Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I'm pooped out

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Probably runs home right? Lol
    Hey for now it works with Nyala. Who knows down the road. So im pushing her butt so she doesn't become lazy either.
    My neighborhood is all hills if you stay on the sidewalk so he doesn't run when we go for longer walks but will jog for a 100 yards or so when we are headed back to the house after he uses the bathroom on short walks. He wont go in my yard but and likes the field down the street that other neighborhood dogs use and deer hangout in all the time.

He likes to stop and smell or eat stuff when walking away from the house but always heads straight back without stopping. Just another bulldog thing i guess. He's definitely quirky

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Trying to build her up so I can bring her with me beside the bike. Pedal bike not my motorcycle. Lolll
    Probably need a basket to put her in if she's tired.
    WOW… we used to do that w/our boxer, but I could never imagine doing that w/a bulldog. I'm lucky to get my guys around the block… they would probably go longer, I'm just worried about their breathing.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    WOW… we used to do that w/our boxer, but I could never imagine doing that w/a bulldog. I'm lucky to get my guys around the block… they probably go longer, I'm just worried about their breathing.
    I wouldn't force her. I would see how far she can take it. a mile is better than anything. so long it keeps her going and doesn't become a potato couch. all depends on her. not there yet. It's not for all dogs so if it's too hard on her I would never push her till she drops. Also her nose is a bit long than most bulldogs. probably why she can do 5km. I go very early in the morning so it's still nice n cool. will see where the baby steps takes us.

4. Likes ddnene liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    My neighborhood is all hills if you stay on the sidewalk so he doesn't run when we go for longer walks but will jog for a 100 yards or so when we are headed back to the house after he uses the bathroom on short walks. He wont go in my yard but and likes the field down the street that other neighborhood dogs use and deer hangout in all the time.

He likes to stop and smell or eat stuff when walking away from the house but always heads straight back without stopping. Just another bulldog thing i guess. He's definitely quirky
    Hey at least your dog is moving! Lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads