We've just been busy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This might be our last move or second to last. (Fingers crossed) Major Stu is at 20 years in 6 years - he is going to try to figure out how to stay in CO for the next 6 if possible - at least 4 is for certain.

We bought an amazing house in CO too so even if he has to go somewhere for 2 years to complete his 20 I'm staying in CO LOL

396c2a143e982d434f251a80e3434029.jpg

587a623d21725f77491746da82ad803a.jpg

b74f5d2ce84b6c27beb13ce54c8cfe34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOLY WOW!!! that is gorgeous!!
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=9956]nubonics[/MENTION] What a beautiful home! Best of luck to you all. Most of all-watch out for BEARS!!!!!!

Yes (mountain) lions, (no tigers but coyotes) bears oh my!!

This was also the reasoning behind adopting a Great Dane so he could look big and fierce to predators but really be a couch potato. The house does have an enclosed dog run that we are just going to need to put a fenced top on it to keep the coyotes and mountain lions from jumping it. It is already 2feet dug into the ground.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
That's a beautiful mountain home. We close on a home in Morrison (but right at the edge of Conifer off of 285/Turkey Creeek) on the 15th. Where are you guys going to be at? I'm a bit nervous about the Bears as we don't have a fence for the kiddos. We'll be installed a stable mesh and timber fence the very next day we unload. I'm more concerned with the mountain lions thougths. Black bears in generally will leave you alone (they are known to be preadorty though). I'm literally losing sleep over it right now. :eek:

Here's a few of the local bears that have been on the property we bought. Oh and our new to us home. :D

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
And a big playset
image.jpeg

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] We are relocating to Manitou Springs - about an hour so south of you.

I'm not too worried about the bears - a few of our friends who hunt in CO have told us they scare off easily - we plan to make scare crows that we can move around each day to keep the Bears at bay. I've heard that bear bells will keep away the Bears but it can cause those dang mountain lions to come around because they become curious about the noise

I am most terrified of the mountain lions and coyotes, especially since I have a 20 Boston terrier mix. Fortunately I work remotely so I can watch and monitor the dogs while they are outside and hopefully be able to scare of any predators with some blanks...or pepper spray shots...

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=9956]nubonics[/MENTION], Manatu Springs is really nice. Congrats! I bet your anxious to get settled in to your new home. What made you choose MS? I actually bought a bell (a cow bell too, ha). I'll probably put the small small on Wilson & Emma when we're outside. I work from home too, quite nice it is! I did buy some bear spray cause I jsut had to have it. lol. I'd be worry too about your Boston mix, the coyotes and mountains lions will scoop they up within a blink of an eye. The mountain lions can jump a 12' fence, so I've heard, so mine unfortunately will no longer be roaming outside in the yard freely. They'll have 2 decks with no ground access to sun on though.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] Yes - I've heard about the jumping capabilities of both coyotes and mountain lions. Believe it or not we have coyotes in northern VA (DC suburbs area). I saw one walking on the other side of our fenced yard when we first moved into the area. At first I thought I was an extremely large fox but after I did research I realized it was a coyote and that there had been coyote warnings for a while in the area!

The dog run that the house has just doesn't have a top so I've heard if it is completely enclosed we can have a safe zone for the dogs to be outside.

My husband is going to be stationed at Ft Carson for at least the next 4 years. We decided, after our experience in VA that the suburban life wasn't for us. We either wanted to be in a rural area or the city.

We looks around Colorado Springs and Old Colorado Springs and nothing really stood out to us.

Our retirement dream is to have a cabin in the mountains with a perfect view - so this literally is our dream home. It is located in an gated community called Crystal Park, so we have HOA fees but the awesome part is that it covers having the snow plowed and trees cut back. We also have some cool amenities like a pool and a fishing pond.

Funny story, when we were looking at houses in Crystal park, the first house we looked at (our second choice house) had an all white English bulldog that might as well been Curly's twin and a little Boston terrier. We looked around the house and the pictures indicated that the husband was Indian and the wife was Caucasian (Opposite of my husband and me - he's Caucasian and I'm Indian). We for sure thought that house would be the winner but then we saw this home which was a million times a better fit for us.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Oh - and we literally moved out of VA today. We're officially homeless until we close on our house on Wednesday lol. I'm actually staying with my parents in Philly right now during the transition to CO

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Oh - and we literally moved out of VA today. We're officially homeless until we close on our house on Wednesday lol. I'm actually staying with my parents in Philly right now during the transition to CO

Hi Homeless Nu. How is my buddy Curly doing? I don't envy you and the move. Your house is really beautiful and I hope the freakin' fires that CO recently had stay away from you and the family as well as those pesky critters.

It took the wife and I 2.5 days to get to Co Springs driving in 2013 but we were without pets...Just stayed on I-70 to Limon then took a CO Rd southwest to Co Springs. We did pass by Ft. Riley...but we kept on driving by. We waved though. Tell Maj. Stu hello from a retired 1SG.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] Yes - I've heard about the jumping capabilities of both coyotes and mountain lions. Believe it or not we have coyotes in northern VA (DC suburbs area). I saw one walking on the other side of our fenced yard when we first moved into the area. At first I thought I was an extremely large fox but after I did research I realized it was a coyote and that there had been coyote warnings for a while in the area!

The dog run that the house has just doesn't have a top so I've heard if it is completely enclosed we can have a safe zone for the dogs to be outside.

My husband is going to be stationed at Ft Carson for at least the next 4 years. We decided, after our experience in VA that the suburban life wasn't for us. We either wanted to be in a rural area or the city.

We looks around Colorado Springs and Old Colorado Springs and nothing really stood out to us.

Our retirement dream is to have a cabin in the mountains with a perfect view - so this literally is our dream home. It is located in an gated community called Crystal Park, so we have HOA fees but the awesome part is that it covers having the snow plowed and trees cut back. We also have some cool amenities like a pool and a fishing pond.

Funny story, when we were looking at houses in Crystal park, the first house we looked at (our second choice house) had an all white English bulldog that might as well been Curly's twin and a little Boston terrier. We looked around the house and the pictures indicated that the husband was Indian and the wife was Caucasian (Opposite of my husband and me - he's Caucasian and I'm Indian). We for sure thought that house would be the winner but then we saw this home which was a million times a better fit for us.

On that dog run that doesn't have a closed top, get it closed asap if your fur kids will be unattended. Mountain Lions have been known to jump inside. We plan to do an enclosed run down the road, right now it's just a 6' boarder fence. The kiddos won't be unattended at all but I'm still quite nervous. There's a video of a Mountain Lion that snuck up on a Doberman that was chained up and left outside at night. He survived (I think) and it's not an easy video to watch but one that will show the power of a mountain lion against a larger dog. You can google it. It's hard watching though.

That's funny on the nationality of owners of the one home and you two before reversed. I'd bet that doesn't happen too often? How nice to be in a gated community and an HOA too. HOA's have pros and cons. We have one now but won't in the new place, which means our new neighbor who's couch is sitting on top of a pull cart in the front yard won't be moving anytime soon. I'm oftened surprised how trashed up some of the mountain yards can be. Oh well, we'll be blocking that neighbor off with a new 10x16' shed.

Holler if you need any info or anything. I don't check in but every couple of days. Are you on FB?

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
On that dog run that doesn't have a closed top, get it closed asap if your fur kids will be unattended. Mountain Lions have been known to jump inside. We plan to do an enclosed run down the road, right now it's just a 6' boarder fence. The kiddos won't be unattended at all but I'm still quite nervous. There's a video of a Mountain Lion that snuck up on a Doberman that was chained up and left outside at night. He survived (I think) and it's not an easy video to watch but one that will show the power of a mountain lion against a larger dog. You can google it. It's hard watching though.

That's funny on the nationality of owners of the one home and you two before reversed. I'd bet that doesn't happen too often? How nice to be in a gated community and an HOA too. HOA's have pros and cons. We have one now but won't in the new place, which means our new neighbor who's couch is sitting on top of a pull cart in the front yard won't be moving anytime soon. I'm oftened surprised how trashed up some of the mountain yards can be. Oh well, we'll be blocking that neighbor off with a new 10x16' shed.

Holler if you need any info or anything. I don't check in but every couple of days. Are you on FB?

Will do! We plan on having it enclosed before we move out there if possible but if not, within the first couple of weeks.

Feel free to friend me on FB

https://www.facebook.com/nu.singhdubrier

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Thanks for the love everyone! We officially leave for CO on the 23rd of July. The movers came for all of our stuff on Friday so we are technically "homeless" right now.

My husband is staying at a hotel in VA and I'm at my parents' place in Philly. My husband is going to Spain for a couple of weeks starting Friday so Curly will be staying at my sister's place in Philly while he is gone.

Then he comes back, has 10 more days of work at the pentagon and we're off!

So as confusing as all that sounds is as confusing my life is right now! You will hear/see more of us after the move.

Not confusing at all to me. I am just a retired (oops transitioned to civilian life) NCO who fully understands the intricacies of military life. Been there and done that. 24 years worth. "3 bags full sir!"

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I LOVE your new house! Congratulations! My dream home is either secluded on the beachside or exactly your setup with awesome mountain views. Colorado is awesome, you'll enjoy it. Definitely close in that dog run, and maybe think about getting a small shotgun. My dad uses one to scare away coyotes on his land and he says just the sound makes them scatter normally.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.