MUD FUN!!!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Oh man! It's been a crazy non-stop few weeks. And still not close to ending. My daughter plays softball- travel and rec. Well, the season ended, but she was chosen for the all star team. So practices EVERY NIGHT last week, this week and next week. Couple that with a travel tournament this weekend. Needless to say, I'm exhausted. THats probably why I just let this boy go to town in the puddle. Lol - although I shot myself in the butt bc then I had to give both dogs a bath at 8pm!!!

https://vimeo.com/169794070

5e1e17afd73d0917ae34d76fae1e39be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Too funny... even enjoying playing in it. Very soon for the cherry eye surgery :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:rofl: He had a blast!

Good to see you.... Best of luck to your daughter

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Looks like fun too me!!

I have 3 nephews ages 7,8,9 who play USSSA travel baseball that I watch almost every weekend when they play close. They have played in both carolinas and other parts of tennessee already this year with 6 more weeks left for the 7yr old and the other two are joining out of town teams and hoping to go to disney for the world series tournament. I think they play too much and i quit playing at age 13 because I was burned out and played 3/4 the games they play now per year.

My oldest nephew played his last high school game a few weeks ago and turned down 3 scholarships to smaller colleges to play ball because he says he only played to make my brother happy and now that he's 18 he's done.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
TOO CUTE!!! You're a great Mom!!! Sometimes they just gotta have FUN FUN FUN :)

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Looks like fun too me!!

I have 3 nephews ages 7,8,9 who play USSSA travel baseball that I watch almost every weekend when they play close. They have played in both carolinas and other parts of tennessee already this year with 6 more weeks left for the 7yr old and the other two are joining out of town teams and hoping to go to disney for the world series tournament. I think they play too much and i quit playing at age 13 because I was burned out and played 3/4 the games they play now per year.

My oldest nephew played his last high school game a few weeks ago and turned down 3 scholarships to smaller colleges to play ball because he says he only played to make my brother happy and now that he's 18 he's done.

Wow!!! I agree, that's definitely too much! Our travel team is very new. Barely a year that we've been together. But all of our girls have played rec ball for a few years together. Our coaches started our travel team bc they wanted to go to the next level- but not wanting to drain our girls - or the parents. We all work, none of us are rich and we all have lives outside of softball. Our team is very close- more like family. During the school year we average about 1 tournament a month, sometimes 2. But all are local or no more than a 2 hour drive. We did win free entry to one of the myrtle beach tournaments in July, but we've known about it for months. Our girls have really worked hard and have come out with 1st or 2nd in most of the tournaments we've played. But at the end of the day, our lives don't revolve around it. Although the last few weeks have. Lol - this rec season was a lesson learned. None of us will be playing rec and travel ball simultaneously again. We all would rather just focus on travel.
I've always left it up to my daughter how hard she wants to play and she knows the work involved. I told her as long as she enjoys it and wants to do it, then I'll back her up. She knows she can stop whenever she wants.
Even with as busy as she's been these last couple of months, she's still ended the school year with straight A's, all 5's on EOG's (highest level for end of grade tests), with having the highest score in 5th grade on her science EOG, perfect attendance and a school eagle award (only 2 students from each class get this award for just great overall achievement).
I'm so proud of her. So as long as she continues to thrive in whatever makes her happy- and understands my limitations as well, I'm happy to continue to support her.
She's so been watching the college finals and says she wants to be one of those girls when she's in college.
So GOD willing, she'll continue to do great things!
182803c1550e08849c8ae01b9e55fd55.jpg
8351db5b9818a9f8b2d3447d165c564e.jpg
https://vimeo.com/170006784

Most Reactions