Took the boys to the lake....

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
They guys have had so much energy as of late that I decided that what we needed was some good old fashioned out door fun. It's getting a little colder here in VA, and yesterday night was perfect sitting at about 70 degrees.

I took them for a heavy round of fetch (they love tennis balls) and properly tired them out. Then I loaded them on the boat, and we did a quick little cruise.

4ffbea26a197e5a46f1a54d62fb53bea.jpg

73bae8af610fc410f8c8eee862bb0b05.jpg

8dfb454bb8d85b9168e8d1c4ed8547b4.jpg

Would have been nice to let the guys have a swim, but it was getting dark and chilly, and I didn't feel like dealing with wet doggies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Ahhh looks great To heck with them I wood have jumped in ha ha ha , Good lookin boys ya got love em

I would have if my wife was with me. I always worry they will jump in without their lifejackets and I won't be able to do anything about it. Taco (the fat one) sits at about 75lbs, and would sink like a brick. The puppy, Thor, could probably swim for days. They usually just bark at me until i get back on the boat.

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
nice. I wanted to see both of them wearing life jackets in case they decide to jump.

They wouldn't jump in, I can't even get them to jump in when they have their jackets on. They love it when I take them into the shallows though, and will do little laps out to where their feet can't touch and then swim back again, repeat.

I will have to order another lifejacket for Taco. He's outgrown his and it can be passed down to Thor. I'm not sure if I can find one big enough to wrap around Taco!

I'm always on the defense though, and definitely took my phone and keys out of my pockets in case one of them tried something crazy.

We also saw a bald eagle, so that was pretty rocking:

c13d21a09399b7b020235260c78b05b1.jpg

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Beautiful photos :) I'm so glad they won't jump, because like you said they would sink fast, and I think I would DIE....and then DIE trying to save them. lol

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I would have if my wife was with me. I always worry they will jump in without their lifejackets and I won't be able to do anything about it. Taco (the fat one) sits at about 75lbs, and would sink like a brick. The puppy, Thor, could probably swim for days. They usually just bark at me until i get back on the boat.

Ya have the same as you , they and kids did not get on the boat without life jackets , but I have done it on a pontoon boat as per the rails and gates , bullys like you said are like rocks tubby buggers lol , wish I had those muscles lol as they do its why they do not float FAT like Me floats ha ha ha , If I was with Ya they could have crawled up on Me all would be good , My Moto ( spellin ) is Once ya have had a EB ya will always have a EB lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Beautiful day and bully boys!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Great pictures!! The picture of the brindle reminds me of the scene in Titanic, when they were at the bow of the ship!! :loveeyes:

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Great pictures!! The picture of the brindle reminds me of the scene in Titanic, when they were at the bow of the ship!! :loveeyes:

He's crazy. He walked it like a tightrope wire for about a minute.

644e193eee98c19caa3a31fd8f1c0e00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magnum23

Dec 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
trixie
Nice picture, I likethe harnness, Do you mind telling me where Did you get it and the model?
Thanks in Advance!!

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Nice picture, I likethe harnness, Do you mind telling me where Did you get it and the model?
Thanks in Advance!!

Thanks! I don't mind at all. They are the Julius K9 you probably hear people talking about. They are so easy to put on and take off. I ordered mine through an American distributor through Amazon.com,but I believe the company is European. I can't see your location, bc Im using a 3rd part app on my phone, but I can pm you the seller when I get home!

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Thanks!!!

On Amazon.com the seller is called Las Vegas K9 Inc. They are very quick in getting them out. My big guy (about 75lbs) was a size 2. My little guy, about 50lbs, was a size 1, and his fits like a glove. Taco is a weird shape and it's a little harder to get the sweet spot on him.

Great pics

Thank you! All with the iPhone!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.