94d51dd49dcc9ace4d554d2459327eb7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=14618]2bulldogsstuff[/MENTION]...Chubbys skin used to be so bad but we switched him to science diet Z/D...the only thing is you need a prescription but after you get the prescription it is at Petsmart... that is the only kibble he eats...it took a little while but he is so much better now...Good luck 🖒

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
looks like some type of dermatitis.... try rubbing coconut oil on it for a few days and see if it helps. How old is Brett now?

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
looks like some type of dermatitis.... try rubbing coconut oil on it for a few days and see if it helps. How old is Brett now?

Will be 2 in October

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Will be 2 in October

Ok - then that should rule out mange. try the coconut oil, but you may want to have the vet check it out to make sure he does not need any type of other treatment. it could be allergy related -- no changes in the house or to his food?

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok - then that should rule out mange. try the coconut oil, but you may want to have the vet check it out to make sure he does not need any type of other treatment. it could be allergy related -- no changes in the house or to his food?

We moved to a new place over a week ago. I was thinking maybe that's a cause or something

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We moved to a new place over a week ago. I was thinking maybe that's a cause or something

Sure could.... might even be from stress of the move. Behavior ok?

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sure could.... might even be from stress of the move. Behavior ok?

Yes ma'am. Still sweet. Just moved too much when I was trying to take a pic [emoji30][emoji23]

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Get well soon, Brett!

On and off, Castor has small spots of hair falling out on his head and neck, leaving the skin looking a bit like that. When it got worse last week, we took him to the vet who discovered he had hot spots. They literally developed from one day to another and he went from looking a bit moth eaten to really sore. With that in mind, I would take Brett to the vet if it gets any worse!

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Get well soon, Brett!

On and off, Castor has small spots of hair falling out on his head and neck, leaving the skin looking a bit like that. When it got worse last week, we took him to the vet who discovered he had hot spots. They literally developed from one day to another and he went from looking a bit moth eaten to really sore. With that in mind, I would take Brett to the vet if it gets any worse!

I was thinking hot spots too. What did you ended giving Castor for it? Going to the vet later today

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I was thinking hot spots too. What did you ended giving Castor for it? Going to the vet later today

The vet told us to wash him daily with a shampoo called Triz Chlor 4 (shampoo, wait ten mins and then rinse) and then use aloe vera or a spray called Douxo Calm Gel (we use the latter). After about a week the skin is almost good so now we're just waiting for the coat to grow back.

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The vet told us to wash him daily with a shampoo called Triz Chlor 4 (shampoo, wait ten mins and then rinse) and then use aloe vera or a spray called Douxo Calm Gel (we use the latter). After about a week the skin is almost good so now we're just waiting for the coat to grow back.

We went and said most likely from the stress of moving...and maybe allergies also maybe reactions from flea bites since hair loss so just in case getting flea prevention since it's a new place. Can I get those shampoo on Amazon or its prescription? I use NuStock for hair to grow back and it works wonders

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We went and said most likely from the stress of moving...and maybe allergies also maybe reactions from flea bites since hair loss so just in case getting flea prevention since it's a new place. Can I get those shampoo on Amazon or its prescription? I use NuStock for hair to grow back and it works wonders

Good that you don't have to deal with hot spots! I think the shampoo stuff is available on Amazon - we bought it at the vet's and it wasn't on prescription (so most likely not on prescription in the US - we seem to have stricter rules on things like that here!). The Triz Chlor shampoo contains Chlorhexidine. We have used Douxo shampoo before (also Chlorhexidine) but the vet said Triz Chlor is more efficient and it seems good. She recommended I use gloves as it dries out the skin. And I must look inte NuStock - not available here from what I can see but I found it on Amazon!

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good that you don't have to deal with hot spots! I think the shampoo stuff is available on Amazon - we bought it at the vet's and it wasn't on prescription (so most likely not on prescription in the US - we seem to have stricter rules on things like that here!). The Triz Chlor shampoo contains Chlorhexidine. We have used Douxo shampoo before (also Chlorhexidine) but the vet said Triz Chlor is more efficient and it seems good. She recommended I use gloves as it dries out the skin. And I must look inte NuStock - not available here from what I can see but I found it on Amazon!

NuStock is a life saver! Brett had mange before and after the dip treatment I started putting NuStock on and the hair grew back pretty quickly

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
NuStock is a life saver! Brett had mange before and after the dip treatment I started putting NuStock on and the hair grew back pretty quickly

Ah, sounds like something Castor needs to get! Thanks for the tip!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online