Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
I found this group! Since I joined I have switched Biscuits food, added apple cider vinegar in her water, wiped her face rolls daily, and just started adding coconut oil to her food. I've owned dogs all my life and it's now apparent how "different" bulldogs are! In just 2 weeks the little tear staining she has is almost completely gone. The pic in the flowers was 2 weeks ago and the next one was yesterday. She is looking wonderful!

Also an update to her fighting with my other girl dog. I talked to several trainers who told me what to do as far as her training and watching her cues. I work with her daily now and she now has a solid sit/down/stay. I can even ask her down/stay when I open the front door and she won't move! She has not had a single fight with my girl since the last one 3-4 weeks ago. And there was a HUGE test yesterday, my toddler dropped an entire bowl of potato chips between the 2 of them and they both went to eat them without so much as a growl!

We still have one issue left to tackle though and that is her picking on my rescue dog. He is the bottom of the pecking order... very very scared and submissive and I feel she picks up on that. And she chases him into the dog room and pins him in a corner :-(. I'm going to keep correcting her and asserting myself as Alpha until she gets it. She also still wants to chase the cat but that is WAY better than it was. My husband isn't a big fan of hers because of these 2 things, he thinks she is a big bully so I want these corrected so he can finally be ok with her.

Here are a few of pics of her and my girls :D

Biscuit happy I'm home.jpg
Biscuit tear stain.jpgBiscuit on porch.jpg
Biscuit and Ryan.jpgBiscuit and Sky silly face.jpg

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
So HAPPY to hear that Biscuit is doing great, and improving by the day! We have such a wonderful, helpful group here!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Awww, what a GREAT update on Biscuit! You've been working very hard with her and it's paying off! The pictures are so cute too :D

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Well you're doing a fantastic job. You're doing everything you need to do. The pinning in a corner will provoke a fight eventually but I know you're on that too. Hard to work on a dog 24/7 when you already have a small child to take care of. Sad your husband is not keen on Biscuit as dogs sense that and you being the peace maker. You're a strong woman and your training is showing results so....you're doing something right!!! Pad on YOUR back Missy. :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
BEAUTIFUL girls... all of them! So glad she is doing a lot better.... stay on top of her and those two things will also settle out, your rescue pup is going to be the tougher of the two especially if Biscuit knows she is the 'weakest link'.

keep up the great work and thanks for the up and wonderful pictures.

OP
Biscuitsmom

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Well you're doing a fantastic job. You're doing everything you need to do. The pinning in a corner will provoke a fight eventually but I know you're on that too. Hard to work on a dog 24/7 when you already have a small child to take care of. Sad your husband is not keen on Biscuit as dogs sense that and you being the peace maker. You're a strong woman and your training is showing results so....you're doing something right!!! Pad on YOUR back Missy. :yes:

Thank you! Yeah it has sparked a few fights and one time my other dog jumped in. However this ONLY seems to happen when we are outside with them. They can all 4 be outside together and perfectly fine, we step out and she chases him off the deck and into the room with the dog door. I'll continue to correct her.

I agree with what you said about my husband and I'm not sure why he feels that way. For one she is still young, just 11 months so of course she isn't perfect yet. I was also the one who pushed to get her and he's obviously attached to our other dogs more than her, so when he sees her try to hurt them it makes him upset. He also says I "spoil" her over the other dogs which ok maybe I do a bit but it's because she NEEDS the most attention right now if that makes sense. It's a work in progress but we are making huge strides day by day and I thank you all so much!

OP
Biscuitsmom

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
BEAUTIFUL girls... all of them! So glad she is doing a lot better.... stay on top of her and those two things will also settle out, your rescue pup is going to be the tougher of the two especially if Biscuit knows she is the 'weakest link'.

keep up the great work and thanks for the up and wonderful pictures.

Thank you so much!! I agree it will be more work with this issue which again seems "new" but must still be tied to her moving on from that "puppy" stage to her adult dominate stage. See he won't retaliate, we don't know what happened to him before we got him but after 6 years he is still scared of everything including us most of the time. Biscuit seems pretty smart though so I'm hoping with several corrections she will figure it all out. She is quite the pistol that one!

- - - Updated - - -

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you so much!! I agree it will be more work with this issue which again seems "new" but must still be tied to her moving on from that "puppy" stage to her adult dominate stage. See he won't retaliate, we don't know what happened to him before we got him but after 6 years he is still scared of everything including us most of the time. Biscuit seems pretty smart though so I'm hoping with several corrections she will figure it all out. She is quite the pistol that one!

- - - Updated - - -

her 'personality' is reminding me of my Banks.... pistol is a good word for it. I used "beeotch" :D

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
Beautiful girl! So glad this site has helped you (it's helped me a lot as well!) and hopefully things will continue to improve!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm so glad to hear Buscuit is doing good. EBN is a great place to learn about your bully! Stay tough on her and she will learn she can't behave like that to your rescue.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.