Nyala after 5km walk .jpg
Nyala after her 5km brisk walk lol

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Wow. I have a hard time getting mine to go twice around the block. What's your secret?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Lockjaw can go like the energizer bunny. Penny- she's a different story. She like new areas. But once she's bored, she will stop and just lay down. Or stop and slip out of her collar (k9 Julius gets here tomorrow). It's funny how different they are. Nyala looks like she'll be sleeping well for the next few hours. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Wow. I have a hard time getting mine to go twice around the block. What's your secret?

I start them young but not too long or far. At 3 months I just went around the block. 4 months at parks but always on a leash. While she's looking at other dogs and wanting to go play she's already done one km without realizing it. Few weeks later add 2 more rounds of walking in the park. Today she's a whole big 7 months old she trots but when I see she's slowing down I will to just for a min walking slower pace while chatting with her so she forgets she's walking. Next thing you know she's back trotting and voilà, we're home. :)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw can go like the energizer bunny. Penny- she's a different story. She like new areas. But once she's bored, she will stop and just lay down. Or stop and slip out of her collar (k9 Julius gets here tomorrow). It's funny how different they are. Nyala looks like she'll be sleeping well for the next few hours. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope she slept 15 mins snoring. As soon as I said "com'on Nyala let's go outside.... She's at the door. What she didn't know I had her stuff ready for a bath outside in the little pool. Now she's allll purrrrty n smells nice. Lol

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sneak attack!!' LMBObeside!

Trying to build her up so I can bring her with me beside the bike. Pedal bike not my motorcycle. Lolll
Probably need a basket to put her in if she's tired. :)

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Trying to build her up so I can bring her with me beside the bike. Pedal bike not my motorcycle. Lolll

Ive seen people with bike trailers for their dogs biking around here. Chunky will only go for about a 1/2 mile in my neighborhood before he stops and waits on me to turn around and go home. Luckily I could always tale a short cut through some yards if he completely quit but he hasn't yet. He is faster on the way home than on the way out though.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ive seen people with bike trailers for their dogs biking around here. Chunky will only go for about a 1/2 mile in my neighborhood before he stops and waits on me to turn around and go home. Luckily I could always tale a short cut through some yards if he completely quit but he hasn't yet. He is faster on the way home than on the way out though.

Probably runs home right? Lol
Hey for now it works with Nyala. Who knows down the road. So im pushing her butt so she doesn't become lazy either.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Probably runs home right? Lol
Hey for now it works with Nyala. Who knows down the road. So im pushing her butt so she doesn't become lazy either.

My neighborhood is all hills if you stay on the sidewalk so he doesn't run when we go for longer walks but will jog for a 100 yards or so when we are headed back to the house after he uses the bathroom on short walks. He wont go in my yard but and likes the field down the street that other neighborhood dogs use and deer hangout in all the time.

He likes to stop and smell or eat stuff when walking away from the house but always heads straight back without stopping. Just another bulldog thing i guess. He's definitely quirky

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

WOW… we used to do that w/our boxer, but I could never imagine doing that w/a bulldog. I'm lucky to get my guys around the block… they would probably go longer, I'm just worried about their breathing.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
WOW… we used to do that w/our boxer, but I could never imagine doing that w/a bulldog. I'm lucky to get my guys around the block… they probably go longer, I'm just worried about their breathing.

I wouldn't force her. I would see how far she can take it. a mile is better than anything. so long it keeps her going and doesn't become a potato couch. all depends on her. not there yet. It's not for all dogs so if it's too hard on her I would never push her till she drops. Also her nose is a bit long than most bulldogs. probably why she can do 5km. I go very early in the morning so it's still nice n cool. will see where the baby steps takes us. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.