sdefilippo

Jul 4, 2016
Upstate, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno, Lola (2012 - 2016)
On Friday, July 1st, I lost my loved English Bully, Lola. On Sunday, July 3rd, my family went out with me to save another. Through my tears and sadness I said I could not handle an empty house without snorts, drool and wiggles, so my father dug into his savings to pay the rehoming fee (even at 33, you are never too old for your father!)

Juno was purchased from a breeder to pump out puppies her whole life. After she became pregnant the first time, the veterinarian found she had a hereditary disease where she could not have puppies. The “sack” inside of her was only had puppy parts in it, and she needed to be spayed right then and there. After paying thousands for her, the purchaser was angry and admitted that as heartless and cold as it sounds, he had no use for her if she could not breed.

I drove 2 hours away to save her. I do not care about breeding. It was perfect timing. I just lost my Lola and Juno needed a home that would actually love her regardless of whether she could make money or not. She is 13 months.

She was so timid, but came around quickly once she began to experience love and affection. She adores her bed and toys. I do not think she has ever had them before. She “hoards” her toys probably in fear they will be taken from her. She cowers sometimes when my boyfriend and I go to pet her, but immediately relaxes once she sees that we will not hurt her. In the morning when I get up for work, she is full of wiggles and happiness. She loves to run and bound in the yard.

Yesterday I brought her to a family function in the park. She could only stay an hour because it was so hot outside, but she did great. She was not afraid of anyone and was loving the attention.

I really think she will be perfect for us. She needed us just as much as we needed her. I am so glad we were able to save her and look forward to giving her a wonderful, amazing life with no fear ever again.

Attachments

• 20160704_162058.jpg
    20160704_162058.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 177

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
What a heartwarming story from start to finish. Juno is a beautiful girl and I sure hope to hear more about her adventures and see more photos!!!!

Brian Karn

May 6, 2016
Welcome home Juno! Glad you found your way home and the part you play in the healing of your new family. Enjoy your new life!!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
So very sorry you lost your beloved bully, it does hurt so much.

Juno is a beautiful girl and so very lucky to have been adopted
by you...thank you for opening your heart & home to her.

Welcome to EBN, we look forward to many pics of Juno :)

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
Juno is perfect! I'm so happy you guys found each other! Can't wait to see more pics!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful..... very happy tears and a warm heart reading this story!

Give Juno a great big hug from us all and thank you giving her a great new home

Paulita89

Aug 17, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Greco
Yay ! Wonderful story . Lola sent you Juno. Rip sweet Lola and welcome home Juno

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

OP
sdefilippo

sdefilippo

Jul 4, 2016
Upstate, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno, Lola (2012 - 2016)
Thank you all so much. I'm so glad I joined. This forum makes me so happy. Juno is doing so great. She is the happiest bully. She just wants to be loved all the time and is realizing it's okay to be a pup and play.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Florasaurus

May 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bluebelle
So cute! Congrats on your new bull baby :) glad you rescued her

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Congratulations on your New Baby. You are Wonderful for saving Juno. God Bless You and All of Your Family.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.