Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone know what caused this

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Anyone know what caused this

Quote Originally Posted by 2bulldogsstuff View Post
    We went and said most likely from the stress of moving...and maybe allergies also maybe reactions from flea bites since hair loss so just in case getting flea prevention since it's a new place. Can I get those shampoo on Amazon or its prescription? I use NuStock for hair to grow back and it works wonders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good that you don't have to deal with hot spots! I think the shampoo stuff is available on Amazon - we bought it at the vet's and it wasn't on prescription (so most likely not on prescription in the US - we seem to have stricter rules on things like that here!). The Triz Chlor shampoo contains Chlorhexidine. We have used Douxo shampoo before (also Chlorhexidine) but the vet said Triz Chlor is more efficient and it seems good. She recommended I use gloves as it dries out the skin. And I must look inte NuStock - not available here from what I can see but I found it on Amazon!

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

2. Likes 2BullyMama, 2bulldogsstuff liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training 2bulldogsstuff's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    Good that you don't have to deal with hot spots! I think the shampoo stuff is available on Amazon - we bought it at the vet's and it wasn't on prescription (so most likely not on prescription in the US - we seem to have stricter rules on things like that here!). The Triz Chlor shampoo contains Chlorhexidine. We have used Douxo shampoo before (also Chlorhexidine) but the vet said Triz Chlor is more efficient and it seems good. She recommended I use gloves as it dries out the skin. And I must look inte NuStock - not available here from what I can see but I found it on Amazon!
    NuStock is a life saver! Brett had mange before and after the dip treatment I started putting NuStock on and the hair grew back pretty quickly

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2bulldogsstuff View Post
    NuStock is a life saver! Brett had mange before and after the dip treatment I started putting NuStock on and the hair grew back pretty quickly

Ah, sounds like something Castor needs to get! Thanks for the tip!

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

5. Likes 2bulldogsstuff liked this post
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Louie
    Likes (Received)

Try a grain-free food. If you think it is a food allergy, make up your own elimination diet.

Good Luck!

Patti & Louie

7. Likes 2bulldogsstuff liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training 2bulldogsstuff's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    Try a grain-free food. If you think it is a food allergy, make up your own elimination diet.

Good Luck!

Patti & Louie
    They been on Fromm Grain-free beef Fritata or pork and peas. I'm guessing because we moved few weeks ago it might've been the cause

9. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads