Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 23

Thread: feeling blue

  1. #1
    Bulldog Walker Frith's Avatar
    Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    291
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    354

    Default feeling blue

    -win_20160417_102603-jpg
    Frith being steamed after a bath. They say she has aspiration pneumonia again, but the xrays showed no MegaE, so now they are confused.
    Fritthy

  2. #2
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,160
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11490

    Default Re: feeling blue

    Poor girl! I hope she heals up good this time --- hugs to you both


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  3. Likes CCandMurray, Manydogs liked this post
  4. #3
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Manydogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    10,645
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)
    6671

    Default Re: feeling blue

    Poor Frith, she has had so many troubles. I hope she feels better soon.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

  5. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
  6. #4
    Bulldog Vet in Training MFrey2012's Avatar
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,441
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)
    1872

    Default Re: feeling blue

    Feel Better Little Lady!!


    Thanks and much Love,

    Melissa - Ellie's Mom

  7. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
  8. #5
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,624
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)
    1543

    Default Re: feeling blue

    Poor baby nothing but hugs and positive thoughts and prayers from Murray and me!

  9. Likes Vikinggirl liked this post
  10. #6
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    5,036
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)
    6249

    Default Re: feeling blue

    Frith's a little trooper. I know I said this often, add some essential oils in your diffuser or whatever you are using. Essential oils been around for 1000's of yrs. Eucalyptus or peppermint organic oil will help clear the lungs. Nyala when I got her a few weeks later she had a cold with green guk coming out of her nose, eyes every minute. Her nose was the worst, all that green coming out of there wasn't funny. She took antibiotics but that first day I locked her up in her kennel at night with the diffuser above her kennel with both oils. While she was sleeping it just cleared up. It took 2 days and all that green guk was gone and turning clearish. I set the diffuser for 10hrs so it came on n off on it's own. My diffuser is ultrasonic as we all know oil dont mix with water. Sonic breaks the oil so it mixes.

  11. Likes ddnene, CCandMurray, Vikinggirl liked this post
  12. #7
    Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Location
    The Crown City (Pasadena)
    Posts
    9,013
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    1479
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default Re: feeling blue

    Precious little sweetheart! Hope she feels better very soon!




  13. #8
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,725
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5568

    Default Re: feeling blue

    I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope that your baby clears up soon… Have you thought about getting a second opinion? I'm not sure how you can be misdiagnosed as a mega e?!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  14. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
  15. #9
    Bulldog Walker Frith's Avatar
    Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    291
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    354

    Default Re: feeling blue

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope that your baby clears up soon… Have you thought about getting a second opinion? I'm not sure how you can be misdiagnosed as a mega e?!!
    She has had 4 xrays now--two within two weeks of taking Nexguard--those both show ME; the other two were taking four and five weeks after taking Nexguard--they both show normal esophagus. Of course it COULDN'T be the Nexguard--so now they are suggesting she has "intermittent ME"--I haven't been able to find any reference to this online at all.

    Her most recent bout (this one in the photo) cames 24 hours after putting a Seresto collar on her. But, again, it COULDN'T be the collar--that is just not possible. The two medications aren't even related (medications come in "families" depending upon how they work, and their base compound) When I suggested she is just simply sensitive or allergic to pesticides in general--I was told allergies don't present themselves this way. My vet has politely told me to take my dog elsewhere (I think I ask to many questions). He said: "you should find a specialist"

    Anyone know of a good vet remotely close to Bangor Maine?
    Fritthy

  16. #10
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,655
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    2067

    Default Re: feeling blue

    Ahhhh sweet Frith, sending get better soon vibes your way from Joey and I......
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

  17. #11
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,725
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5568

    Default Re: feeling blue

    Quote Originally Posted by Frith View Post
    She has had 4 xrays now--two within two weeks of taking Nexguard--those both show ME; the other two were taking four and five weeks after taking Nexguard--they both show normal esophagus. Of course it COULDN'T be the Nexguard--so now they are suggesting she has "intermittent ME"--I haven't been able to find any reference to this online at all.

    Her most recent bout (this one in the photo) cames 24 hours after putting a Seresto collar on her. But, again, it COULDN'T be the collar--that is just not possible. The two medications aren't even related (medications come in "families" depending upon how they work, and their base compound) When I suggested she is just simply sensitive or allergic to pesticides in general--I was told allergies don't present themselves this way. My vet has politely told me to take my dog elsewhere (I think I ask to many questions). He said: "you should find a specialist"

    Anyone know of a good vet remotely close to Bangor Maine?
    OH WOW REALLY?!! Well you should definitely take your dog somewhere else… IMO there is never TOO many questions to ask about the care of your baby. I'm SO grateful that my vet actually seems to enjoy my interest in my dog's care, and she doesn't make me feel like an idiot when she explains things in detail to me. I'm SO sorry you are dealing w/this on TOP of your dog being sick…

    Oh and BTW allergies most certainly DO represent themselves that way… MANY dogs are highly sensitive to pesticides, this is something that is ALL over the internet. Some vets are more interested in pushing product than the care and well being of the animals they treat. Once again this is just MY opinion.

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  18. #12
    Bulldog Walker Frith's Avatar
    Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    291
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    354

    Default Re: feeling blue

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    OH WOW REALLY?!! Well you should definitely take your dog somewhere else… IMO there is never TOO many questions to ask about the care of your baby. I'm SO grateful that my vet actually seems to enjoy my interest in my dog's care, and she doesn't make me feel like an idiot when she explains things in detail to me. I'm SO sorry you are dealing w/this on TOP of your dog being sick…

    Oh and BTW allergies most certainly DO represent themselves that way… MANY dogs are highly sensitive to pesticides, this is something that is ALL over the internet. Some vets are more interested in pushing product than the care and well being of the animals they treat. Once again this is just MY opinion.
    I completely agree, I know you can't believe everything you read, but hundreds, thousands of dogs with the same reaction? I was about to ask for the study, and it's sources, but I didn't.
    Fritthy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •