Canelo And Couch Training

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
In January I told Husband I want new furniture. The wear from Canelo the couch potato has the couch looking rough! It has to be leather, I would love it to be tough so Canelo can be on it so I figured getting a brown, distressed leather would work. But we love our furniture and Husband wanted to stay with what we have and the couch is still available so we could get a replacement that looks like the first. So Husband says Canelo will have to learn to not get on the furniture anymore. OK, good luck with that Honey. So here is a video I took to show Husband how well his training was going. When Husband saw this he just cracked up. This is Husband leaving for work.

https://youtu.be/P4I4WqwSyzI

We are now looking for brown, distressed leather again, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
The king and his throne must not be messed with.

We got new couches, and I purchased covers for them, if not they'd be covered in hair, drool, snot and butt wipes by now. Lol

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I REFUSE to have any dog on my couch. Never did in all these years of dog owning. Started well with Nyala. But damm husband raises the recliner and Miss Muffet jumps now to sleep or watch tv with him. My GS had no choice cause he was 115lbs n long but Nyala is getting away with murder with dh. His excuse is... "but she's smaaaall" pffffft.... if I say no to her she wont come up. If I leave she goes on her own in her kennel till I come back. Sometimes she might be on her bed. My Dobermans I had did what your Canelo does when you leave the house. I had just bought brand new sofas and I would see then little hair in the sofa. One trick that never fails is mouse traps. They work amazingly well. Put them all over not just one or two...a few. These dogs are big enough so nothing will get caught in mouse traps.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:rofl: We buy brown leather too... it is great for the pups, us and company --- just wipe it off and all is good!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Mine are ONLY allowed on the big chair and ottoman- but only if they are covered. I have beige, knit couches. Obviously didn't have dogs when we bought them. Lol- but all the covers get washed weekly. They are pretty good about staying off until we cover it back.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I love my brown leather furniture but I wipe it all down once or twice per week. I don't let Chunky on the cloth furniture in the bonus room but nobody is ever in there except for me late at night sometimes when I watch a movie since the surround sound is better in that room.

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
We got leather because of the pugs. I had a chenille sofa, loved it, but forget getting hair off it. I told Husband this couch might have to be kept and it is "Canelo's Couch". I love that they wipe down easy. And I have a recliner. I put the ottoman close enough to where I can left the footrest on the recliner and Canelo comes up and sits with me on the foot rest. It's snuggle time, lol.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
HA HA HA had tears in My eye,s , Ya stupid Daddy as you said GL with that honey !

002.jpgcouch 011.jpg002.jpg this is our couch on a slow day , was thinking Daddy,d day is coming and you can see in the first pic and 2nd pic stairs for the dogs especially the Bulldogs as they can have joint issues , was just a thought for a nice Daddy,s day present from Canelo to his Dad, got ours on Amazon think less then $40.00 CDN

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online