ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh how cute… boy my boxer Roxie girl LOVED to get a new soccer ball every spring. I miss my sweet girl...

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Here's hoping it lasts. I bought the Bounce N Play Jolly ball after the first soccer ball was popped and destroyed so quickly.

What is it with bulldogs and their balls? I've never had a dog so ball crazy.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Oh how cute… boy my boxer Roxie girl LOVED to get a new soccer ball every spring. I miss my sweet girl...

Reminds me of my GS. His whole mouth would like cover almost the whole ball then you would hear the famous sound... sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Here's hoping it lasts. I bought the Bounce N Play Jolly ball after the first soccer ball was popped and destroyed so quickly.

What is it with bulldogs and their balls? I've never had a dog so ball crazy.

Yes when I walked in with the ball and rolled it outside, she ran and jumped on it and she picked it right up from the ground. That's when I realized... hmmmm wonder how long that's going to last! Lolll

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
NICE!!

Banks killed soccer balls in seconds.... she loved destroying

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I gave up-too many dead soccer balls! Maude loves her jolly ball(with the handle) she's had it for 3 years!(it's only for outside.....)

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
OH!!! She is LOVING that ball!

Brutus loves balls so much. The other day, i was walking them and took them to the creek, there was a deflated soccer ball in it. OF COURSE Brutus took right off into the creek to get it, he wiggled out of his harness and jumped into the creek. it's deep in one part and he was heading toward that part, he refused to listen to me since he was trying to grab the ball it would float off in the water. So there i am screaming at him to "Brutus Here" and he's right near the deep part and i had to jump in and drag him back to the bank.....he's relentless when it comes to balls. I had to walk home soaking wet and cold.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
I gave up-too many dead soccer balls! Maude loves her jolly ball(with the handle) she's had it for 3 years!(it's only for outside.....)

Yeah someone told me how great the jolly balls were and in minutes the handle was chewed off........ Who told me that??

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
OH!!! She is LOVING that ball!

Brutus loves balls so much. The other day, i was walking them and took them to the creek, there was a deflated soccer ball in it. OF COURSE Brutus took right off into the creek to get it, he wiggled out of his harness and jumped into the creek. it's deep in one part and he was heading toward that part, he refused to listen to me since he was trying to grab the ball it would float off in the water. So there i am screaming at him to "Brutus Here" and he's right near the deep part and i had to jump in and drag him back to the bank.....he's relentless when it comes to balls. I had to walk home soaking wet and cold.

When you got home after warming up and took a deep breath and look at Brutus big sad eyes, you didn't smile or giggle from that event?

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
When you got home after warming up and took a deep breath and look at Brutus big sad eyes, you didn't smile or giggle from that event?

There was a ton of cussing and "bad dog" spewed toward him on the way home. He just went about with his jolly self. brutus doesn't have sad eyes, he has i'm a mischievous little monster eyes LOL.
I can only laugh cause the problems the three of us get into, if i didn't laugh i would cry.

About a month ago i was walking them and slipped in the mud and sprained my ankle. I was covered in mud, and they just stood there looking at me like..."Hey human, get up, it's OUR walk". I had to hobble home a half mile. I had to go to the dr and wear a boot for my ankle, it's STILL swollen and tender.
IMG_1714.JPGIMG_1715(1).JPG

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
There was a ton of cussing and "bad dog" spewed tow im on the way home. He just went about with his jolly self. brutus doesn't have sad eyes, he has i'm a mischievous little monster eyes LOL.
I can only laugh cause the problems the three of us get into, if i didn't laugh i would cry.

About a month ago i was walking them and slipped in the mud and sprained my ankle. I was covered in mud, and they just stood there looking at me like..."Hey human, get up, it's OUR walk". I had to hobble home a half mile. I had to go to the dr and wear a boot for my ankle, it's STILL swollen and tender.
View attachment 97464View attachment 97465

To be honest with you, I was cracking up at you post. Was too funny. I always laugh at myself. Your post reminded me about a few yrs back i took my GS to a creek like you for a walk on his 6ft training leash all 115lbs muscles no fat (building the scenario) im scanning the trail cause he was an aggressive dog so im there scanning while he sees water which he just love decides to yank me to the creek and me with my flip flops losing my balance down the hill and I say Major Heel... he stops but im still going down the hill cause of damm flip flops getting wet and slip sliding in mud into the creek ripped my pants all along my butt which I had to walk a km home wet, ripped pants on a busy road. Why i had flip flops walking Major? I have no clue as I never never wear flip flops for a 115lbs dog. Got home so pissed off at him but heh, what can you do but laugh. I miss my boy.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.