Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Frith's a little trooper. I know I said this often, add some essential oils in your diffuser or whatever you are using. Essential oils been around for 1000's of yrs. Eucalyptus or peppermint organic oil will help clear the lungs. Nyala when I got her a few weeks later she had a cold with green guk coming out of her nose, eyes every minute. Her nose was the worst, all that green coming out of there wasn't funny. She took antibiotics but that first day I locked her up in her kennel at night with the diffuser above her kennel with both oils. While she was sleeping it just cleared up. It took 2 days and all that green guk was gone and turning clearish. I set the diffuser for 10hrs so it came on n off on it's own. My diffuser is ultrasonic as we all know oil dont mix with water. Sonic breaks the oil so it mixes. :)

This is great information, I would never of thought of using a diffuser for the dogs, but it's just another example of what's good for us humans is also often good for dogs as well. What type of diffuser do you use? Is it the same type that you use in the kitchen like a Lamp de Berger? Also could you use the essential oils in a vaporizer and get the same result?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor baby. I hope Frith feels better soon. Have you tried giving her some immune boosting supplements like Probiotics or Apple Cider Vinegar to help her boost or strengthen her immune system?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
This is great information, I would never of thought of using a diffuser for the dogs, but it's just another example of what's good for us humans is also often good for dogs as well. What type of diffuser do you use? Is it the same type that you use in the kitchen like a Lamp de Berger? Also could you use the essential oils in a vaporizer and get the same result?

Mine is a Heavenly Scent ultrasonic ionizer Aromatherapy Diffuser. I paid around 100ish $ comes with little plastic cups inside. These cups you reuse the same one can last a year just one cup. But the most important thing is the oils. You will find tons out there but the real essential oils have a bin # on it so if there is a recall the can follow the bin #. No bin # they are fake and you're wasting your money. They will say, pure or 100% pure and they are not. BIN, BIN, BIN ! lol.... oh when you buy the real stuff you only need few drops that's it.

Lampe de Berger I heard of them but no not same thing. Oil n water dont mix, mine will break down the oils cause of ultrasonic ionizer. It gives out vapor. Helps for allergies if you get the right oils. Hey, put it this way, if I can finally sleep breathing well cause as you know coming from Canada, Alberta is so dry not funny. So good for me, good for Miss Muffet. :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Mine is a Heavenly Scent ultrasonic ionizer Aromatherapy Diffuser. I paid around 100ish $ comes with little plastic cups inside. These cups you reuse the same one can last a year just one cup. But the most important thing is the oils. You will find tons out there but the real essential oils have a bin # on it so if there is a recall the can follow the bin #. No bin # they are fake and you're wasting your money. They will say, pure or 100% pure and they are not. BIN, BIN, BIN ! lol.... oh when you buy the real stuff you only need few drops that's it.

Lampe de Berger I heard of them but no not same thing. Oil n water dont mix, mine will break down the oils cause of ultrasonic ionizer. It gives out vapor. Helps for allergies if you get the right oils. Hey, put it this way, if I can finally sleep breathing well cause as you know coming from Canada, Alberta is so dry not funny. So good for me, good for Miss Muffet. :)

Thanks for for the information and the response. Where would I buy one of these. Do you know the Brand name of the Diffuser? And where do you buy your oils from, a health store or on line? Thanks again for sharing any information you can. Glad you found something that works for you guys. I'm wondering if it would help my seasonal allergies, and my cat allergy?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Heavenly Scent - Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser - Aromatherapy (Essential Oils)

This is were I boughtymy extra cups but they do sell the diffuser I have. I bought mine from my aromatherapist which was the same price and the specific oils I needed for me. Ive always control my own breathing as I refuse to use pumps. Unless if I was very chronic well yes I wouldn't risk my health. Yes i dont see why it wouldn't help your allergies helps my grass allergies and I cut grass lollll Just make sure you read alot on what oils you need n you might need to mix a few drops of this n that for your specific allergies. We have a place her called SAJE for good oils with bin #. Contact the seller ask questions. I will try to find out for you what oils you will need for cat allergies. Will contact my therapist. :yes:

QUOTE=Vikinggirl;655884]Thanks for for the information and the response. Where would I buy one of these. Do you know the Brand name of the Diffuser? And where do you buy your oils from, a health store or on line? Thanks again for sharing any information you can. Glad you found something that works for you guys. I'm wondering if it would help my seasonal allergies, and my cat allergy?[/QUOTE]

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[https://theherbalacademy.com/how-to-choose-high-quality-essential-oils/

This might help you to understand what to look for in oils. Good quality oils will not be cheap but you won't need the whole bottle in a diffuser. I bought a mixture from my therapist who's from UK and UK are very well known for their oils. Example rose otto a small bottle from 150 -200$yes takes a lot of roses to make less than an ounce. I almost fell off my chair. Dont forget oil won't mix with water so if you put a few drops in your bath you need to mix it in like a dab of honey or bubble bath so it blends in the water n not float. Still waiting for the cat oil. She hasn't texted me :(

QUOTE=Vikinggirl;655884]Thanks for for the information and the response. Where would I buy one of these. Do you know the Brand name of the Diffuser? And where do you buy your oils from, a health store or on line? Thanks again for sharing any information you can. Glad you found something that works for you guys. I'm wondering if it would help my seasonal allergies, and my cat allergy?[/QUOTE]

OP
Frith

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
[https://theherbalacademy.com/how-to-choose-high-quality-essential-oils/

This might help you to understand what to look for in oils. Good quality oils will not be cheap but you won't need the whole bottle in a diffuser. I bought a mixture from my therapist who's from UK and UK are very well known for their oils. Example rose otto a small bottle from 150 -200$yes takes a lot of roses to make less than an ounce. I almost fell off my chair. Dont forget oil won't mix with water so if you put a few drops in your bath you need to mix it in like a dab of honey or bubble bath so it blends in the water n not float. Still waiting for the cat oil. She hasn't texted me :(

QUOTE=Vikinggirl;655884]Thanks for for the information and the response. Where would I buy one of these. Do you know the Brand name of the Diffuser? And where do you buy your oils from, a health store or on line? Thanks again for sharing any information you can. Glad you found something that works for you guys. I'm wondering if it would help my seasonal allergies, and my cat allergy?
[/QUOTE]

great info thank you, tried eucalyptos last night and frithy breathing much easier all night

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

great info thank you, tried eucalyptos last night and frithy breathing much easier all night

Great!!! im glad it helped. Like I said, oils been around for 1000 yrs. Must work its been around so long. Glad our little trooper coming around. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.