitors. Sad,ain't it.....lol!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
My dogs have a coolaroo with a memory foam 4" bed on top of it,right beside my bed-that is where they sleep at night. @rjisaterp After my husband died,I sold the livingroom furniture-I don't have any reason for it. I only live in 1/2 the house,no visitors. Sad,ain't it.....lol!

Well I'll be by to visit with ya and you can treat me to some of that clear liquid stuff that shines. We can talk bullies and whatever else is on your mind at the time. Don't you have any kids, brothers, and/or sisters to come and visit you?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] My sister lives in MD.-AA co. My son,the oldest(a minister) doesn't bother with me,don't know why,as YOU know I'm so nice :lmaogirl:my youngest son,who is probably your age...lives right up the road-he does call occasionally,but gotten engaged,and so it goes,,,,,,,,,,My husband was the social one, who used to drag me out-since he's gone,not so much. ship_13_animated.gif

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@rjisaterp My sister lives in MD.-AA co. My son,the oldest(a minister) doesn't bother with me,don't know why,as YOU know I'm so nice :lmaogirl:my youngest son,who is probably your age...lives right up the road-he does call occasionally,but gotten engaged,and so it goes,,,,,,,,,,My husband was the social one, who used to drag me out-since he's gone,not so much. View attachment 101004

Oh yea I remember that about your sister...Davidsonville. Shame about your kids. Sorry. If and when you visit you sister, give me a shout out.

BTW That is a nice rendition of the craft utilized for adventures :w00t:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] My dogs are my saviors!! You have an amazing memory! I would get in touch if I go to Md.-I am chicken of the rest stops....dancing chicken.gif

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] ...well maybe someday I'll be by. I have an Army acquaintance who lives in Hendersonville, TN. His wife use to play with one of the Grand Ole Opera stars daughter behind stage she said. Since I am not a C&W aficionado and the fact it is not on a post it note, I can't for the life of me remember her name. The little girl did become a star herself. At any rate...one day.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybe an EBN US Tour to see how many EBNer's there are and sell my hats (don't let [MENTION=8958]natski282[/MENTION] hear about it)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.